Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 5 Weeks To Go

Detroit is back to being Detroit. They go to Tampa next but Stafford's hand is hurting. The Panthers and Falcons both lost. The Falcons have to face NO and the Panthers the Vikes next. Unfortunately the seachickens won last night. They might not have this success Sunday at the Jags.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings won out. They are damn good.
    Maybe. I'm wondering when Keenam will come back to earth...

There's no way we're making the playoffs; but, if by some miracle we did?? we'd be bounced very quickly.

You guys need to face reality - the Green Bay Packers are not a good football team. Horrible defense - just horrific.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    There's no way we're making the playoffs; but, if by some miracle we did?? we'd be bounced very quickly.

You guys need to face reality - the Green Bay Packers are not a good football team. Horrible defense - just horrific.
    They had an arguably terrible game versus Detroit. But in support of Hundley, it's hard to say, considering they're on the field all the time. Yesterday they surrendered 14 net points.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Simple!

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

My biggest concern is if we get close or make the playoffs, we will see no changes in management or coaching. They will simply blame the season on AR's injury, and speak glowingly about the great young talent reloading for next year.

It’s December during a season in which we lost our star quarterback and we are still talking playoffs.

Yet some still whine, complain, bitch and moan.

Man up, you Nancies.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    It’s December during a season in which we lost our star quarterback and we are still talking playoffs.

Man up, you Nancies.
    Stop bitching about bitches be bitching, bitch.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Man up, you Nancies.
    Yup.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Man up, you Nancies.
    Funny how when Favre was traded many here said he's only one player it doesn't make the team. Yet now when homers want the one star player excuse, it's all good.

Funny how when Favre was traded many here said he's only one player it doesn't make the team. Yet now when homers want the one star player excuse, it's all good.
    You are conflating the situations. I’m making dinner and would put more time into the post otherwise.

QBs like Marino, Favre and Rodgers are necessary for a championship, but not sufficient. Also, see Young, Steve, at Tampa Bay, for another example.

Even the defense will be helped when Rodgers is back - less time on the field and opponents often playing catch up.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I don't remember advocating trading Favre and starting a McCown. Or a McNown. Or the other McCown.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I totally agree that Rodgers is what makes this team any good at all. Unfortunately that's pretty much it. If not for AR, TT and stubby are below mediocre.