Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Week 11 Other Games Thread

It could be worse. Sean McDermott could be in charge and decide to take out his effective but non traditional QB Taylor and put in the backup who failed in preseason (Nathan Peterman) and then watch the future starter throw 5 picks.

Tyrod is back out there is a lost cause.

On the other hand, how many picks did Hundley have?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    what the hell makes the vikings that much better then us this year?

they have a shit QB, so its not that. they lost their starting RB, so its not that. i can't name any of their WRs

is it all their defense? serious question cause they are running away with the division
    First off it seems they do not have a shit qb. He's playing really well. Second , you might want to read up on their wr's. Diggs and Thielen are about the best the NFC has this year so far. Third, defense is tough as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    You haven't been paying attention.

Their QB, Keenum, is way better than ours. The receivers are as good or better than ours. Diggs is an All-Pro. Thielen is playing like one. Kyle Rudolph is one of the best TE's in the Conference. Their RB's are as good as ours. The HC is maybe better.

Their offense is ranked Number 9 in the NFL with a replacement QB. Their defense is Number 5.
    As we now have it the Words Packers and Vikings should not be any sentence discussing 'a positive'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Meta
    There have been specific assertions that Hundley hasn't had enough starts to be written off.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    It could be worse.

We could be Denver.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    First off it seems they do not have a shit qb. He's playing really well. Second , you might want to read up on their wr's. Diggs and Thielen are about the best the NFC has this year so far. Third, defense is tough as hell.
    Your Vikings are looking terrific and this win today over the LA RAMS is huge.

A 24-7 win over an Offensive Force or THe RAMS...AWESOME.

Congratulations
    Rastak.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

It could be worse.

We could be Denver.
    Yea their (Denver) right now, down in the 4th Qtr. (about 8 Mins remain in the 4th Qtr.) at Home to Cincy.

20-10 Bengals

Denver needs a REAL QB..
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-19-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Prior to 2017, Keenum had started 19 games. He was poor and was thought of as only a 3rd string QB. But surrounded by good talent in Minnesota, he flourished, in a way.

He has absolutely torched bad defenses (versus Tampa he had a 142 rating, Chicago a 110, and Washington 117). Against other teams he has scored a 65, 76, 78(Pack), 67, 88).

There isn't a comparison here in experience for Hundley.
    He was considered a 3rd string qb, but accumulated 19 starts in 3 years? His numbers have always been better than what Hundley has shown. Gasp....even as a rookie! Hundley is garbage. Just accept it. If you suck after 3 years of training behind an HOF qb, you suck.

With about 4 Mins left in the 4th Qtr. The Patriots are kicking the Heck out of the Raiders in Oakland"

Pats 33 - 8.

LA Chargers 54-24 over a Rookie QB and The Buffalo Bills.

Dumb Dumb move by the Buffalo Bills HC to bench a winning starting QB...just frickin DUMB.

He got what had to happen. Damn the Bills havn't made the Playoffs since.....? Check that out.

DUMB.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    He was considered a 3rd string qb, but accumulated 19 starts in 3 years? His numbers have always been better than what Hundley has shown. Gasp....even as a rookie! Hundley is garbage. Just accept it. If you suck after 3 years of training behind an HOF qb, you suck.
    His rookie year was on the PS. 3rd string is probably too strong a characterization though. But no one thought of him as a starter coming in to backup Bradford/Bridgewater.

He got eight starts in his first year starting after Matt Schuab flamed out. We'll see where Hundley is after eight starts. Keen had a 78.2 rating that year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

PFTCommenter @PFTCommenter
    you learn more form throwing a interception then you do from a completion- Peterman allready mentally light yrs ahead of Taylor

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    What drives me crazy is the notion that we shouldn't expect anything better from an offense with a 3rd year backup that we've been told is capable. Nice strawman though.
    Why don't you expect any better?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Meta
    it's astonishing isn't it?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Why don't you expect any better?
    At this point i see how bad our backup qb is, so I don't expect anything better. Is my grammar imperfect? Is that logically flawed? What are you getting at?

ah yes, john gruden is already saying in this game that russell wilson is having problems because he is short

completely ignoring the rest of wilsons career in the pros and college where he was also short but very good

ah yes, john gruden is already saying in this game that russell wilson is having problems because he is short

completely ignoring the rest of wilsons career in the pros and college where he was also short but very good
    And his offensive line is brutal.

what the hell makes the vikings that much better then us this year?

they have a shit QB, so its not that. they lost their starting RB, so its not that. i can't name any of their WRs

is it all their defense? serious question cause they are running away with the division
    It is that defense. And even if they win the division I don't see them keeping up with the Eagles. That team is legit this year.
    Last edited by Pugger; 11-21-2017 at 12:34 AM.

It could be worse.

We could be Denver.
    Exactly. Unless they draft a franchise QB this spring they are screwed. We already have our franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Exactly. Unless they draft a franchise QB this spring they are screwed. We already have our franchise QB.
    Maybe? ..Aaron Rodgers remains as the Packers QB...just maybe?