Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Casey Hayward wins November defensive player of the month

Casey Hayward wins November defensive player of the month

--
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Thanks for the holiday feel good story. Any awards for Jared Cook? I hear Taysom Hill is lighting it up in practice.

Bring back Guiness' girlfriend!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

*sigh*

pfffff Figures.

The Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and Coaches GREEN BAY PACKERS Draft and Development Program 'in action'.

GO PACK GO !

SURE.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Hayward signed a $15.3m contract with the Chargers. He makes around $5m a year. What is the league average for corners?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Hayward signed a $15.3m contract with the Chargers. He makes around $5m a year. What is the league average for corners?
    He's the 30th ranked CB by salary, which means he should be someone's #1 guy. The Pack obviously didn't see him as that, and you can't really blame them.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Hayward had a great 1st year for the Pack. He got injured his 2nd season and never seemed to regain his form. I don't remember members here demanding he get resigned.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Hayward had a great 1st year for the Pack. He got injured his 2nd season and never seemed to regain his form. I don't remember members here demanding he get resigned.
    I don't think anybody was upset; we had faith in our personnel dept
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

was it injuries or the system that slowed up casey

gotta remember, hyde was also just decent here, and is now a star in buffalo

were we not using them right?

and to add to it, we let cook go, he's having a monster year. we thought peppers was done, he's having a big year in carolina (and we really could use a pass rush)

we've let a lot of guys walk that have gone on to be good players

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

and to add to it, we let cook go, he's having a monster year. we thought peppers was done, he's having a big year in carolina (and we really could use a pass rush)

This is yet more evidence that Capers needs to "retire".

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    This is yet more evidence that Capers needs to "retire".
    so, you think its coaching more then self scouting or whatever, or both?

its been the debate for a while, is it capers or TT, and i think because of that question, both have managed to keep their jobs. we can't fire Capers, because it might be TT's fault, we can't fire TT because it could be capers.

so instead, we just keep sucking on defense

Not sure if anyone noticed, but Buffalo's defense has kinda trailed off as they have been dismantling the team, esp. the pass rush on the defensive side.

I expect this has affected Hyde's play. Same with Hayward, San Diego's best D feature is pass rush.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't think GB let Peppers go. The rumor was that GB was interested in having him back, but he wanted to go home. He was born and raised in North Carolina, went to college in North Carolins and spent the first 8 years of his pro career there. He made no visits in FA, and signed the first day he could with the Panthers'

Peppers stated that while he was away from his home state of North Carolina and his home state team, and team that drafted him, the Carolina Panthers, he realized how much he missed the place saying "home is where the heart is." He also said he always wanted to return to the Panthers and repair the relationships with the team and fans and give them another chance to see him wear the Panthers uniform once again. Peppers was given the jersey #90, which was the same number he wore for the first eight years of his career while playing for the Carolina Panthers

The tragedy of Hayward is that one reason they weren't going to pay FA dollar for him was that he did not suit the Packers preferred approach with outside CBs; play press or bump man.

But he was a great interior zone defender. And now the Packers have 3 guys who can play zone: Randall, King and Jones. I think Hayward would look good playing this defense, this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    He's the 30th ranked CB by salary, which means he should be someone's #1 guy. The Pack obviously didn't see him as that, and you can't really blame them.
    The problem wasn't Hayward, the problem was and is Dom Capers and the defensive coaching staff.

Our team is stuck as long as Dom, his system, and the coaching staff remain.
    wist

Eventually when this many players are drafted and the passing D stays the same, it’s the scheme not the players. NFL game has passed old Don. Occasionally he dials up a beaut but it’s like twice a season now.

When the other team is calling out what D the Packers are in, its time for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Eventually when this many players are drafted and the passing D stays the same, it’s the scheme not the players. NFL game has passed old Don. Occasionally he dials up a beaut but it’s like twice a season now.

When the other team is calling out what D the Packers are in, its time for a change.
    I am about at this point of view. Whether Dom and scheme or assistants teaching the scheme, its been too consistently horrible. The best that can be hoped for is to have it fixed by the playoffs which has happened 2-3 times in the last six seasons. Even then we are talking average.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

I did NOT think Peppers was done

How has Hyde been lately ? Has his play faded along with the rest of the Bills defense as of late. I'm still not sure hes a 6MIL/Year Man

It appears we chose Bennett over Cook when he would not lower his price. I agreed with the choice at the time and as it turns out I was wrong, and one might say our personnel department was too

Casey was really good when completely healthy year one. I don't buy the Chargers have a defensive whiz running their show. But they appear to have a much better pass rush there

A pass rush will help a secondary much better.

Which players have we added that have really addressed that ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not sure if anyone noticed, but Buffalo's defense has kinda trailed off as they have been dismantling the team, esp. the pass rush on the defensive side.

I expect this has affected Hyde's play. Same with Hayward, San Diego's best D feature is pass rush.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Who on this defense did we expect to pick up the slack in the pass rush ?? The great Fackrell ?