Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: This team will lose to Cleveland

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Man up, Nancy.
    Nance up, Manny
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Or you could be a Browns fan and not have sniffed the playoffs in how long? Christ what a bunch of entitled spoiled pussies you are ( sorry Pugger).
    Hey, no worries. I agree with you. This injury ravaged team with a skittish backup QB who can barely throw further than 10 yards, a green RT, lousy TEs, no pass rush and a beat up secondary with guys starting who belong on the practice squad gutted out a win on the road against a team trying to impress their new boss and save their jobs. This ain't college. You don't get extra credit for style points. Getting that W any way at all is all that matters.

And the best news of all . . . Montravius Adams played!!!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Or you could be a Browns fan and not have sniffed the playoffs in how long? Christ what a bunch of entitled spoiled pussies you are ( sorry Pugger).
    It's almost like the 70s and 80s never happened .

As a parent of 2 elementary schoolers, this argument feels familiar: 'when I was your age, we were lucky to win 7 games a season", "our superbowl was a close game against the Lions", "10 win season? We didn't know what the hell that was'
    Last edited by denverYooper; 12-13-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
    Yeah I look like a fool cause we had to go to overtime against them to win.......a hand grenade would be good in two offices at 1265......
    I'm just having fun.

Props to you for having the stones to take a bold stance and to come back to own it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Hey, no worries. I agree with you. This injury ravaged team with a skittish backup QB who can barely throw further than 10 yards, a green RT, lousy TEs, no pass rush and a beat up secondary with guys starting who belong on the practice squad gutted out a win on the road against a team trying to impress their new boss and save their jobs. This ain't college. You don't get extra credit for style points. Getting that W any way at all is all that matters.

That game went from:

TO:

With a huge Punt return by Trevor Davis setting up a chance in OT.

An ugly ugly Packer game somehow was meant to switch around. They got that all important 'W' as the bottom line.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

As a parent of 2 elementary schoolers, this argument feels familiar: 'when I was your age, we were lucky to win 7 games a season", "our superbowl was a close game against the Lions", "10 win season? We didn't know what the hell that was'
    Oh yeah, I remember those years well. Growing up in Ishpeming a Packer win against the Lions was as good as a Superbowl, since no one in their right mind ever believed the Packers would see a Superbowl in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by alquaal View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember those years well. Growing up in Ishpeming a Packer win against the Lions was as good as a Superbowl, since no one in their right mind ever believed the Packers would see a Superbowl in their lifetime.
    It was a long rough ride between Starr and Favre for us long term Packer fans.

Damn !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I've been fortunate to only experience 2 losing seasons since I started watching the Packers "full time" in 2000. 4-12 with Favre in 2006? And then 6-10 with Rodgers first year. Those years sucked, except early on in the season you knew the playoffs were out of the question and the losses didn't hurt as bad.

I want to go to the playoffs every year, even if that means a worse draft pick and coaches keeping their jobs, because at the end of the day, anything can happen once the playoffs start and I'd rather still be watching football in January and February. Never assume that next year we'll be better than this year. Look at Dallas. From number 1 to middle of the pack and probably won't even make the playoffs. Lots of talk after they lost to us last year that "It's ok cause they'll be back next year." Well, right now it doesn't look ok and it doesn't look like they'll be back. Don't take THIS season for granted.

Besides, other than the Patriots, we are as good as just about anyone over the last 25 years. And if you are measuring success based on if we are as good as the greatest HC/GM of all time in Bill Belichick well... I can't help you there.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post

I endured those dark times. And we were lucky to go .500. Between 1968 and 1992 we made the playoffs a grand total of 2 times.

I endured those dark times. And we were lucky to go .500. Between 1968 and 1992 we made the playoffs a grand total of 2 times.
    Post-Rodgers, if we don't have someone in place to draft and develop a new franchise QB, I fear we'll replay those years.

They were dark times but I loved watching Dickey and company play.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    that offence was pretty special. Dickey, Lofton, Jefferson, and Coffman were the Pro Bowl starters one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Yes, that offense was special. The defenses back then make ours today look like the 85 Bears.

As did I. That’s why I chose the username I did as a constant reminder to enjoy these halcyon days.