Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Ravens

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    This kind of talk makes me laugh. What makes some think Callahan would have been any better? I don't blame Stubby at all. Its hard to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Hundley is his chicken but when he was drafted they thought they could mold him like they did with Flynn. It sucks it didn't work but c'est la vie.
    You said it yourself. What difference does it make? The season is tanked. Nobody knows how good Callahan is. He might be just as shit as Randy. We didn't know Randy was shit till we played him. So play Callahan and find out...or get somebody else. At least make the games less laughable.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    You said it yourself. What difference does it make? The season is tanked. Nobody knows how good Callahan is. He might be just as shit as Randy. We didn't know Randy was shit till we played him. So play Callahan and find out...or get somebody else. At least make the games less laughable.
    Or let Hundley take his lumps and let him develop as a workable backup. It's not like they're looking for their QB of the future. M3 didn't do Hundley any favors today (apparently because he was afraid of their running game), but it didn't help that they lost 2 RTs and 2 RBs in the last few weeks.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Or let Hundley take his lumps and let him develop as a workable backup. It's not like they're looking for their QB of the future. M3 didn't do Hundley any favors today (apparently because he was afraid of their running game), but it didn't help that they lost 2 RTs and 2 RBs in the last few weeks.
    The idea of spending my Sunday afternoons watching developmental football doesn't appeal to me. That game today was just not interesting or entertaining. For the first time in a long time I won't be eagerly awaiting next Sunday's game.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

The idea of spending my Sunday afternoons watching developmental football doesn't appeal to me. That game today was just not interesting or entertaining. For the first time in a long time I won't be eagerly awaiting next Sunday's game.
    The best case scenario for Callahan would be developmental football.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

This.

The only reason to stick with Hundley is if you think there's something there, and his play can improve. I didn't see a sign of that. If you think what's out there is what you've got, move on.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    The best case scenario for Callahan would be developmental football.
    Yup, but I figure there might be more fireworks, more action just because of Callahan's personality and that he's got nothing to lose. It's all about entertainment to me. The Packers are fielding a very, very inferior product. ...Maybe I'll watch soccer. Is bowling still on TV?

Yup, but I figure there might be more fireworks, more action just because of Callahan's personality and that he's got nothing to lose. It's all about entertainment to me. The Packers are fielding a very, very inferior product. ...Maybe I'll watch soccer. Is bowling still on TV?
    Plus he probably doesn't chew gum while quarterbacking.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    This is where I'm getting to as well. I didn't watch on Sunday as the Vikes were on at the same time, and it's not shown here except in a bar (and no Sunday Ticket, I cut the cord years ago). I'm getting to the point where I can't justify the time and money expense of watching the rest of this season in a bar. I'll watch the Pitts and MN games as those will be on regular TV, but the other 4, likely not.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

If Clay hurt his groin after that sack celebration. It's just full of irony. Sack/groin. Or because he hasn't stretched his celebration muscles in a long time.

I really hope we dump Dom and give him one more year.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Lowry had a solid game. Brett played himself out of a job this week.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Sorry this is late, but I have to add 1 stud to the list, and they didn't even realize it. I didn't have time to take a picture of this, but I'm adding the De Pere Theatre to the stud list.

The theatre plays packer games in the theatre for every game, actually always pulls in nice crowds. Their sign outside though looked like this (as best I can write it):

12:00-3:30
    GB vs BAL
    DESPICABLE
    ME 3 7:00

I laughed.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ That's pretty funny.

Reminds me of the sign at a Tomah bar: "7-9AM: Third Shift Happy Hour."
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Lowry had a solid game. Brett played himself out of a job this week.

He did.

I was noticing that since he bulked-up he is kind of an ugly body guy. Lets just say he doesn't look like JJ Watt or Julius Peppers. Maybe JJ Peppers, a really big high school player.

Don't tell him I said any of this.

If anyone in Packer Nation felt anything but embarrassment for the name and Franchise Green Bay Packers; that person has drifted off to La La Land.

That performance by Green Bay placed a whole new emphasis on the word 'ridiculous'.

Watching Mike McCarthy on the sidelines has actually now become like watching 'a Comedy Act' like 'The Three Stooges'.

I'm not sure which one he resembles most so I'm going with a hybrid of all three:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-24-2017 at 12:58 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau