Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

Thread: Obligatory Packers v Steelers Gameday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    yep. It's a head scratcher. I'm betting he'll say it was based on how far Crosby was kicking in the pre-game. The other kicker did hit a 53 yarder and Crosby has a better leg.

IT was a momentum changer, but the Packers responded and almost almost...
    Almost as bad as attempting the FG was the play calling before that when they were already in FG range. It didn't look like there was much for a checkdown on either passing play. That was the time to play conservatively.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Almost as bad as attempting the FG was the play calling before that when they were already in FG range. It didn't look like there was much for a checkdown on either passing play. That was the time to play conservatively.
    This times a million. I don't blame MM for the preparation and game plan. But that strategy and decision in that spot was inexcuseable. Also Williams running out of bounds on 2nd down after Pitt had let the clock drain following first down..
    I'm happy we were competetive, but those mind boggingly stupid mistakes cost us big time. And the game was there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That is how they have played all season long. They lead the league in long pass plays given up according to NBC.
    So you mean M3 came up with a plan that exploited their vulnerability?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    That is what I saw.

But apparently the game plan was full of holes and had no one short when pass pressure got to him. I suppose perhaps that could mean the ball was supposed to come out early, but what do I know.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It was nice to finally see something that got fat mike motivated and got the team fired up and ready to play

Too bad we can’t play every game in Pittsburg

Hundley wasn't bad, Adams was very good, Williams was terrific, aaaand the D sucked as usual! we must lead the league in 4th down conversions allowed. don't know why anyone punts to us in our end of the field. Hundley showed good improvement from last week although to late in the season now to do any good. maybe by season's end he'll get the pass-to-a-spot, step-up-in-the-pocket, don't-take-a-sack-if-you-don't-have-to, things figured out. if he does he'll stay QB2 next year. if not a veteran backup will probably be picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Stubby can come up with some great game plans. it's his inability/refusal to adjust on the fly that drives me nuts.