Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Official Browns Week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It worked. NFL said they complied.

Though the nature of the decision making and the interview process tell you all you need to know about how effective Haslam is at running a pro football team.

If you took Jerry and Danny's football IQ, added them together, divided by 4 you would still be above Haslam's understanding.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    It worked. NFL said they complied.

Though the nature of the decision making and the interview process tell you all you need to know about how effective Haslam is at running a pro football team.

If you took Jerry and Danny's football IQ, added them together, divided by 4 you would still be above Haslam's understanding.
    They didn't file the necessary paperwork, sound familiar?

Say what you will about the Rooney rule, but it's well defined (as is the trade deadline!) and no reason to screw it up. I'm guessing the NFL won't do anything though because it would be too much like kicking someone while they're down!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Remember, Packers don't practice on Friday, so these are estimates. House is doubtful with a shoulder and Perry questionable with a foot shoulder. Goodson gets head start on season by being Out before he plays a down.

Last edited by pbmax; 12-08-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. They are claiming they interviewed Doug Whaley, whom I'm pretty sure has as much chance of working as an NFL GM again as Matt Millen does of finding work with a team. This would mean Sashi Brown has been a lame duck GM for some time.

What a stupid way to go about this. No one is looking for a GM mid-season, Dorsey was going to keep. They could've conducted a search with much better optics, even if it was a foregone conclusion. They deserve to get dinged a 2nd rounder for 'conduct detrimental to the league'.
    The Giants just torpedoed their leadership. The Browns didn’t want to get caught with leavings again.

I was surprised - I didn’t know the RR applied to GMs. Thought it just went as high as head coaches. Do owners impose the RR when a team is sold as well for new Owners? Do they need Jordan and Junior Bridgeman to show interest before they can sell the team to a white guy?

Haslem has no clue what he’s doing but he’s been told Dorsey is the best there is. He must have been listening to KNR. “Whoa Dorsey brought in Rodgers? I gotta hire that guy!”

If you need me before Sunday's game, I will be over here: https://towardsdatascience.com/napol...t-86efed303eeb

They are currently allowing comments and I plan to launch a DWIGHT WAS AN ELITE GENERAL campaign as soon as I get approved for comments. Sample posts:

1. Numbers don't count intangibles!
    2. WWII was the best war!
    3. Dwight had to deal with De Gaulle and Monty!
    4. Rommel couldn't handle Patton!

95% of historians agree that Grenada was the best war.

There is going to be a limit to what you can insist on franchises doing to comply.

Any sensible organization will interview multiple candidates to increase the chance of getting the right guy. Unsuccessful ones will not keep an open mind and that can carry penalties of its own.

Speaking of unsuccessful orgs, here is a kind of oral history of all the Cleveland 2.0 quarterbacks starting with Tim Couch. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...a-tale-to-tell