Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 5 Weeks To Go

Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 5 Weeks To Go

Division Leaders

1. Philadelphia Eagles 10-1
    2. Minnesota Vikings 9-2
    3. Los Angeles Rams 8-3 Head to head tie-breaker over New Orleans
    4. New Orleans Saints 8-3 Head to head tie-breaker over Carolina
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Wild Cards

5. Carolina Panthers 8-3
    6. Atlanta Falcons 7-4 Head to head tie-breaker over Seattle

Outside Looking In

7. Seattle Seahawks 7-4
    8. Detroit Lions 6-5
    9. Green Bay Packers 5-6 Head to head Tie-breaker over Dallas
    10. Dallas Cowboys 5-6 Head to head tie-breaker over Washington and Arizona
    11. Wash. Redskins 5-6 Better conference winning pct. than Arizona
    12 Arizona Cardinals 5-6
    13. Tampa Bay Bucs 4-7
    14. Chicago Bears 3-8
    15. New York Giants 2-9
    16. San Fran. 49ers 1-10

Key Week 13 Games

Minnesota at Atlanta
    Detroit at Baltimore
    Carolina at NewOrleans
    Los Angeles at Arizona
    Philadelphia at Seattle

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Pretty much need to win out and have either NO or ATL tank hard. Seattle needs to lose 2. unlikely.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Pretty much need to win out and have either NO or ATL tank hard. Seattle needs to lose 2. unlikely.
    Seattle plays Philadelphia, @ JAX, Rams and @ Dallas (with Elliott). With a depleted secondary, they could lose 2. Panthers have games @Saints, vs. Vikings, vs. Packers and @ Falcons. It ain't over if Packers could run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Seattle plays Philadelphia, @ JAX, Rams and @ Dallas (with Elliott). With a depleted secondary, they could lose 2. Panthers have games @Saints, vs. Vikings, vs. Packers and @ Falcons. It ain't over if Packers could run the table.
    The packers do not have a chance in hell of running the table.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If we can win the next two and Rodgers comes back for Carolina, we have a shot.

They just played the second best team in the AFC to a virtual tie on the road without their best (maybe second best now after Burnett) defender and wth the backup Quarterback starting.

They can run the table.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    So you're saying there's a chance...
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance...
    ...a chance to untank, back into the playoffs, be one and done in the post season and draft #26. Business as usual.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

With the loss of 2 of the Legion of Boom in Seattle they could lose 2 more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    With the loss of 2 of the Legion of Boom in Seattle they could lose 2 more games.
    Of course. But you need three things:

Packers win out
    Seattle loses two
    either ATL or NO win only 2 more games
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    ...a chance to untank, back into the playoffs, be one and done in the post season and draft #26. Business as usual.
    Exactly, I mean it's not like we have been in the NFC Championship 2 out of the last 3 years.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Exactly, I mean it's not like we have been in the NFC Championship 2 out of the last 3 years.
    I swear, Wist, Maxie, and a whole host of other Packer fans seem to confuse us with the Bengals.

Can we just lose the next two and end this charade?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I'd rather we didn't. I don't really want to have to wear a grocery bag over my head here in Cleveland.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I swear, Wist, Maxie, and a whole host of other Packer fans seem to confuse us with the Bengals.
    Just looking up the Packers playoff record. We haven't been 1 and done since 2013 NFC Wild Card game and then the 2011 NFC Divisional game against the Giants the year after our Superb Owl win.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Oh, I'd say 1 loss in this stretch would be an adequate mercy killing.

As always, I'm squeemish about putting half-recovered players back on the field. I want Rodgers to R-E-L-A-X, wish Monty hadn't come back so soon, and I'll never forgive Vince for talking Jordy into playing with that stupid Kevelar™ vest last year.

Great breakdown of the simplest scenario and the remaining schedules. Bad news, you might want to root for the Vikings for two weeks. Complete remaining schedule for each of these teams is in the article.

https://scout.com/nfl/packers/Articl...offs-111500738

Here is the most reasonable path for Green Bay:

— First, Green Bay has to run the table and get to 10-6. That is the most farfetched item on the must-have list.

— Second, sorry, but you have to be Vikings fans the next two weeks. Minnesota wins at Atlanta and at Carolina would be helpful.

— Third, between Atlanta and Carolina, the Panthers have the toughest schedule, since they play at the Falcons, and a poor conference record, which could come into play for a multi-team tiebreaker. So, the Panthers are the target. Losses at New Orleans on Sunday, at home to Green Bay in Week 15 and at Atlanta in the finale would send the Panthers to 10-6. Green Bay would get the head-to-head tiebreaker.

— The Seahawks are 2-2 in their last four games and have been hit hard by injuries. Seattle is only 3-2 at home, and the Eagles and Rams are on a roll. Jacksonville is 7-4 with a tremendous defense. Dallas will have Ezekiel Elliott back from his suspension. So, it’s easy to see the Seahawks dropping at least a couple of those games. Green Bay, by virtue of its Week 1 victory, would win a head-to-head tiebreaker.

— Detroit leads the Packers by one game. If the Lions were to win their next four games but lose to Green Bay in the finale, both teams would finish 10-6. Head-to-head, division-record and common-games tiebreakers wouldn’t settle anything, but the Packers would have the better conference record. Still, a loss at Baltimore on Sunday wouldn’t hurt anything. The Lions, it’s worth noting, are only 2-4 at home.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Great breakdown of the simplest scenario and the remaining schedules. Bad news, you might want to root for the Vikings for two weeks. Complete remaining schedule for each of these teams is in the article.

https://scout.com/nfl/packers/Articl...offs-111500738

We ain't winning the division, that's obvious. It's not too hard to be a Viking fan if it puts us in the playoffs. I'm done with the pity party, lets go Pack. Get back to the playoffs and see what happens!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    We ain't winning the division, that's obvious. It's not too hard to be a Viking fan if it puts us in the playoffs. I'm done with the pity party, lets go Pack. Get back to the playoffs and see what happens!
    Perfect Packer attitude. I am in the boat with you.

-Tim Harmston

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings won out. They are damn good.