Thread: HOW DRAFTING MY GUY SMASH MOUTH TJ WATT COULD HAVE ALTERED GREEN BAY'S ENTIRE DRAFT

Blog Entries

HOW DRAFTING MY GUY SMASH MOUTH TJ WATT COULD HAVE ALTERED GREEN BAY'S ENTIRE DRAFT

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Time will tell, but the guest Steeler beat writer was sort of ho-hum about Watt's performance so far:

. How has T.J. Watt played so far in his rookie campaign?

A month or so ago, there was legitimate chatter he was a defensive rookie of the year type. Now, that seems far-fetched. Watt has appeared to hit something of a rookie wall – or maybe opponents are adjusting to him. He was a revelation during summer workouts and training camp, easily passing the proverbial “eye test” as a standout.

He had a pair of sacks on his first preseason series, and then a pair of sacks in his NFL regular-season debut. A groin injury slowed him, and since coming back he hasn’t been as productive or disruptive. But there’s no doubting he has playmaking ability – be it sacks, batted-down passes, interceptions… Watt seems to have “it.” It just hasn’t shown much over the past month or so.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ers/891309001/

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    A groin injury slowed him, and since coming back he hasn’t been as productive or disruptive
    He is #Packerpeople
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    31 tackles, five defended passed, four sacks, and one blocked field goal would seem to be a nice start

And if you ready up Tomlin loves he guy; and he's a great team player.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    31 tackles, five defended passed, four sacks, and one blocked field goal would seem to be a nice start

And if you ready up Tomlin loves he guy; and he's a great team player.
    Lately he has been bad. His pass rush move has been the speed rush. The OT has just pushed him upfield past the QB. The 2 Pitt games that I have watched this happened over and over again.

With Hundleys move of bailing out the back of the pocket TJ might get 6 sacks Sunday night. If Hundley steps into the pocket TJ will have 0.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Dumb article
    Go PACK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Dumb article

Disagree; it's McGinn like article that breaks down things...unlike the powder puff fluffies we often read.

It gives you some real life examples of what might have occurred; and it's an article we can all refer back to a few years from now on whether we should have taken Watt or not

We can argue about this stuff; I enjoy articles when has arms occasionally flailing

It is legitimate to debate whether they should have taken Watt instead of trading the pick and taking King and Biegel, as they did. Everything beyond that is second guessing, with a good batch of hindsight information.

No doubt Watt would look good to G&G, but so far I like what I'm seeing of King and a finally healthy Biegel. We'll see in 5 years. My gut feeling is Watt is going to be a star but we shall see.

My gut feeling is that Watt is gonna be a star that burns out fairly quick - maybe quicker than J.J. He has an injury history, and he is that kind of high energy player who gets hurt at times.

Time will tell on King and Biegel, but I think in 3 or 5 or 10 years, we will be glad we got them instead of Watt.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Disagree; it's McGinn like article that breaks down things...unlike the powder puff fluffies we often read.

It gives you some real life examples of what might have occurred; and it's an article we can all refer back to a few years from now on whether we should have taken Watt or not

We can argue about this stuff; I enjoy articles when has arms occasionally flailing
    Patler already beat me to it. Watt vs King and Biegel? Sure that's fine and a debate that won't be decided for at least another year. Everything else is just hindsight and fiction (projecting a trade that may or may not have even been accepted).
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    A groin injury slowed him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg9ruee3Vos

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^ lol
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck