Thread: Obligatory Packers v Steelers Gameday Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Steelers have played poorly earlier this year. They aren't a juggernaut unless Brown and Bell get the ball in their hands at the second level. They could be stopped.

McCarthy will have had to adapt his offense to Hundley, who is still too slow going to his second and third post snap reads. It could happen.

As Rand has said, McCarthy usually lays off the stubbornness when their backs are against the wall. Its a road game in his hometown. I think M3 might throw the entire playbook out the window and run something from his Pitt days.

Packers stun the Steelers

27-26
    They have to be able to run the ball. With Mays a total mess, I wonder how they back up Williams. Maybe a little inverted wishbone and some fullback action. I think the speed of the LBs might render Cobb ineffective - still you'd like to see Hundley find the hot read if the Steelers bring pressure. He has to be able to do this and not give a ball to Shazier.

Defensively, Burnett and HCD have to make a play or two. They're not gonna get to Ben, so the secondary has to be solid. And frickin' tackle!

Go Pack!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    They have to be able to run the ball. With Mays a total mess, I wonder how they back up Williams. Maybe a little inverted wishbone and some fullback action. I think the speed of the LBs might render Cobb ineffective - still you'd like to see Hundley find the hot read if the Steelers bring pressure. He has to be able to do this and not give a ball to Shazier.

Defensively, Burnett and HCD have to make a play or two. They're not gonna get to Ben, so the secondary has to be solid. And frickin' tackle!

Go Pack!
    I wil allow one direct snap to Cobb but after that doesn't work, I don't want to see it again.

I would run Williams right at Shazier or send Ripper and Kerridge at him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I wil allow one direct snap to Cobb but after that doesn't work, I don't want to see it again.
    I was kinda thinking Cobb underneath as the check down or hot read. Why he isn't more of an outlet, I don't fully know - but I suspect it's BH can't find him. But a least he should make himself a target in the middle, especially if they aren't running slants.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I was kinda thinking Cobb underneath as the check down or hot read. Why he isn't more of an outlet, I don't fully know - but I suspect it's BH can't find him. But a least he should make himself a target in the middle, especially if they aren't running slants.
    They leak out a TE first then RB to that spot.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Fuck you Hodge and your stupid fucking towel!

#35 Jermaine Whitehead should be dropped in any of the three rivers immediately.

Easier than taking candy from a baby.