Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Thought on Montgomery's Future

A Thought on Montgomery's Future

Just wondering : Jones & Williams (yes, I know it's early) look like NFL running backs. This week, it sure seems like we get to see Mays in action. What if all 3 turn out to be pretty good?
    With Adams approaching free agency, would the Pack consider moving Montgomery back to receiver?
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

have we already destroyed his development at WR?

he looked to have a decent future, then we made him spend the most important years of his development learning a new position

my question would be, IF we move him back, would he be as good as he was, or could have been

and williams didn't do shit in preseason, so its gonna take more then 1 decent game against a really shitty team to prove he's actually a RB

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

he looked to have a decent future, then we made him spend the most important years of his development learning a new position
    you mean like half a year and an offseason?

And who ever said he was going to be a back only?

It will be interesting to see how much time he spends and where. He's effective from multiple formations.

With the rib injury, I'm sure Belichick has his eye on him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

His immediate future ought to be IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    His immediate future ought to be IR.
    nah. putting him on ir would end his season. they can only bring one guy back now and it'll probably be Rodgers. a couple more weeks and he should be fine. don't know what Adams status has to do with Montgomery. Adams will be resigned and be the #1 for the foreseeable unless they draft a phinom. Ty has one more year on his contract. i'm sure he'll do whatever they ask but rb is where i'm guessing he stay.
    Last edited by gbgary; 11-17-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    nah. putting him on ir would end his season. they can only bring one guy back now and it'll probably be Rodgers. a couple more weeks and he should be fine. don't know what Adams status has to do with Montgomery. Adams will be resigned and be the #1 for the foreseeable unless they draft a phinom. Ty has one more year on his contract. i'm sure he'll do whatever they ask but rb is where i'm guessing he stay.
    Yes.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

He will be traded for a conditional 7th round pick next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    a couple more weeks and he should be fine.
    if he reinjured the ribs, which seems likely, why would he be fine in a couple weeks?

Playing with broken ribs was risky. Reinjury is why.

That said, we don't really have xray eyes.

I doubt Montgomery is damaged long term, and he played a lot better as a RB than as a WR. No reason not to keep him and the other three next year, same as this year.

If Cobb or Adams goes, I'd rather see Janis FINALLY get a chance at WR - along with Allison and Purdue kid and the LSU kid that I can't remember the names of - we do still have them on the practice squad, don't we?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

That said, we don't really have xray eyes.
    I do. It figures you were too cheap to send in the $1.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

my question would be, IF we move him back, would he be as good as he was, or could have been

and williams didn't do shit in preseason, so its gonna take more then 1 decent game against a really shitty team to prove he's actually a RB
    The Bears may be shitty but their defense isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I doubt Montgomery is damaged long term, and he played a lot better as a RB than as a WR. No reason not to keep him and the other three next year, same as this year.

If Cobb or Adams goes, I'd rather see Janis FINALLY get a chance at WR - along with Allison and Purdue kid and the LSU kid that I can't remember the names of - we do still have them on the practice squad, don't we?
    If Janis was going to be a decent WR he would have shown it by now. He is what he is = a special teams demon. And guys like him are valuable to have on your team.

I think he is going to be a fantastic 3rd down back who can also split out wide.

Say hello to the new Calvin Johnson.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I do. It figures you were too cheap to send in the $1.

Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think he is going to be a fantastic 3rd down back who can also split out wide.

Say hello to the new Calvin Johnson.
    PAcker references only, please. Edgar Bennett?

You mean something like leading all RBs in the entire NFL in snaps through 5 weeks?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

what the fuck are you talking about?

PAcker references only, please. Edgar Bennett?
    Basically Brandon Jackson. Maybe not the bell cow RB you want on all 3 downs, but versatile, can pass block, get open on a screen and catch the ball.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Edgar became a pass receiving demon. Not sure about stats, but he very sure-handed. Plus the blitz picker upper.

As I recall, sort of, Brandon Jackson was excellent for one season. Maybe it was two.

He shined bright like diamonds in the sky. Then he was gone - disappeared in Ohio.