Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Browns Week

It's historically difficult to go 0-16 in the NFL. The Brownies have a couple of games that are interesting against inferior (same as they are) teams. They also play on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Something's going to give, I just hope it's not this week.

Anyone going to this game?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'll be there whether I like it or not
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Anyone going to this game?
    This guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    1. I know a Cleveland fan and the guy in the video is spot on. Except the guy I know doesn't even expect or want a win, he just wants an entertaining game where Cleveland scores some points.

2. That video is 6 years old and as relevant as ever. It takes effort to be that consistently bad.

Tony Grossi, local Browns beat guy: “That’s a great coach over there in Green Bay. They lose Rodgers and they find a way to win, even with a struggling QB. They take the ball out of his hands, rely on the running game and defense.”

They find a way to win? They're 2- 5 since Rodgers got hurt.

Think about it. If they'd even managed to go 3-4, they'd be in the thick of the hunt for a wild card spot right now.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Think about it. If they'd even managed to go 3-4, they'd be in the thick of the hunt for a wild card spot right now.
    Well they did come close in Pittsburg.

Still the perspective from Cleveland is a lot different, especially with a team that is 4-45 in its last 49 games.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Rely on defense to win? Now there's a strategy for the rest of the year!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Man up, Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    It's historically difficult to go 0-16 in the NFL. The Brownies have a couple of games that are interesting against inferior (same as they are) teams. They also play on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Something's going to give, I just hope it's not this week.
    They still have to play the Bears.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'll be there whether I like it or not
    Did you get your grocery bag picked out?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Tony Grossi, local Browns beat guy: “That’s a great coach over there in Green Bay. They lose Rodgers and they find a way to win, even with a struggling QB. They take the ball out of his hands, rely on the running game and defense.”
    Living in a market with a losing team is always a good way to keep perspective on the Packers.

Also, the Packers 5 losses without Rodgers (MIN, NO, DET, BAL, PIT) have included 4 playoff teams, 3 division leaders, and one perpetually almost-made-it-but-ran-out-of-gas Lions team.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Man up, Nancy.
    Ah, that Ravens game pissed me off. The defense played well; well enough to win, certainly. Not that the Ravens' offense is anything to write home about. And by then, Hundley - after two years of watching and supposedly learning - ought to have been ready. He'd had the NO game and the Lions game. And he laid an egg.

I am disappointed; I thought he was going to be a better player than he is. By this past raining camp MM ought to have known what he had - or didn't have - in Hundley, and by that logic I would argue he ought to have snapped up Kaepernick back at the end of training camp. Kaepernick is not all-world, but he's better than Hundley.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Ah, that Ravens game pissed me off. The defense played well; well enough to win, certainly. Not that the Ravens' offense is anything to write home about. And by then, Hundley - after two years of watching and supposedly learning - ought to have been ready. He'd had the NO game and the Lions game. And he laid an egg.

I am disappointed; I thought he was going to be a better player than he is. By this past raining camp MM ought to have known what he had - or didn't have - in Hundley, and by that logic I would argue he ought to have snapped up Kaepernick back at the end of training camp. Kaepernick is not all-world, but he's better than Hundley.
    and they should have traded Hundley for the rumored second round pick when they had the chance, now we will get squat and he is worse that JAG

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Did you get your grocery bag picked out?
    It took some work to get a regulation sized, double-milled paper grocery bag, but I've got it. Two eye holes and mustache. Working on inscription.

"HOF Hundley"

"McCarthy=Stubby"

I dunno....
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

12+4+15 ≠ 7
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Or just go ham: We're Gonna Beat You With The Backup
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.