Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mark Murphy is as useless as a hind TIT

Its almost as if having a HoF caliber QB makes any coach smarter and better. I wonder why that is?

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Rodgers was a toss-up to be #1 overall, and he fell to #21. Favre was what? 36 I think?

It was a slam dunk obvious decision - too obvious even for Ted to blow it. And hell yeah, that is "falling into his lap".
    Right. Whatever you say Captain Hindsight. Which is why 23 other teams passed on him. Good reasoning.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    calling for TT ouster started two or three years ago. fixing the D has been the focus of the last 3 or 4 drafts and look what you've got. the saints fixed their horrible D in one year. TT has let talent go in the name of salary cap (that doesn't get used). failed to add impact players in FA. kept a roster full of struggling young players because they're "his guys." cheap at the expense quality. that's his motto.

You ' nailed Ted Thompson'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    TT got the two decisions correct that you have to: The coach and the QB. Judging by accomplishments - record and Championships, he's easily in the top 2-5 of NFL GMs over the past ten years. I notice that the people who dislike him and want him out almost completely overlap with the most emotional tantrum throwers on gameday (and all other days for that matter).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    TT got the two decisions correct that you have to: The coach and the QB. Judging by accomplishments - record and Championships, he's easily in the top 2-5 of NFL GMs over the past ten years. I notice that the people who dislike him and want him out almost completely overlap with the most emotional tantrum throwers on gameday (and all other days for that matter).
    And confuse molly bolts for nails.

Irregardless of whether you like TT or stubby. The title of the thread is pointing out how worthless Mark Murphy is. There is more of an argument for this than against. What exactly does Murphy do? Pretty much nothing.

It’s just another way to complain about TT. “Murphy is awful because he won’t fire TT”. Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Irregardless of whether you like TT or stubby. The title of the thread is pointing out how worthless Mark Murphy is. There is more of an argument for this than against. What exactly does Murphy do? Pretty much nothing.
    Actually, unless things have changed dramatically since I grew up on a dairy farm, the title to this thread actually points out the irrational analysis and confusion that fans put into evaluations of front office personnel.

Hind tits on a cow in my days on the farm were anything but worthless. In fact, the hind tits generally produced considerably more milk than the front tits. So carrying that analogy to the value of Murphy, he is considerably more valuable than others.

Now, that being said, there is a disparaging saying about "sucking hind tit", which relates to the natural impact of cows (and other four legged animals) doing what they do, including (particularly cows) dropping tremendous loads of frequently soft crap from about 4 foot elevations, along with giant cascading waterfalls of urine, often at the same time. These mixtures generally bounce and splash off their legs if the are walking and coat their tails and the back portion of their udders more so than the front portions. In addition to the hind tits being more encumbered by the legs of the animal, "sucking hind tit" is generally less desirable than sucking front tit; but that relates to the feeding order of those sucking tits and does not refer to the values of the tits themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Actually, unless things have changed dramatically since I grew up on a dairy farm, the title to this thread actually points out the irrational analysis and confusion that fans put into evaluations of front office personnel.

Hind tits on a cow in my days on the farm were anything but worthless. In fact, the hind tits generally produced considerably more milk than the front tits. So carrying that analogy to the value of Murphy, he is considerably more valuable than others.

Now, that being said, there is a disparaging saying about "sucking hind tit", which relates to the natural impact of cows (and other four legged animals) doing what they do, including (particularly cows) dropping tremendous loads of frequently soft crap from about 4 foot elevations, along with giant cascading waterfalls of urine, often at the same time. These mixtures generally bounce and splash off their legs if the are walking and coat their tails and the back portion of their udders more so than the front portions. In addition to the hind tits being more encumbered by the legs of the animal, "sucking hind tit" is generally less desirable than sucking front tit; but that relates to the feeding order of those sucking tits and does not refer to the values of the tits themselves.
    Thanks Patler for that informed Dissertation on Tits and Farming.

I was also raised part time early in my life and on both of my Grandparents Farms and your analysis is certainly accurate.

** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Clearly Patler knows a ton about tits showing he's absolutely not a one trick pony, only knowing football. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Clearly Patler knows a ton about tits showing he's absolutely not a one trick pony, only knowing football. Well done!
    Patler:

Up on TITS !

Incredibly well explained. Also, props for not going after "irregardless".

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Murphy oversees the business end of the corperation, runs committee meetings and represents the team at league meetings. The only "football" decision Murphy would make is hiring and firing the GM. I doubt TT will be fired. I'm guessing they all know he is retiring after the 2018 season anyway.

Have I stumbled onto the Farmer's Almanac... anyone know what the weather is going to be on Aug 18, 2018?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Have I stumbled onto the Farmer's Almanac... anyone know what the weather is going to be on Aug 18, 2018?
    warm as a cows' tit
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    If we're going to get technical, it's "teat."
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    If we're going to get technical, it's "teat."
    teat, Focker?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    On my uncle's dairy farm it was "hind tit." Down here on the Redneck Riviera they say "Useless as tits on a boar hog."
    Sucking hind tit = last in line
    Tits on a nun = useless

Putting it on record that Murphy did a poor job for the Packers in searching for a new GM and extending the current coach's contract.

New GM has a five year deal and he is going to waste a year on a coach who should arguably be tossed. I did not like M3 inserting himself into this process. Murphy should have told him to pound sand, but they are clearly worried about Rodgers signing another deal. This reeks of Shermanism.

Compromises like this is how franchises go wrong. And Murphy should have acted to prevent it. If the only NFL talent in front office you know is what says hi to you at the water cooler every day, you are not doing your job.

Gutekunst might have been the best candidate out of the internal guys, but that doesn't make him the best candidate they could have gotten.

If the three internal guys would have pouted and gone elsewhere, so be it. I am also a little worried that the three old candidates didn't so much as ask to be included. I wonder if they are worried about M3 or Murphy? Or has the shine worn off the franchise?

Boo.

Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt
    Was twelve years ago this week in Green Bay when we interviewed Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton and Ron Rivera for our HC position. Quite a group. #CARvsNO

Finally something almost new from Andrew.