Thread: Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 6 Weeks To Go

Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 6 Weeks To Go

Division Leaders

1. Philadelphia Eagles 9-1
    2. Minnesota Vikings 8-2 Head to head tie-breaker over New Orleans
    3. New Orleans Saints 8-2
    4. Los Angeles Rams 7-3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Wild Cards

5. Carolina Panthers 7-3
    6. Atlanta Falcons 6-4 Head to head tie-breaker over Detroit and Seattle

Outside Looking In

7. Detroit Lions 6-4 Better conference winning pct. than Seattle
    8. Seattle Seahawks 6-4
    9. Green Bay Packers 5-5 Head to head Tie-breaker over Dallas
    10. Dallas Cowboys 5-5
    11. Wash. Redskins 4-6 Better winning pct. in common games than Arizona/Better conference winning pct. than Tampa Bay
    12 Arizona Cardinals 4-6 Head to head tie-breaker over Tampa Bay
    13. Tampa Bay Bucs 4-6 Head to head tie-breaker over Chicago
    14. Chicago Bears 3-7
    15. New York Giants 2-8
    16. San Fran. 49ers 1-9

Key Week 12 Games

Minnesota at Detroit
    Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas
    Tampa Bay at Atlanta
    Carolina at New York Jets
    Chicago at Philadelphia
    Seattle at San Francisco
    New Orleans at Los Angeles Rams
    Green Bay at Pittsburgh

Vikings and Lions for thanksgiving day game? excellent!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Funny how the top 8 teams pretty much have the elite QB's in the NFC, with the exception of Minn and GB with Arod hurt. I suppose you could say Keenum is playing like an elite QB. And, if you have an elite QB and a top defense, well that's pretty much always been the ticket to the playoffs.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    And, if you have an elite QB and a top defense, well that's pretty much always been the ticket to the playoffs.
    You should be on TV. This is football gold, maxie, gold.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Maxi is approaching Dan Fouts territory: “You know, if the Chargers score more points than the Raiders, they might just win this game.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    You should be on TV. This is football gold, maxie, gold.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Maxi is approaching Dan Fouts territory: “You know, if the Chargers score more points than the Raiders, they might just win this game.”
    I like Fouts. When I'm on TV I'm going to emulate him...unless nowadays that's considered harassment of some kind.

Email a link to your commentary in the game day thread to ESPN. That will turn some heads.

Email a link to your commentary in the game day thread to ESPN. That will turn some heads.
    Great idea. Maybe I could just link to Sunday night's game day thread. I'll use it as an audition tape of sorts. Let me know what you think after the game. It would be neat if I could bring home a winner!

Could I kinda be your sidekick for the game? Or at least your Erin Andrews? Nah, this is your show. But remember: be nice to people on the way up, they're the same ones you'll see on the way down.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Great idea. Maybe I could just link to Sunday night's game day thread. I'll use it as an audition tape of sorts. Let me know what you think after the game. It would be neat if I could bring home a winner!
    I sent several post-game chats to ESPN along with an extensive resume and healthcare waiver. Their response was that 95% of their TV and print 'talent' already insults their audience; they don't need another. I fired back that 1) they don't do it as well as I and 2) they don't work for $0.63/hour. There was no response.

Could I kinda be your sidekick for the game? Or at least your Erin Andrews? Nah, this is your show. But remember: be nice to people on the way up, they're the same ones you'll see on the way down.
    Famous sidekicks you might want to emulate (the last one has the smoothest delivery):

If Hop Along Cassidy works for you, I'm there for you. You're the boss.

If you want to go theatrical route, and you think you could hold-up through a whole game in voice of wicked witch, I do an awesome flying monkey.

It would be something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty View Post
    I sent several post-game chats to ESPN along with an extensive resume and healthcare waiver. Their response was that 95% of their TV and print 'talent' already insults their audience; they don't need another. I fired back that 1) they don't do it as well as I and 2) they don't work for $0.63/hour. There was no response.
    lol

Vikings and Lions for thanksgiving day game? excellent!
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-avoids-injury
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau