Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should the Packers next DC be Jim Leonhard?

I got news for you. The defense is on its way to outperforming the offense. Sure that's a low bar right now, but an average performance from the D will be hard pressed to justify Thompson forcing McCarthy to dump the DC.

Right now, even with the Rodgers led early offense still in the mix, the Offense is ranked 13th and the Defense 18th according to DVOA. And that is without ANY of the pass rush they expected from this roster save improvement from Clark.

You will need to fire McCarthy to be rid of Capers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    D has played and looked better but eazy to do against Chi and Bal.

Let’s see how they look on Sunday. I am guessing Pitt doesn’t suit up their punter unless he is their holder for punts and field goals.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    D has played and looked better but eazy to do against Chi and Bal.

Let’s see how they look on Sunday. I am guessing Pitt doesn’t suit up their punter unless he is their holder for punts and field goals.
    Yes, after Sunday night nobody is going to singing the praises of our defense. The only teams who we still have to play that don't have much of an offense are the Browns and Bucs because their QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I think we have enough players on this defense that a competent DC could work with but with the cluster-fuck of a mess we have right now we look dreadful against any average offense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I got news for you. The defense is on its way to outperforming the offense. Sure that's a low bar right now, but an average performance from the D will be hard pressed to justify Thompson forcing McCarthy to dump the DC.

Right now, even with the Rodgers led early offense still in the mix, the Offense is ranked 13th and the Defense 18th according to DVOA. And that is without ANY of the pass rush they expected from this roster save improvement from Clark.

You will need to fire McCarthy to be rid of Capers.

DEBBIE DOWNER !!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    A BAD COMBO.......IMO.....EVEN IF SOMETHING IS NEEDED

Murphy will never let TT go
    TT will never let MM go
    MM will never "want" to let DOM go
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Our next DC will be Dom Capers... he ain't going anywhere.

Our window has passed with Rodgers.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yes, after Sunday night nobody is going to singing the praises of our defense. The only teams who we still have to play that don't have much of an offense are the Browns and Bucs because their QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I think we have enough players on this defense that a competent DC could work with but with the cluster-fuck of a mess we have right now we look dreadful against any average offense.
    To ever simply be discussing any possible switch of the Packers DC is obviously in my view dramatically MOOT.

[SIZE=1]I've been a Green Bay Packer fan since 1958.

I've been (an NHL) Montreal Canadiens fan for nearly 5 Decades.

Right now the Green Bay Packers in my honest observation of it all are:

THe NFL Version of(The NHL) Montreal Canadians.

Both Organizations are in an UGLY Mess.

The Green Bay Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy = Geoffrey Molson current President and CEO and co-owner of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens.

Green Bay Packers GM Ted 'a Free Ticket to Ride' Thompson and his Scouting Department = HABS GM Michel Bergevin (contracted until 2021-22 ... OUCH !) and his Scouting Dept..

Packer HC Mike McCarthy and his Coaching Staff = Montreal Canadiens HC Claude Julien and his Coaching Staff.

The Packers Super Star and Highest Paid Player Aaron Rodgers (who must recover from a serious injury and is in the last season of his 5 Year Option Contract) = The HABS 'Best and Highest paid Player' Goalie Carey Price (recently described as the Best Hockey Goalie on the Planet and now on the sidelines with what?... noone... very possibly TRUTHFULLY is disclosing.

Lambeau Field and Sell out attendance for Packer Games = 'The Always Sold Out' Bell Center or Hockey Arena Home of The Montreal Canadiens. In the Top Five in the World as any comparable Sports and Entertainment etc. Venue and $Profit$.

Any correct response to the possible continuing question of winning any Championship is no longer of greatest concern. Why !? The concern has suddenly shifted to 'can either of these two Proud Pro Sports Teams (Franchises) even make their League Playoffs. How much in terms of a decline may we as Fans be in denial of?

I'll revisit the TOP of this post and my most honest and upfront observation.

