Thread: Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 4 Weeks To Go

Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 4 Weeks To Go

Division Leaders

1. Minnesota Vikings 10-2 Better record vs. common opponents than Philadelphia
    2. Philadelphia Eagles 10-2
    3. Los Angeles Rams 9-3 Head to head tie-breaker over New Orleans
    4. New Orleans Saints 9-3
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Wild Cards

5. Seattle Seahawks 8-4 Better conference winning pct. than Carolina
    6. Carolina Panthers 8-4

Outside Looking In

7. Atlanta Falcons 7-5
    8. Detroit Lions 6-6 Head to head tie-breaker over Green Bay/Better record vs. common opponents than Dallas
    9. Green Bay Packers 6-6 Head to head Tie-breaker over Dallas
    10. Dallas Cowboys 6-6
    11. Wash. Redskins 5-7 Better conference winning pct. than Arizona
    12 Arizona Cardinals 5-7
    13. Tampa Bay Bucs 4-8
    14. Chicago Bears 3-9
    15. San Fran. 49ers 2-10 Head to head tie-breaker over NewYork
    16. New York Giants 2-10

Key Week 14 Games

New Orleans at Atlanta
    Minnesota at Carolina
    Philadelphia at Los Angeles Rams
    Seattle at Jacksonville

So basically the Packers have to win out and 2 of Seattle, Carolina and Atlanta have to lose at least 2 games. Not impossible, but not super likely. Any scenarios with Green Bay losing a game are not worth thinking about.

Minnesota is in good position to loose a championship game, to keep their streak of doing it at least once a decade alive.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

dp

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Minnesota will beat Carolina this week so we just need to win out!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Minnesota will beat Carolina this week so we just need to win out!
    That only takes care of Detroit and Carolina. The Falcons and Seahawks could still shut the Packers out. One of them needs to loose two games. I'm not sure what happens if Atlanta, GB and several others are at 10-6. Weird rules could come into play.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Only need Carolina and the Falcons to lose. Falcons will lose tonight and then we have a great avenue to the playoffs and kicking 7 different kinds of shit out of the Vikings.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Oh and Carolina and the Saints are the next two losses for the Falcons

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Obviously we need help to get in, but the 2 teams ahead of us in wildcard slots have difficult games coming up. So, while the picture looks bad right now, if we win out it's very possible we are in.

Seattle 8-4
    @ Jaguars L
    vs Rams L
    @ Cowboys W
    vs Cardinals W
    Final Record 10-6

Falcons 7-5
    vs Saints L
    @ Bucs W
    @ Saints L
    vs Panthers L
    Final Record 8-8. Give em one of the Saints game, they still are only 9-7.

Panthers 8-4
    vs Vikings L
    vs Packers L
    vs Bucs W
    @ Falcons W

Final Record 10-6

Actually, if this played out = Packers 10-6, Seattle 10-6, Panthers 10-6.

When 3 teams tie, I believe head to head is removed as a tiebreaker. This would especially hurt us as we would have beaten both of the teams we are tied with. This scenario would be similar to 2003 I believe when the Packers would have missed the playoffs being tied at 10-6 with the Vikings, Cowboys, and Seahawks despite beating the Seahawks head to head and splitting the season series with the Vikings. Fortunately, the Arizona Cardinals beat Minnesota on a last second TD to drop them to 9-7 and the Packers took the division and made the playoffs. That year, the only way the Packers would have made the playoffs is if they won their division due to a Viking loss.
    Last edited by channtheman; 12-07-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Obviously we need help to get in, but the 2 teams ahead of us in wildcard slots have difficult games coming up. So, while the picture looks bad right now, if we win out it's very possible we are in.

Seattle 8-4
    @ Jaguars L
    vs Rams L
    @ Cowboys W
    vs Cardinals W
    Final Record 10-6

Falcons 7-5
    vs Saints L
    @ Bucs W
    @ Saints L
    vs Panthers L
    Final Record 8-8. Give em one of the Saints game, they still are only 9-7.

Panthers 8-4
    vs Vikings L
    vs Packers L
    vs Bucs W
    @ Falcons W

Final Record 10-6

Actually, if this played out = Packers 10-6, Seattle 10-6, Panthers 10-6.

When 3 teams tie, I believe head to head is removed as a tiebreaker. This would especially hurt us as we would have beaten both of the teams we are tied with. This scenario would be similar to 2003 I believe when the Packers would have missed the playoffs being tied at 10-6 with the Vikings, Cowboys, and Seahawks despite beating the Seahawks head to head and splitting the season series with the Vikings. Fortunately, the Arizona Cardinals beat Minnesota on a last second TD to drop them to 9-7 and the Packers took the division and made the playoffs. That year, the only way the Packers would have made the playoffs is if they won their division due to a Viking loss.
    I think if 1 team has beaten the other two, head-to-head still counts.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    In the Week 14 key games, only Jax holds serve at home.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    That only takes care of Detroit and Carolina. The Falcons and Seahawks could still shut the Packers out. One of them needs to loose two games. I'm not sure what happens if Atlanta, GB and several others are at 10-6. Weird rules could come into play.
    #GeauxSaints

Saints @ Falcons in an hour.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Packers not getting any help so far this week. Can still be a decent day if Jax beats Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers not getting any help so far this week. Can still be a decent day if Jax beats Seattle.
    They are killing me in Pick Em by the Jags came through.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.