Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Casey Hayward wins November defensive player of the month

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The problem wasn't Hayward, the problem was and is Dom Capers and the defensive coaching staff.

Our team is stuck as long as Dom, his system, and the coaching staff remain.

It's Dom' fault Fackrell and Jon Ryan aren't getting a combined 25 sacks a season
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am about at this point of view. Whether Dom and scheme or assistants teaching the scheme, its been too consistently horrible. The best that can be hoped for is to have it fixed by the playoffs which has happened 2-3 times in the last six seasons. Even then we are talking average.

J'm fine with the Dom attacks and agree it's time to let Dom go and make a change

But TT has did a horseshit job if getting us pass rushers........hence he's contributed to throwing Dom in the middle of the ocean w/o a life jacket
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It's Dom' fault Fackrell and Jon Ryan aren't getting a combined 25 sacks a season
    I assume Dom had a great deal of input into picking those guys...

Surely he is a big part of the evaluation process, beyond the fact that he tells Ted the types of players he's looking for.

For the record, I didn't want either of those guys. I think only a very flawed process can lead a team to consistently pass on obviously better players in favor of pedestrian "good football players" as Ted calls them.

Yes, Ted is largely to blame too, but I think a new and better DC would help steer Ted on the right direction on player evaluations.

That said, I think all this chatter is moot, as dunderdummy isn't going anywhere.
    wist

^ The fact that you think coaches have a lot of say in this personnel matter makes me question whether you pay attention to anything written, said or displayed by the Packers for the last 25 years.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I assume Dom had a great deal of input into picking those guys...

Surely he is a big part of the evaluation process, beyond the fact that he tells Ted the types of players he's looking for.

For the record, I didn't want either of those guys. I think only a very flawed process can lead a team to consistently pass on obviously better players in favor of pedestrian "good football players" as Ted calls them.

Yes, Ted is largely to blame too, but I think a new and better DC would help steer Ted on the right direction on player evaluations.

That said, I think all this chatter is moot, as dunderdummy isn't going anywhere.

You think Dom has input on who Ted drafts ??

Incredibly dumb.

The coaches do compile reports on draft prospects. Whether they have much impact on the drafting process is doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The coaches do compile reports on draft prospects. Whether they have much impact on the drafting process is doubtful.
    They also do film work. But its a tiny percentage of the total evaluation. They get meetings with Ted after it too.

But then the personnel department takes over and compiles the board and Ted drafts it.

At the back end of the draft, I can see this as having an effect (say four equally rated prospects but one stood out to Trgovac). But mostly they are looking for red flags or things scouts don't pick up on about the scheme that explains why things happen.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Of course the coaches have input... but I agree with the all of you that it is on Ted ultimately.

Unfortunately, Ted respects Capers opinion and values him as a coach... misjudgments that have doomed the team during this run with Rodgers.

I saw that Matt Judon was named DP of the Week... he was drafted in 5th round - how does Ted draft Blake Martinez, Dean Lowry, and Kyler Fackrell ahead of Judon?? Something is seriously fucked in their evaluation process.

I wanted Judon earlier than the 5th. Brandi Williams (3rd); Telvin Smith, Jones (ATL), etc... the list is long. Ted spits on them all for the slugs he has.

It's very frustrating watch.
    wist

Of course the coaches have input... but I agree with the all of you that it is on Ted ultimately.

Unfortunately, Ted respects Capers opinion and values him as a coach... misjudgments that have doomed the team during this run with Rodgers.

I saw that Matt Judon was named DP of the Week... he was drafted in 5th round - how does Ted draft Blake Martinez, Dean Lowry, and Kyler Fackrell ahead of Judon?? Something is seriously fucked in their evaluation process.

I wanted Judon earlier than the 5th. Brandi Williams (3rd); Telvin Smith, Jones (ATL), etc... the list is long. Ted spits on them all for the slugs he has.

Like Lowry better now?

Your correct again.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

especially like 2010, right?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Like Lowry better now?
    Better than Judon?? No, not even close...
    wist