Thread: Official Steelers Week

Official Steelers Week

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde

Beautiful #Thanksgiving morning for an early #Packers practice. Not taking part: A.Jones (knee), Matthews (groin), Patrick (hand), Linsley (unknown), Montgomery (ribs), Clark (ankle). Linsley is new to the list.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    If we lose by 21 it's a moral victory.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Falling asleep during the 4th quarter will help ease the pain. That and several legal beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Falling asleep during the 4th quarter will help ease the pain. That and several legal beverages.
    Are you saying you're not going to break out the Purple Drank?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I see the expectations for this game are amazingly low. I'm residing there as well. Anything better than a total ass-kicking will be welcome, but I envision a 50+ total for the Steelers and maybe 10-20 for the Packers. Over before the half to be sure. I'm deliberately setting my threshold very low so I can't be disappointed. May just record the thing and only watch if the final is remotely close.

And to think I was gonna go to this one.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I see the expectations for this game are amazingly low. I'm residing there as well. Anything better than a total ass-kicking will be welcome, but I envision a 50+ total for the Steelers and maybe 10-20 for the Packers. Over before the half to be sure. I'm deliberately setting my threshold very low so I can't be disappointed. May just record the thing and only watch if the final is remotely close.

And to think I was gonna go to this one.
    There's always the possibility Bad Ben could show up and help keep it close.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    If we lose by 21 it's a moral victory.
    The Packers are 14 Point Road Dogs.

SNF and a National Audience. A whole lot of NFL Fans may be turning the channel early.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I want to see QB Brett Hundley and NOT a whole lot of his Happy Feet.

Mike McCarthy has to set up the quick plays on offense. A whole lot of Simple Read plays. He needs to call plays that best protect the ball. Brett Hundley is getting Sacked a lot (an average of about 4 per game) and losing 30 Yards a game.

He doesn't have talent at QB now. Really how much 'and talent' does he have?

This is the TEST for a REAL Head Coach. His NO. 20 Power Ranked Packers Vs THe NO. 4 Ranked Pittsburgh Steelers.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Writers say prevailing thinking is that Burnett, King and Linsley will play. (Burnett and Linsley said this in interviews)

Clark and Monty are likely out. Matthews is a game time decision.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

if you thought last week was bad...

I say again, the problem is primarily the O Line. Hundley has been far from perfect, but he's been about as good as could be expected with the horrible pass rush/lame-assed O Line/receivers who were good as long as Aaron Rodgers was the one throwing to them/RBs who need to run with very few holes opened by the line. Hundley is getting a large dose of what Aaron Rodgers had to overcome - and usually did.

There's a slim chance we could beat Pittsburgh, but it will only happen if the damn O Line suddenly plays way better than it seems like they are capable of playing.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I say again, the problem is primarily the O Line. Hundley has been far from perfect, but he's been about as good as could be expected with the horrible pass rush/lame-assed O Line/receivers who were good as long as Aaron Rodgers was the one throwing to them/RBs who need to run with very few holes opened by the line. Hundley is getting a large dose of what Aaron Rodgers had to overcome - and usually did.

There's a slim chance we could beat Pittsburgh, but it will only happen if the damn O Line suddenly plays way better than it seems like they are capable of playing.
    Ain't gonna happen...

I just find it extremely difficult to generate any interest in the games this year since Rodgers went down. I think it was the realization that we were fukked for the season. I almost find myself hoping we lose out? Weird huh...

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    This one turned out to be a real bust for NBC. I'm surprised they didn't flex another game - any other game - to tonight instead. I wouldn't watch tonight if I wasn't a Packer or Steeler fan, and I imagine most people feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Ain't gonna happen...

I just find it extremely difficult to generate any interest in the games this year since Rodgers went down. I think it was the realization that we were fukked for the season. I almost find myself hoping we lose out? Weird huh...
    NO ... Realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    This one turned out to be a real bust for NBC. I'm surprised they didn't flex another game - any other game - to tonight instead. I wouldn't watch tonight if I wasn't a Packer or Steeler fan, and I imagine most people feel the same way.
    Its a week of horrible matchups and FOX and CBS protected the better games. No choice.

Plus GB and Steelers aren't a bad draw considering.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Here's how it might easily look (In case your a Packer Cool Aid Drinker!? The Black Dude is Pittsburgh):

Blog Entries
    The problem is WAY bigger than the OL

It's taking our QB too long to go though his reads...and he' not recognizing defenses as well as most QB's do

I think I was mocked for suggesting I'd be fine with Keenum as our backup QB many many weeks ago. That turned out to be a correct statement.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    The problem is WAY bigger than the OL

It's taking our QB too long to go though his reads...and he' not recognizing defenses as well as most QB's do

I think I was mocked for suggesting I'd be fine with Keenum as our backup QB many many weeks ago. That turned out to be a correct statement.
    a-rod has the exact same problem, so its the system

It doesn't help the QB or the OL that once an RB puts together a decent game or 2, he gets injured. I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams gain 75 yards in the first half and then get injured on the first carry of the second.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    a-rod has the exact same problem, so its the system
    With Rodgers it IS the offense. Hundley is supposed to be making progressive reads.