Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Mark Murphy is as useless as a hind TIT

Was it Ball that helped Ted resuscitate the draft board assembly and draft day decision making that seemed to fail the team for a while? Maybe. It could also be the vagaries of the draft itself. Ron Wolf may have said you need three starters each year from the draft, but Ron didn't hit that target each year either. There is also the question of analytics; Ted hired people to get up to speed and no one has heard from them again. Maybe Ball is running that squad, or maybe they left after one year. No one knows.

But we do know one thing: the person probably most favored to replace Ted was Schneider. Here is his highlighted accomplishments in Seattle from a Wilde article:

Since Schneider and Carroll took over in Seattle, the Seahawks made six playoff appearances total (5 in a terminated streak), won Super Bowl XLVIII after the 2013 season and lost Super Bowl XLIX after beating the Packers in that 2014 NFC title game. 2 NFC Conference championship games.
    The guy getting replaced? Here is how his record looks:

Packers made 9 playoff appearances (8 in a row, now ended), won one Super Bowl, hit the NFC Championship game 4 times.
    The rest of the NFL can tell us the Packers will be lucky to match, much less exceed Ted with Brian, John or anyone else. Even Ron Wolf.

*red may not have been the first to notice Ted looking wan and wilted after his surgery, but he has mentioned it frequently since. Apologies to posters and reporters who made note of it first
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-08-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Here is the formal paperwork on the end of an era:

Gutekunst becomes 10th person to hold title of general manager for Packers

The Green Bay Packers have named Brian Gutekunst general manager and Russ Ball executive vice president/director of football operations. The promotions were announced Monday by President and Chief Executive Officer Mark Murphy.

“We could not be more excited to elevate Brian to the position of general manager,” said Murphy. “He has earned this opportunity throughout his 19 years with the Packers, proving to not only be a skilled talent evaluator, but a trusted and collaborative leader. His time under the direction of former Packers general managers Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson will undoubtedly serve him well as we work toward our next Super Bowl championship. I am confident that he is the man that will help get us there.”

“First, I’d like to thank my mentor, Ted Thompson, for his friendship, and I am happy that we will continue to have the chance to work together,” Gutekunst said. “I want to thank Ron Wolf for giving me my first opportunity with the Packers, and of course Mark Murphy for the faith and trust he has placed in me moving forward. And finally, I must thank my wife, Jen, and our children for their constant sacrifice and unwavering support despite all of the time I have spent on the road and away from home. I look forward to getting to work with the rest of our talented personnel department and using every avenue available to build the Packers into a championship team again.”

Gutekunst (GOO-tuh-kunst), the 10th person to hold the title of general manager for the Packers, will have complete control over all roster decisions, including the NFL draft and free agency, while leading Green Bay’s scouting department. Ball will continue to manage the Packers’ salary cap and serve as the chief contract negotiator while continuing to oversee several areas in football operations.

“Since joining the Packers in 2008, Russ has proven to be invaluable,” said Murphy. “His salary-cap management and negotiating abilities are well known, but he has also provided tremendous leadership throughout football operations and served as a valuable liaison between the football and business sides of the organization. His diverse skills will remain important to our success moving forward, and I look forward to working with him even more closely in his new role.”

Additionally, Murphy announced a change in the Packers’ organizational structure as Gutekunst, Ball and Head Coach Mike McCarthy will all report directly to Murphy.

“The process of identifying our next general manager gave us the opportunity to analyze our entire football operation,” said Murphy. “While we have enjoyed a lot of success, we need to improve. With that in mind, the head coach, general manager and executive vice president/director of football operations will report to me moving forward. While I understand this is a departure from the Packers’ current structure, it will serve to increase the breadth and frequency of communication and collaboration. Ultimately, it will make the Packers better.”

Gutekunst, who is entering his 20th season with the organization, has spent the past two seasons as the director of player personnel after serving as the director of college scouting for four years. He previously worked 11 seasons as a college scout in the Southeast region. Prior to that, Gutekunst served as a scout for the East Coast region from 1999-2000. Before joining the Packers full-time, he was a scouting assistant for the Kansas City Chiefs in 1998, a scouting intern for Green Bay in the summer of 1997 and assisted the New Orleans Saints’ coaching staff in training camp in 1995.

