Thread: Official Ravens Week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Except Edgar wasn't a banger. He was slow and not especially quick, yes, but he didn't run people over the way Levens did. In fact, I think we can say without controversy that, of all the Packer running backs who have lacked every single elite RB trait, Bennett was by far the best.
    As reliable as he was, Edgar never failed to get tripped up by a ankle or foot grab by the last possible would-be tackler.

Mainly I think Bob is remembering Edgar (I assume he is as I haven't read it but am relying on the use of the mudder description normally deployed for Bennett) having success versus the Bears in Chicago in the elements.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    As reliable as he was, Edgar never failed to get tripped up by a ankle or foot grab by the last possible would-be tackler.

Mainly I think Bob is remembering Edgar (I assume he is as I haven't read it but am relying on the use of the mudder description normally deployed for Bennett) having success versus the Bears in Chicago in the elements.
    Or the 1996 (1997) playoff game against the 49ers. Bennett had a very good day, rushing for 2 TD's on a wet field.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Or the 1996 (1997) playoff game against the 49ers. Bennett had a very good day, rushing for 2 TD's on a wet field.
    Was that the mud bowl, with the subsequent resod of the middle of the field? Good fun.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Was that the mud bowl, with the subsequent resod of the middle of the field? Good fun.

With our present turf that has some synthetic fibers in there I don't see us having another mud bowl again. I heard they are going to put in a new field with those same fibers again this spring.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    With our present turf that has some synthetic fibers in there I don't see us having another mud bowl again. I heard they are going to put in a new field with those same fibers again this spring.
    They rip out the turf after the last home game of the year. The put in a new field every year. Taking a stadium tour during the summer is fun because there is nothing in Lambeau Field but grass. No field goal posts, no painted lines, no players benches. Just a large lawn inside a stadium.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    They rip out the turf after the last home game of the year. The put in a new field every year. Taking a stadium tour during the summer is fun because there is nothing in Lambeau Field but grass. No field goal posts, no painted lines, no players benches. Just a large lawn inside a stadium.
    and it look gorgeous

i had to have someone associated with the packers point out the fake blades of grass. even on my hands and knees with 2 people pointing at one i couldn't see it