Thread: Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 7 Week To Go

Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 7 Week To Go

Division Leaders

1. Philadelphia Eagles 8-1
    2. Minnesota Vikings 7-2 Head to head tie-breaker over New Orleans/Better conference winning pct. than Los Angeles
    3. New Orleans Saints 7-2 Better conference winning pct. than Los Angeles
    4. Los Angeles Rams 7-2
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Wild Cards

5. Carolina Panthers 7-3
    6. Seattle Seahawks 6-3

Outside Looking In

7. Atlanta Falcons 5-4 Head to head tie-breaker over Detroit and Dallas
    8. Detroit Lions 5-4 Head to head tie-breaker over Green Bay/Better winning pct. vs. common opponents than Dallas
    9. Green Bay Packers 5-4 Head to head Tie-breaker over Dallas
    10. Dallas Cowboys 5-4
    11. Wash. Redskins 4-5 Better conference winning pct. than Arizona
    12 Arizona Cardinals 4-5
    13. Tampa Bay Bucs 3-6 Head to head tie-breaker over Chicago
    14. Chicago Bears 3-6
    15. New York Giants 1-8
    16. San Fran. 49ers 1-9

Key Week 11 Games

Detroit at Chicago
    Baltimore at Green Bay
    Los Angeles at Minnesota
    Washington at New Orleans
    Philadelphia at Dallas
    Atlanta at Seattle

Bye: Carolina

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Damn this year you might need 11 wins to get in.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Packers are in the hunt!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Report that Kam Chancellor out for the season with a neck injury. Along with losing Sherman, that's quite a hit that the Seahawks secondary has taken. There's a possible opening if the Packers can get to 10 wins.

Key Week 11 Games

Detroit at Chicago
    Baltimore at Green Bay
    Los Angeles at Minnesota
    Washington at New Orleans
    Philadelphia at Dallas
    Atlanta at Seattle

Bye: Carolina

Okay to cheer for Bears?
    Go Rams
    Go Eagles
    Not sure if I want Falcons or Seahawks to win. Just be glad 1 is guaranteed to lose I guess.

^ Rand Rule Corollary

When in doubt, root for a home loss. But in the case of the Bird vs. Bird, Packers beat the Seachickens but lost to the Dirty Birds.

Root for Seachickens

OK, maybe just root for Russell "Nanobubbles" Wilson.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ^ Rand Rule Corollary
    Generally, between two evenly matched Packer Rivals (with similar records), you don't want the road team to win, because that gives them a greater advantage. This rule is negated if the visiting teams has a much poorer record, so that any victory is useful to hurt the team with the better record. If the team is close enough, and dangerous enough (like ATL) you may want Seattle to win so that ATL can't catch the Packers. Plus the Packers beat Seattle. At this point, we are playing for a wild card, so at some point need some Seattle losses so that we at least win tie breaker with Seattle if the Rams win that division.

Bears - Vikings is easy - def cheer for Bears. Vikings and Barr need to be pummeled even if they end up winning.

edit - oops it's Detroit Bears. Same rule applies - need a Bears victory because Detroit is much more a threat.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rooting for SEA loss. That’s a real reach. /s

Your new Avatar is really gross, Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Generally, between two evenly matched Packer Rivals (with similar records), you don't want the road team to win, because that gives them a greater advantage. This rule is negated if the visiting teams has a much poorer record, so that any victory is useful to hurt the team with the better record. If the team is close enough, and dangerous enough (like ATL) you may want Seattle to win so that ATL can't catch the Packers. Plus the Packers beat Seattle. At this point, we are playing for a wild card, so at some point need some Seattle losses so that we at least win tie breaker with Seattle if the Rams win that division.

Bears - Vikings is easy - def cheer for Bears. Vikings and Barr need to be pummeled even if they end up winning.

edit - oops it's Detroit Bears. Same rule applies - need a Bears victory because Detroit is much more a threat.
    If only we possessed technology that allowed us to record our thoughts for posterity, I wouldn't forget the order of operation here.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.