Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should the Packers next DC be Jim Leonhard?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think Jimmy is a heck of a coach clearly but let's also not forget he has a stacked senior laden lineup of guys with in general 2-3 years of experience. Let's see how he does next year before we crown him. It certainly looks very promising.

I would rather have Aranda just due to how long he's done it and been successful in a variety of situations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think Jimmy is a heck of a coach clearly but let's also not forget he has a stacked senior laden lineup of guys with in general 2-3 years of experience. Let's see how he does next year before we crown him. It certainly looks very promising.

I would rather have Aranda just due to how long he's done it and been successful in a variety of situations.
    I would take Aranda in GB as well; but he's got a cush job as one of the highest paid DC's in college football and I'm not sure if he wants in the NFL

As to Leonard, dude it phenominal at half time adjustments. The numbers are f'ckin silly good

A ton of talent at LB is injured and Badge didn't miss a beat; scary what this defense would be if hey had those guys too.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I would disagree with Wist. Capers being gone is clearly on its way. It seems MM is about a solid year behind the sentiment in terms of letting coaches go based on his past dealings. He tends to be too loyal. But I think Dom is history.
    NOW BASED ON PAST....there will probably be 1 or 2 outstanding DC's available, and MM will drag his feet with his decision, and we'll lose out on them while MM is assessing everything.

But I think he's gone and I'm fine with that even though I think he's only partially....50 percent MAX at fault.

The guy who is here as long as he wants is TT; Murphy IMO doesn't have stones to make any call even if you wanted to argue it might be time.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'm on the Mike Nolan or Dennis Thurman train for DC.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I got news for you. The defense is on its way to outperforming the offense. Sure that's a low bar right now, but an average performance from the D will be hard pressed to justify Thompson forcing McCarthy to dump the DC.

Right now, even with the Rodgers led early offense still in the mix, the Offense is ranked 13th and the Defense 18th according to DVOA. And that is without ANY of the pass rush they expected from this roster save improvement from Clark.

You will need to fire McCarthy to be rid of Capers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I got news for you. The defense is on its way to outperforming the offense. Sure that's a low bar right now, but an average performance from the D will be hard pressed to justify Thompson forcing McCarthy to dump the DC.

Right now, even with the Rodgers led early offense still in the mix, the Offense is ranked 13th and the Defense 18th according to DVOA. And that is without ANY of the pass rush they expected from this roster save improvement from Clark.

You will need to fire McCarthy to be rid of Capers.

DEBBIE DOWNER !!!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    D has played and looked better but eazy to do against Chi and Bal.

Let’s see how they look on Sunday. I am guessing Pitt doesn’t suit up their punter unless he is their holder for punts and field goals.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    D has played and looked better but eazy to do against Chi and Bal.

Let’s see how they look on Sunday. I am guessing Pitt doesn’t suit up their punter unless he is their holder for punts and field goals.
    Yes, after Sunday night nobody is going to singing the praises of our defense. The only teams who we still have to play that don't have much of an offense are the Browns and Bucs because their QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I think we have enough players on this defense that a competent DC could work with but with the cluster-fuck of a mess we have right now we look dreadful against any average offense.

Blog Entries
    A BAD COMBO.......IMO.....EVEN IF SOMETHING IS NEEDED

Murphy will never let TT go
    TT will never let MM go
    MM will never "want" to let DOM go

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Why is the Packer organization in an ugly mess? Seems like the organization is running smooth as silk. Are you perhaps smoking with Jones?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck