Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should Rodgers play even if we are eliminated from the post season?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    There's about $18 million reasons to bring him back.
    Bring back T.O.!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Even if Rodgers is ready, I say start Geno Smith. We want to win games here.
    Dumbass, we’re starting Manning

It's all very interesting.

I simply want arguably the finest NFL Player 100% ready to play and be protected.

If the Packers are eliminated from the Playoff I see no advantage in him playing unless he insists he wants to play.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Dumbass, we’re starting Manning
    Peyton, Archie or Chelsea?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Peyton, Archie or Chelsea?
    What ever happened to that 3rd Manning brother we kept hearing about? Supposedly better than his older brothers. Maybe it’s him?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    If we are eliminated, NFW would I send Rodgers back out there.

I could see Rodgers coming back and if we win the last three savings some jobs and we can all be upset when Dom returns
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

So when MM would be asked "Why aren't you playing Aaron Rodgers?", what should his answer be?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    So when MM would be asked "Why aren't you playing Aaron Rodgers?", what should his answer be?
    If Mike decides to shelve him for the season even after the team doctors have cleared him to play he'd have to fib and say the bone isn't healed. The fans and the media might not know the truth but you can bet everyone at 1265 will know. This just sets a poor precedence and can poison a locker room.

0% chance that Aaron returns if we are out of playoff hunt.

M3 should tell everyone straight up. Football is violent sport. We lost this season and are preparing for next year. It's not worth risking an injury to the nfls best player. And then the gbp should do like the brewers did and give fans cheaper food, parking or proshop as a 'thank you'

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    0% chance that Aaron returns if we are out of playoff hunt.

M3 should tell everyone straight up. Football is violent sport. We lost this season and are preparing for next year. It's not worth risking an injury to the nfls best player. And then the gbp should do like the brewers did and give fans cheaper food, parking or proshop as a 'thank you'

I approve. Your last idea would be an acknowledgement that a lot of people paid good money to watch Rodgers play and are not getting it because of a coach's decision. Maybe as a good will gesture, the medical device company Synthes could give out free mock plastic compression locking plates (for bone fixation) to fans as they come into the stadium.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    What ever happened to that 3rd Manning brother we kept hearing about? Supposedly better than his older brothers. Maybe it’s him?
    Cooper.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cooper.
    He had Sterling Sharpe Disease.

He had Sterling Sharpe Disease.
    His brother was better?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    His brother was better?
    Late onset.

OK so here it is:

The Season is all on the line this week and the Packers MUST defeat Cleveland.

Then we'll see Aaron Rodgers back and he's ready health wise Vs the Carolina Panthers in Week 15.

Right now an Analyst I respect (hahaha) has the Packers at an Approx. 9% chance of making the Playoffs.

With the return of Aaron Rodgers that chance increases to about 39% and they should get the NO. 6 Seed.

The Bottom Line is an issue and now ... 'This Week 14'.

The Green Bay Packers need a Win VS the Browns or it's all over for this Season. I believe that the Green Bay Packers will defeat the Cleveland Browns but in order for that to happen QB Brett Hundley must play very well. He has to get yards through the air (HC Mike McCarthy) like he did Vs the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Cleveland Browns have a solid Run 'D'; ranking what?...6th in the NFL.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

A few things to add. It's not a given that Rodgers won't come out and play a stinky game when he first comes back. Will stubby try to adjust things so AR isn't put into situations where he may get hit. By doing this Rodgers can't play as he normally would and is not effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    A few things to add. It's not a given that Rodgers won't come out and play a stinky game when he first comes back. Will stubby try to adjust things so AR isn't put into situations where he may get hit. By doing this Rodgers can't play as he normally would and is not effective.
    But even if he plays a stinky game it will be light-years better than what we've endured these past 7 weeks with Hundley in there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Do what TT does when interviewed; say much about nothing

For example,

Our doctors have examined Aaron Rodgers and we're happy how he progressed, but we feel it's in the best interests of Aaron and the Packers Organization to keep him on IR to ensure he's 100% next year
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Some people pay serious money to watch Rodgers. For example I paid $5 for a premium ticket to see him play today and I get Hundley and The Kaiser.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Some people pay serious money to watch Rodgers. For example I paid $5 for a premium ticket to see him play today and I get Hundley and The Kaiser.
    We pay over $100 face value for season Packer tickets. Should we get money refunded to us when ARod gets hurt?

Not directed at you specifically. Just adding to the silliness of the thread.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston