Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
I hate to always harp on the injuries and circumstances but it’s hard to install an offense when the evil traitorous TE bolted two running backs get hurt and the tackle - at least on one side is marginal.

The exact O you (Stubbers) wants to run is killed by those problems, not to mention Hundley’s hesitancy.
Sure, it doesn't help. But right now those right tackles are worse in pass pro than run blocking. Or perhaps, there is less risk to the franchise if they blow run blocks than pass blocks.

Losing your blocking TE doesn't help either, but there are adjustments and two FBs, at least one of which can catch a pass.

But what really makes me wonder is that the Ravens have had trouble with the run. Sure they got one run stuffer back, but they aren't as effective as they are heavy. Williams found some room even as his average wasn't great. Inside the tackles he normally got his three yards and started off a bit better.

So I get expecting the Ravens to commit to stopping the run and hoping to force Hundley to throw. But realizing that is their strategy shouldn't cause you to give in to it immediately. That is the time to vary when you pass (first down) and when you run to go against tendencies. Running no huddle and not letting the Ravens get the pass rushers out there was nice, but it wasn't enough.