Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    my biggest fear in life

my two favorite college teams collide

i've never had to pick one over the other before
    They have played twice before.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They have played twice before.
    I was at the 51-3 slaughter when Miami was #1 in 89.

The chant that day was "We scored first."
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

this win is kinda bittersweet

i think most of us now agrre that some kind of changes need to be made, whether its front office people, scouting folks, coaches, scheme, or whatever

but i think todays really shitty win against a really shitty team might stop any of that from happening

Run game in OT? Power Gap with Taylor and Evans, helping to slow down Gerald McCoy.

The beauty of the “power” plays the Packers ran late in the fourth quarter and overtime was that it neutralized defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and the linebackers from shooting gaps and blowing up the zone runs.

McCoy had ruined a fourth-quarter drive by shooting past Evans and tackling Williams for a 3-yard loss. Evans had to worry about McCoy putting a swim move on him and beating him to the right if he over-pursued McCoy to the left.

“So, when you have him on the two-way go, I can overthink and say I don’t want to go too far and he swims me and back doors me,” Evans said. “And I don’t want to be too late or you see exactly what happened.

“When you have that gap (power) scheme you’re protected on one side.”
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...nce/917456001/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From PFF Twitter:

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report @PackerReport
    House said he has to lobby to stay in the game. Playoff football mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    this win is kinda bittersweet

i think most of us now agrre that some kind of changes need to be made, whether its front office people, scouting folks, coaches, scheme, or whatever

but i think todays really shitty win against a really shitty team might stop any of that from happening
    I kinda, sort of almost partially buy into it...but we won against a team we were supposed to lose to. And we did it without backing down. It somehow occurs to me that the team is beginning to realize they are pretty freakin" good no matter who is on the field.

We may be a day late and a dollar short but it's getting cold and that's when things begin to happening.

Is it on the razors edge? Fuckin' eh...

And to all you folk's who have been espousing "tank it", sorry for you. Go watch something else.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    The #Packers’ third-and-1 pass to Nelson late in the fourth quarter before the tying field goal was a run/pass option, McCarthy said. Hundley saw an empty pressure coming and chose the pass option.

So question is, was he right?

Hundley has started 6 games. 4 at home. 2 on the road.

His stats at home: 72-121, 655, 0 TD, 4 INT, Passer Rating 60.6

His stats on the road: 35-51, 457, 4 TD, 0 INT, Passer Rating 122.7.

Good news for next week? Is he feeling the pressure more at home?

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hundley has started 6 games. 4 at home. 2 on the road.

His stats at home: 72-121, 655, 0 TD, 4 INT, Passer Rating 60.6

His stats on the road: 35-51, 457, 4 TD, 0 INT, Passer Rating 122.7.

Good news for next week? Is he feeling the pressure more at home?

No he sucks and had 1 fluky game against the Steelers in which they decided not to cover receivers 30 yard downfield and Hundley simply hit the guy who was so wide open the underthrown passes still lead to TD's. Oh yeah and a 50 yard screen for a TD.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Hundley couldn’t have done that today. Missed wide open Allison for a touchdown and Adams which would have been a 1st down.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    The #Packers’ third-and-1 pass to Nelson late in the fourth quarter before the tying field goal was a run/pass option, McCarthy said. Hundley saw an empty pressure coming and chose the pass option.

So question is, was he right?
    How close was that and why didn't we try to challenge it?

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    No he sucks and had 1 fluky game against the Steelers in which they decided not to cover receivers 30 yard downfield and Hundley simply hit the guy who was so wide open the underthrown passes still lead to TD's. Oh yeah and a 50 yard screen for a TD.
    This was the fluky game, not playing well against the Steelers. The kid has been a slightly above average NFL starting QB IMO. He's no Aaron Rodgers, but then nobody is.

It seems to me that most of the boos from fans were for McCarthy's play calling, not Hundley.

For the anti-Capers crowd: It's the personnel, not the scheming that's the problem. The Packers D just can't stop everything; There has to be a large element of guessing and trickery. I think the first Tampa TD drive was an example of trying to play it straight up with little or no scheming - and that sure didn't go well.

I'm as big a critic as anybody of our O Line, but they were generally less crappy than usual. You don't have a running game like that without at least a little bit of decent blocking, even though Williams got a lot on his own, and Jones got zilch from line blocking on that last TD run.

I suspect part of the reason for Matthews doing so well and Perry doing little or nothing is that Perry is now getting the attention Matthews used to get blocking-wise.

We finally found an adequate ILB in Martinez; Ryan isn't, and Thomas played like crap in that game. Our OLBs, on the other hand, all of them, are shaping up to be pretty decent. What I'd like to see is pair Matthews with Martinez at ILB, and go with Perry, Fackrell, Brooks, and Biegel at OLB.

