Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 12 @ Pittsburgh

More Banjo: Week 12 @ Pittsburgh

Remember, this Packers team is no more talented than the Browns. Don't let the 3 point point differential/road loss fool you into thinking different.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In the end poor decisions by stubby in key moments lost this game.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    In the end poor decisions by stubby in key moments lost this game.
    strange, I thought it was just better play by Pittsburgh's money men.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Remember, this Packers team is no more talented than the Browns. Don't let the 3 point point differential/road loss fool you into thinking different.
    well, we get to test this directly pretty soon. I'm still keeping the grocery bag handy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

One play here or there and we’re all on cloud 9. There’s no moral victories in football but this comes pretty damn close.

I'm a little bit surprised that I haven't seen any comments in here about the no-call of helmet to helmet by Watt on Hundley. It should have been called, and that penalty woulda made a lot of difference.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Steelers did everything they could to not win the game. They played well when it mattered and won. Wow is Antonio Brown good. He is like a super great Greg Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm a little bit surprised that I haven't seen any comments in here about the no-call of helmet to helmet by Watt on Hundley. It should have been called, and that penalty woulda made a lot of difference.
    it was huge. But it was Stubby's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    it was huge. But it was Stubby's fault.
    How so?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    How so?
    Sarcasm.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I understand that gets called often, but if my OLB hit the QBs helmet when he ducked down and we lost a game on a flag I would be livid.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Green Bay Packers @packers
    McCarthy: Our guys battled, they fought. Fully confident we were going to come in here & get the win. Came up short. #GBvsPIT

McCarthy: This team has great fight. They work hard. We need to win. We've got six losses now. It's about beating Tampa Bay.

McCarthy on @bretthundley7: Those are all the steps you look for in your young QB. Thought he did a good job in key spots. Good football. Thought he did a heck of a job tonight. #GBvsPIT
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I understand that gets called often, but if my OLB hit the QBs helmet when he ducked down and we lost a game on a flag I would be livid.
    so would I. You're not supposed to lead with the crown of your helmet.

I have nothing official but I think House came out of the game near the end and was replaced by Hawkins.

King and Randall returned. Burnett seemed to make it through. I did not see any other injuries.

McCray was a late scratch after looking like he might play. Spriggs got the call and was not great but also not quite a tire fire. He needs reps to get timing down. On one run play, he was looking for the snap as they do on the road in shotgun and he glanced to read the position of the defender. He turned his head back just in the to be a fraction late off the ball and got beat inside. His defender was blocked, but into the hole and his guy helped secure the tackle of Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Agreed. It's not like he was standing still in the pocket and Watt just laid into it. It appeared 100% accidental and 50/50 on the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Agreed. It's not like he was standing still in the pocket and Watt just laid into it. It appeared 100% accidental and 50/50 on the blame.
    Perhaps, but I've seen penalties called for blow to the head where a defenders hand barely grazed the QB's helmet.

You can’t even hit a QB in the head with your hand by rule until he is a runner. I don’t know if he was considered a runner at he point he was hit but in the end it didn’t matter. Brown is a man among boys vis a vie the packers secondary.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You can’t even hit a QB in the head with your hand by rule until he is a runner. I don’t know if he was considered a runner at he point he was hit but in the end it didn’t matter. Brown is a man among boys vis a vie the packers secondary.
    Brown is fantastic, but I saw the Packers secondary make some plays too.

Hundley looked ok. Maybe next year he could be a .500 QB, which would be enough to lose Rodgers for 6 or 8 games and still make the playoffs.

Adams is 300 yards away from 1,000. He’s about to earn himself a big pay day. If he can do this with Hundley, he’s gonna get paid.

They either didn't see it (hard to believe) or ruled him a runner.