Both Organizations (The Green Bay Packers and The Montreal Canadiens) are in an UGLY Mess.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-23-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Why is the Packer organization in an ugly mess? Seems like the organization is running smooth as silk. Are you perhaps smoking with Jones?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    To ever simply be discussing any possible switch of the Packers DC is obviously in my view dramatically MOOT.

[SIZE=1]I've been a Green Bay Packer fan since 1958.

I've been (an NHL) Montreal Canadiens fan for nearly 5 Decades.

Right now the Green Bay Packers in my honest observation of it all are:

THe NFL Version of(The NHL) Montreal Canadians.

Both Organizations are in an UGLY Mess.

The Green Bay Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy = Geoffrey Molson current President and CEO and co-owner of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens.

Green Bay Packers GM Ted 'a Free Ticket to Ride' Thompson and his Scouting Department = HABS GM Michel Bergevin (contracted until 2021-22 ... OUCH !) and his Scouting Dept..

Packer HC Mike McCarthy and his Coaching Staff = Montreal Canadiens HC Claude Julien and his Coaching Staff.

The Packers Super Star and Highest Paid Player Aaron Rodgers (who must recover from a serious injury and is in the last season of his 5 Year Option Contract) = The HABS 'Best and Highest paid Player' Goalie Carey Price (recently described as the Best Hockey Goalie on the Planet and now on the sidelines with what?... noone... very possibly TRUTHFULLY is disclosing.

Lambeau Field and Sell out attendance for Packer Games = 'The Always Sold Out' Bell Center or Hockey Arena Home of The Montreal Canadiens. In the Top Five in the World as any comparable Sports and Entertainment etc. Venue and $Profit$.

Any correct response to the possible continuing question of winning any Championship is no longer of greatest concern. Why !? The concern has suddenly shifted to 'can either of these two Proud Pro Sports Teams (Franchises) even make their League Playoffs. How much in terms of a decline may we as Fans be in denial of?

I'll revisit the TOP of this post and my most honest and upfront observation.

Both Organizations (The Green Bay Packers and The Montreal Canadiens) are in an UGLY Mess.
    Nonsense. How come you weren't talking like this before Rodgers got hurt? Why does Dallas looks like shit without their best offensive player? How come AZ can't win without a decent QB? We saw how good Seattle's D is without Sherman. Houston's D is a hot mess without JJ. Watt. The Giants' might now get a top 5 pick after Beckham was lost for the season. Last year Oakland fell apart after they lost Carr. When you lose arguably your best player your season can go to hell but it doesn't mean the entire franchise is crashing and burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Nonsense. How come you weren't talking like this before Rodgers got hurt? Why does Dallas looks like shit without their best offensive player? How come AZ can't win without a decent QB? We saw how good Seattle's D is without Sherman. Houston's D is a hot mess without JJ. Watt. The Giants' might now get a top 5 pick after Beckham was lost for the season. Last year Oakland fell apart after they lost Carr. When you lose arguably your best player your season can go to hell but it doesn't mean the entire franchise is crashing and burning.
    I'll stick with my observation and analysis of what is too obvious and these two long standing Pro Sports Franchises.

I'm not comparing the Green Bay Packers to any other NFL Franchise. I'm comparing the Green Bay Packers Franchise (Organization) to the Mighty Montreal Canadians Organization.

This PRO Sports Franchise:

No. 1 - NHL - Montreal Canadiens AND *24 Stanley Cup titles

Title years: 1915-16*, 1923-24, 1929-30, 1930-31, 1943-44, 1945-46, 1952-53, 1955-56, 1956-57, 1957-58, 1958-59, 1959-60, 1964-65, 1965-66, 1967-68, 1968-69, 1970-71, 1972-73, 1975-76, 1976-77, 1977-78, 1978-79, 1985-86, 1992-93

*The NHL wasn't founded until 1917.

http://www.nbcsports.com/best-best-f...ships#slide-12