All our DBs other than Randall didn't even rise to the level of mediocrity yesterday.

Our pass receivers have been exposed as only seeming so good because of Aaron Rodgers. Nelson and Cobb simply can't get open on their own, and Adams, while the best of the bunch now, still is below average for the league, and the TEs are horrible.

Just the same, the future is fairly bright. Assuming we can get by the Browns, and Rodgers will be his old self, going 10-6 is very realistic. Seeing him there with Williams and Jones as RB options is nice to think about. I analyzed the schedule, and there's a good chance 10-6 will get us in, what with so many other wild card contenders playing each other or playing top teams.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's hard to evaluate a lot from this game outside Hundley. Are the WRs and TEs any good? Who knows, the QB can't throw the ball anywhere near them. In the second half, the offense had three 3 and outs and didn't get a first down until 5 minutes left in the game. So the defense sucks because it gives up 10 points against that? The defense surrendered 20 points, but scored 6, for a 14 point net. But the DBs sucked? What, are they supposed to pitch a shut out? Even Minnesota's defense, ranked second in points allowed gives up 17 points per game.

With a decent QB performance, this game would have never been in doubt. With Rodgers, it would have been a laugher and people would have been napping through a 45-10 fourth quarter.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    This was the fluky game, not playing well against the Steelers. The kid has been a slightly above average NFL starting QB IMO. He's no Aaron Rodgers, but then nobody is.

It seems to me that most of the boos from fans were for McCarthy's play calling, not Hundley.

For the anti-Capers crowd: It's the personnel, not the scheming that's the problem. The Packers D just can't stop everything; There has to be a large element of guessing and trickery. I think the first Tampa TD drive was an example of trying to play it straight up with little or no scheming - and that sure didn't go well.

I'm as big a critic as anybody of our O Line, but they were generally less crappy than usual. You don't have a running game like that without at least a little bit of decent blocking, even though Williams got a lot on his own, and Jones got zilch from line blocking on that last TD run.

I suspect part of the reason for Matthews doing so well and Perry doing little or nothing is that Perry is now getting the attention Matthews used to get blocking-wise.

We finally found an adequate ILB in Martinez; Ryan isn't, and Thomas played like crap in that game. Our OLBs, on the other hand, all of them, are shaping up to be pretty decent. What I'd like to see is pair Matthews with Martinez at ILB, and go with Perry, Fackrell, Brooks, and Biegel at OLB.

All our DBs other than Randall didn't even rise to the level of mediocrity yesterday.

Our pass receivers have been exposed as only seeming so good because of Aaron Rodgers. Nelson and Cobb simply can't get open on their own, and Adams, while the best of the bunch now, still is below average for the league, and the TEs are horrible.

Just the same, the future is fairly bright. Assuming we can get by the Browns, and Rodgers will be his old self, going 10-6 is very realistic. Seeing him there with Williams and Jones as RB options is nice to think about. I analyzed the schedule, and there's a good chance 10-6 will get us in, what with so many other wild card contenders playing each other or playing top teams.
    It is difficult to access our WRs because the QB we are stuck with right now often can't hit the broad side of a barn. I don't care if aren't in the playoff hunt once Rodgers is good to go. I have seen enough of Hundley, that's for sure.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Thanks for the Monday morning laugh!

Hundley is a slightly above average NFL starting QB.

Look, I was hoping he would develop and figured it would take 4-6 weeks to get him up to speed. I thought the Pittsburg game was the turning point. But now sandwiched between Bal and TB, the Pitt game is the outlier.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I agree but MM had a firm grasp on what his QB was able to do on Sunday. He wouldn't throw a 10 yard crossing route because it was going to be incomplete. We ran read option and no passes more than 5 yards down field in FG drive and TD in OT. No one trusts Hundley right now. MM wont open up the playbook because Hundley can't execute it right now.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I agree but MM had a firm grasp on what his QB was able to do on Sunday. He wouldn't throw a 10 yard crossing route because it was going to be incomplete. We ran read option and no passes more than 5 yards down field in FG drive and TD in OT. No one trusts Hundley right now. MM wont open up the playbook because Hundley can't execute it right now.
    this is on the money. The fans were booing the suckitude. The inability to connect with open receivers isn't hidden. Hundley isn't an average starting QB - he's a marginal backup, only occasionally NOMINAL!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The giant disappointment that is Hundely does not reflect well on McCarthy, and his QB guru reputation is going to take a hit as a result. One cannot always make chicken salad out of chicken shit, but you would at least expect McCarthy to have known what he had in the new guy before he gets thrown in the fire.