Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
Your coming awful close there, pb, to endorsing free agent signing.

Minnesota replaced Shaun Hill (who might look good on our roster right now) with Case Keenum; Jake Long with Riley Reiff, signed Latavius Murray and four others.

Did I mention they're prospects this year in the NFL are exactly the opposite of ours?

They got Keenum on March 31 of this year which makes the Vikings look smart right now and us stupid. When Bradford went down the Vikings had an experienced QB in the well. When Rodgers went down we had two backup QB's neither of whom had played a down in the NFL.
I think we were all convinced that Hundley was better than Keenum, who is extremely limited. But he is a match to the offense they are running.

Riley Reiff was discarded by the Lions because he stunk out loud. Jake Long, their previous, was just worse. The improvement has on their O line is more than a rag tag street FA signing.

The offense was built for Rodgers. And McCarthy hasn't gotten it tuned to his backup QB. That is a coaching failure. But he is learning about his new QB as his new QB is making his first NFL starts. That is the risk of draft and develop.

Even a vet backup will not be able to run Rodgers offense.

The bigger question is this: does McCarthy's offense, or Capers defense make sense in a limited practice time League?

I think smart colleges and Belichick have it right. Simple for us to teach and them to learn.