Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whither Callahan?

Whither Callahan?

Who's on the 'play Callahan' bandwagon?

I've see enough of Hundley. His pocket awareness alone is enough to sit him down.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Only if you're prepared to go with him the rest of the way, whether he's good or bad. You don't want to get into playing musical quarterbacks.

If the rest of the offensive players would have more confidence in Callahan than Hundley, then play Callahan.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    well, at least we know they shouldn't go with Cobb.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Only if you're prepared to go with him the rest of the way, whether he's good or bad. You don't want to get into playing musical quarterbacks.

If the rest of the offensive players would have more confidence in Callahan than Hundley, then play Callahan.
    I'm ok with that.

I've seen enough of Brett2. I like none of it. Let's see what they've got in Callahan.

Watching Perriman now. He's looking like a keeper.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

no point in dumping Hundley...Joe Cool isn't likely to be any better.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

i can't imagine how fat mike has prepared him any better to play then he has his pet project

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I'd probably start Hundley, but if the guy plays like shit, put in Callahan, maybe to start the second half. At this point, what the hell difference does it make. As I recall, Callahan has a bit of aggressiveness and excitement in his game. I haven't seen that from Randy.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

only if hundley gets hurt...which might happen with the way he hangs himself out to dry and backup lineman playing.

The next two - three games play it like Pre-Season Game. Use your QB's to really see what you've got. Juggle it up. Certainly do that if Brett Hundley doesn't show some kind of a Miracle. I was hoping that in today's game in the second half that MM might at least demonstrate 'the Mercy Rule'.

MM is absolutely just too thick for that. He showed that calling a play instead of punting on a 4th down and 6 yards in a close game. Get the Team in the damn Dressing Room and simply re-group. Not Mike McCarthy.

What do you expect from Mike McCarthy in a key situation and a decision of dire consequences?

MM is praying like no man's business that a miracle might happen and Aaron Rodgers might come back and we'll see Packer wins before Season'e end.

Anything but anything to add to his BS and another Season as the Packer HC.

The fact of the matter is it's ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY in Green Bay.

Nobody in the BIG Three or GM, HC nor DC leaves. It's right onto ...it's onto next Season....and Repaat.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-19-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

No.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    well, at least we know they shouldn't go with Cobb.
    But he hasn't tried to throw from the wildcat.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

MM would be admitting a mistake if he plays Callahan. The only way Callahan gets in the game is if Hundley gets hurt.

Callahan may not be any better than Hundley, but it would be tough to be worse.

I'm ready to get Kap on the phone. That's desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    no point in dumping Hundley...Joe Cool isn't likely to be any better.
    This. The season is toast anyway so what difference would it make?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    MM would be admitting a mistake if he plays Callahan. The only way Callahan gets in the game is if Hundley gets hurt.

Callahan may not be any better than Hundley, but it would be tough to be worse.

I'm ready to get Kap on the phone. That's desperation.
    Too hell with going with Kap. I'd roll with Hundley and only go the Joe if Brett gets hurt. This is our reality for the rest of the season. The only good thing about all this is we'll finally get a shot at a real play maker in the upcoming draft.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    This. The season is toast anyway so what difference would it make?
    So, if the season is toast, what difference would it make if we play Callahan, to see what he's made of?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I'd put Callahan out there just to find out if either one of them is worth keeping around next year or if I need to start the entire backup process over again. You really have no idea what someone is made of until you put them in a game situation. Callahan has been in the system long enough that you should be able to run a decent sized chunk of the offense and he actually didn't look too bad in some exhibition games.

This is a far-fetched example, but nobody ever though Brady was going to amount to anything except a 6th Rd. potentially competent backup until Bledsoe got hurt and he had an opportunity to show what he was capable of doing in a game. If Callahan bombs BFD. He wouldn't be the first or last brutally terrible backup or even starter we've had in GB. I just haven't seen anything out of Hundley that would make me want to invest much more time into him and it's not like we're going anywhere this year anyways.

Yep. Paraphrasing others and adding my own bit: Find out which QB should be the back up next season. I feel safe saying it shouldn't be Hundley. If Callahan isn't better we need to know it now so we can sign Josh McCown or some other 40 yo veteran QB. If you are so sure that he isn't better than Hundley then put him back on the practice squad, you are wasting a roster spot.

Very few QBs would still be starters with the 3 games Hundley has put in so far.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Does it make a difference? Probably not. I think we've seen that Hundley isn't a tradeable asset might as well keep playing him and complete the tank job to get some pass rushing talent on this team.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Very few QBs would still be starters with the 3 games Hundley has put in so far.
    true, but they might be back-ups
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hundley starting is a win-win.

You want to tank and get a better pick? Start Hundley - Win

You want to develop a young player and see if they can make it? Start Hundley - Win

Callahan can have his shot in five years when a Lion breaks Rodgers collarbone next.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.