Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Murphy is as useless as a hind TIT

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Someone joked (was it here or Twitter? Don't remember) that soon the masthead at Bronco HQ will look like this:

Owner: Elway
    GM: Elway
    Head Scout: Elway
    Coach: Elway
    QB: Elway
    Why are the Broncos 3-7? Because they have no QB. Even with that vaunted defense they look terrible. All this talk of cleaning out management didn't start until we lost our QB and his backup isn't up to snuff. We can blame Ted for our backup situation but getting a competent backup QB is a luxury in this league. Hell, there are 10 teams in the league that don't even have a decent starter. If we fix our defense this offseason 2018 is going to be a lot of fun and all of this will be a distant memory.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Rants like the one above make realize how uninformed fans really are.

ARod is making 21.1 million this year. 5th highest amount qbs which tells you how could of a deal gb gave him to still be so highly compensated 5 years later.

Of course people don’t remember him getting 30+ million up front when he signed and 50+ million of the 110 guaranteed. They just say he counts 13 million against the cap and Perry makes more because Perry was just signed with his signing bonus.
    I do have something wrong in the post. ARod costs 21 million against the cap he is only receiving 13 million in cash this year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Why are the Broncos 3-7? Because they have no QB. Even with that vaunted defense they look terrible. All this talk of cleaning out management didn't start until we lost our QB and his backup isn't up to snuff. We can blame Ted for our backup situation but getting a competent backup QB is a luxury in this league. Hell, there are 10 teams in the league that don't even have a decent starter. If we fix our defense this offseason 2018 is going to be a lot of fun and all of this will be a distant memory.
    You know if you have a starting caliber back-up QB, because he's starting for another team.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I think the expression is useless as tits on a bull ......
    Yup, this packer fan:

is offended by the title to this thread.

All this talk of cleaning out management didn't start until we lost our QB and his backup isn't up to snuff. We can blame Ted for our backup situation but getting a competent backup QB is a luxury in this league. If we fix our defense this offseason 2018 is going to be a lot of fun and all of this will be a distant memory.
    calling for TT ouster started two or three years ago. fixing the D has been the focus of the last 3 or 4 drafts and look what you've got. the saints fixed their horrible D in one year. TT has let talent go in the name of salary cap (that doesn't get used). failed to add impact players in FA. kept a roster full of struggling young players because they're "his guys." cheap at the expense quality. that's his motto.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    calling for TT ouster started two or three years ago. fixing the D has been the focus of the last 3 or 4 drafts and look what you've got. the saints fixed their horrible D in one year. TT has let talent go in the name of salary cap (that doesn't get used). failed to add impact players in FA. kept a roster full of struggling young players because they're "his guys." cheap at the expense quality. that's his motto.
    The Saints have been trying to fix their horrible D since Gregg Williams last year, don't kid yourself that this was a one year fix. Just like Seattle and San Fran, they accumulated a bunch of top of round talent and have finally made it pay off.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i brought this up a few weeks back

if we had a real owner, changes would have been made a long time ago

instead we have a guy who was handed the job, who like the others involved are more then happy to sit back and let a-rod take us to the playoffs every year

don't rock the boat

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

instead we have a guy who was handed the job, who like the others involved are more then happy to sit back and let a-rod take us to the playoffs every year

don't rock the boat
    Most real owners are idiots when it comes to hiring GMs and coaches. Look at the 49ers, Titans, Jacksonville, Chicago, Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Redskins, Browns and Broncos.

The patient ones, Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Patriots get actual returns on their investments. Jerry's best teams in Dallas have come because he listened to others about the draft and kept one head coach and kept his meddling to below normal.

Unlike QB, there are 32 qualified candidates for NFL coaching gigs. The first questions are always what kid of front office do they have and what kind of talent on the field. The most important question is whether or not the team is patient while the coach improves and learns.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If we had a single owner he'd be meddling in there firing the staff every few years when we lose in the NFCC game and then we'll be right back to the 70s and 80s when the BOD was running the team right into the ground.

Even when Rodgers is back it doesn't change the fact that HE makes stubby a decent coach. I have always maintained on here that the Packers win despite stubby, not because of him. Maybe it's not totally him that is useless. Perhaps TT holds him back. Ted's shitty player selection certainly does stubby no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Even when Rodgers is back it doesn't change the fact that HE makes stubby a decent coach. I have always maintained on here that the Packers win despite stubby, not because of him. Maybe it's not totally him that is useless. Perhaps TT holds him back. Ted's shitty player selection certainly does stubby no favors.
    Favre also made MM look better than he is. Put it this way, as sure as God made little apples, McCarthy's record as a Coach is way-way over inflated because of both Favre and Rodgers.

If you watch what MM says at halftime while being interviewed it has been the same thing for years now. He says, "we have to execute and run the ball more."
    Aflack

I think the expression is useless as tits on a bull ...... he needs to fire that piece of crap Ted Thompson.
    Lol man, you get what I mean. "Useless as a hind tit" is what I know and might even work better.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

don't rock the boat
    Don't rock the boat might be the way you live your life.

Status quo, don't cause trouble, complain, disagree, disturb the balance, upset the apple cart, object, don't make waves.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Favre also made MM look better than he is. Put it this way, as sure as God made little apples, McCarthy's record as a Coach is way-way over inflated because of both Favre and Rodgers.

If you watch what MM says at halftime while being interviewed it has been the same thing for years now. He says, "we have to execute and run the ball more."
    Aflack
    Dilly, dilly.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    So should we say the same about Holmgren and Sherman riding BF’s coattails?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Yes, maybe not quite as much as Thompson and McCarthy with AR, but certainly some. Also, it took some initiative to go out and get Favre. Rodgers just kinda fell into Ted's lap.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Yes, maybe not quite as much as Thompson and McCarthy with AR, but certainly some. Also, it took some initiative to go out and get Favre. Rodgers just kinda fell into Ted's lap.
    Neither Holmgren nor Sherman went out and got Favre. Wolf did that.
    I have always thought the argument that Rodgers "fell into(Thompson's) lap" is....well....idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Neither Holmgren nor Sherman went out and got Favre. Wolf did that.
    I have always thought the argument that Rodgers "fell into(Thompson's) lap" is....well....idiotic.
    Really. How many other GMs would have had the stones to take a QB in the 1st round in their first draft as GM when they already had the Ironman FARVE?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Lol man, you get what I mean. "Useless as a hind tit" is what I know and might even work better.
    On my uncle's dairy farm it was "hind tit." Down here on the Redneck Riviera they say "Useless as tits on a boar hog."
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Really. How many other GMs would have had the stones to take a QB in the 1st round in their first draft as GM when they already had the Ironman FARVE?
    Rodgers was a toss-up to be #1 overall, and he fell to #21. Favre was what? 36 I think?

It was a slam dunk obvious decision - too obvious even for Ted to blow it. And hell yeah, that is "falling into his lap".
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?