Gutekunst played football for two years at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and served as an assistant coach during his final two years at the school (1995-96) after a shoulder injury cut short his playing career. In 1995, he coached the linebackers as the Eagles finished 14-0 and won the Division III national championship.

Ball enters his 30th season in the NFL and 11th season in Green Bay. Since joining the Packers in 2008, he has worked in the role of the vice president of football administration/player finance. Prior to coming to Green Bay, Ball spent six seasons (2002-07) with the New Orleans Saints, serving as senior football administrator for four seasons and as vice president of football administration for the final two years. In 2001, he was the director of football administration for the Washington Redskins. From 1999-2000, Ball served as senior football administrator for the Minnesota Vikings. He began working in the NFL with the Kansas City Chiefs, where he spent 10 seasons (1989-98), the final two in football operations as administrative assistant to then-head coach Marty Schottenheimer. He began his career with the Chiefs as an assistant strength and conditioning coach.

A 1981 graduate of Central Missouri State, Ball was a four-year letterman at center for the Mules. He served as head strength and conditioning coach at the University of Missouri from 1982-89 and earned his master’s degree from Missouri in 1990.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz53cXrDKnM
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

All that speculation aside:

I know someone needed to be appointed Packer GM, ASAP. Why !?

For as it was going; to handcuff MM adding any more embarrassment to Packer Nation, and his 'Run Away Train Hatchet Run'.

Mike McCarthy, is 'out of control'

M3's a too obvious, back stabbing, two faced bullshit artist. You never turn you back on anyone like Mike McCarthy.
    Gotta love Woody throwing aside speculation to get to his unvarnished, indisputable opinion-as-fact. You go, girl!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Murphy ignited a lot of twitter talk about how everyone reports to him now. not so much about Gute but MM. someone asked what MM's talks would be about and he answered "game plans, asst coaches," etc. the thought of MM discussing game plans with him threw up red flags with all the covering media. Nagler thought it harkens back to Starrs regime and having to report such things to the board. i don't MM would ever agree to that. i blew off the remark to Murphy not being an accomplished speaker and just panicking lol.
    what does the rat nest think?
    Last edited by gbgary; 01-08-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Murphy ignited a lot of twitter talk about how everyone reports to him now. not so much about Gute but MM. someone asked what MM's talks would be about and he answered "game plans, asst coaches," etc. the thought of MM discussing game plans with him threw up red flags with all the covering media. Nagler thought it harkens back to Starrs regime and having to report such things to the board. i don't MM would ever agree to that. i blew off the remark to Murphy not being an accomplished speaker and just panicking lol.
    what does the rats next think?
    I think it shows he has no idea what the head coach might talk to his superior about.

And to me the means he has not thought about it, but agreed to it to assuage McCathy's concerns about not having input on personnel. Its a half assed plan he is not ready to implement. My baseline assumption is that the communication issues Murphy heard were:

1. Doesn't respond to coaches looking for veteran help
    2. Doesn't listen to pro personnel about FA suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Gotta love Woody throwing aside speculation to get to his unvarnished, indisputable opinion-as-fact. You go, girl!
    Woody is a girl???

Deleted for REASON.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-08-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Deleted for REASON.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-08-2018 at 11:28 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01...entous-moment/

MARK MURPHY MANGLES MOMENTOUS MOMENT

01/03/2018

interesting article/opinion. (above)

are red flags being readied to be pulled from their sheaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Woody is a girl???
    C'mon, Pug. Woody is the self-proclaimed manliest man in the entire north woods. He's a lumberjack of a man, a brawling, axe-slamming meat of a man.

If you don't believe me, just ask Mae.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote: Originally Posted by Pugger

Woody is a girl???

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    C'mon, Pug. Woody is the self-proclaimed manliest man in the entire north woods. He's a lumberjack of a man, a brawling, axe-slamming meat of a man.

If you don't believe me, just ask Mae.
    Fritz: I'm the self-proclaimed BEST Texas Holdem Player on Packerrats.

Contending for my Title hahaha ThunderDan.

Focusing on Pugger's question:

At my age I'm possibly more of a Girl than Pugger.

Touche.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-09-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    interesting article/opinion. (above)

are red flags being readied to be pulled from their sheaths?
    Only relatively few reactive red flags revealing redoubts over rapprochement reboot.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The only thing girly about Woodbark is his hair-on-fire hysteria and his love of curlers. He's really the crunchiest of crunching Canadiens.