Thread: Mark Murphy is as useless as a hind TIT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    So should we say the same about Holmgren and Sherman riding BF’s coattails?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yes, maybe not quite as much as Thompson and McCarthy with AR, but certainly some. Also, it took some initiative to go out and get Favre. Rodgers just kinda fell into Ted's lap.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Yes, maybe not quite as much as Thompson and McCarthy with AR, but certainly some. Also, it took some initiative to go out and get Favre. Rodgers just kinda fell into Ted's lap.
    Neither Holmgren nor Sherman went out and got Favre. Wolf did that.
    I have always thought the argument that Rodgers "fell into(Thompson's) lap" is....well....idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Neither Holmgren nor Sherman went out and got Favre. Wolf did that.
    I have always thought the argument that Rodgers "fell into(Thompson's) lap" is....well....idiotic.
    Really. How many other GMs would have had the stones to take a QB in the 1st round in their first draft as GM when they already had the Ironman FARVE?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Really. How many other GMs would have had the stones to take a QB in the 1st round in their first draft as GM when they already had the Ironman FARVE?
    Rodgers was a toss-up to be #1 overall, and he fell to #21. Favre was what? 36 I think?

It was a slam dunk obvious decision - too obvious even for Ted to blow it. And hell yeah, that is "falling into his lap".
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Rodgers was a toss-up to be #1 overall, and he fell to #21. Favre was what? 36 I think?

It was a slam dunk obvious decision - too obvious even for Ted to blow it. And hell yeah, that is "falling into his lap".
    Right. Whatever you say Captain Hindsight. Which is why 23 other teams passed on him. Good reasoning.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.