Thread: Travis Williams #23 back in the news

Travis Williams #23 back in the news

WesHod
    Interesting factoid from this week's #Packers dope sheet

On Sunday, Jamaal Williams became only the second rookie in team history (RB Travis Williams, also against Pittsburgh on Dec. 17, 1967) to have 65-plus rushing yards and a TD and 65-plus receiving yards and a TD in a game
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

cool! loved the roadrunner.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Thanks for the info PB. I hope Jamaal doesn't end up like Travis did after football.
    Still remember that 2 TD kickoff return game vs Cleveland in '67.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    Thanks for the info PB. I hope Jamaal doesn't end up like Travis did after football.
    Still remember that 2 TD kickoff return game vs Cleveland in '67.
    That game was at Milwaukee County Stadium in November. Tex won't believe it, but I was there. hahahahahaha Travis had good size, power and was very, very fast. Plus, he was fearless. He'd catch the ball and instantly accelerate to full speed, usually straight up the middle of the field. Shake and bake wasn't his thing. One of the best I've seen.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers