Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: September 11, 2001.....We Remember

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Good stuff Fosco 33.
    I can't take credit for it - although I wished I could. This was my Dad who forwarded it onto my email; I think some of these things need to be said.

I remember being a senior at UW on 9/11/01 and waking up to the first tower being struck and being dumbstruck. I then went to class (with a bunch of kids from NY in bschool) and we just talked about it the whole time - got back as the second tower collapsed and saw the Pentagon and the plane down in PN - very vivid memories.

I got up early Cali time today and rewatched CNN's 'Pipeline' coverage (realtime 9/11/01 coverage) and I'm amazed how correct many reporters were (citing Osama and Taliban within one hour; having a news reporter in Kabul; discussing overtaking flight 93).

24 hour news may be annoying and sometimes slanted but it sure as hell knew what was going on that day really quickly.

My thoughts still go out to the families/friends directly affected by those attacks 5 years ago - if it hits any closer for me I'm making a switch to intel for the gov't.

Let's never forget that day and God Bless the USA.

There are no words to describe the feelings I have every second of every day living so close to NYC, and feeling, seeing, and living the grief and anger over the loss of innocent lives suffered on 9/11..

I lost two friends in the cowardly attacks, I see their father's every day at work, and was at "ground zero" on Monday. The emotion was simply un-describable... beginning at Grand Central (train station)with the tribute to 9/11, along the streets of NYC, to the hallowed grounds of the towers. You can watch all the t.v. reports you want, but until you feel the actual loss in real people, I think you can't really feel the full emotion.

I've voiced my feelings in other threads, and don't want to turn this into a political thread, but to this day, I cannot understand or fathom the lack of a truly meaningful and STRONG response (read Afghanistan / Iraq / Taliban protecting MFer's) to this attack on our democracy and Freedom. Far as I'm concerned, the whole Middle East should be a giant sand box with some U.S.A. owned oil wells sticking up out of the wasteland.

Take that BITCH!!
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfan
    There are no words to describe the feelings I have every second of every day living so close to NYC, and feeling, seeing, and living the grief and anger over the loss of innocent lives suffered on 9/11..

I lost two friends in the cowardly attacks, I see their father's every day at work, and was at "ground zero" on Monday. The emotion was simply un-describable... beginning at Grand Central (train station)with the tribute to 9/11, along the streets of NYC, to the hallowed grounds of the towers. You can watch all the t.v. reports you want, but until you feel the actual loss in real people, I think you can't really feel the full emotion.

I've voiced my feelings in other threads, and don't want to turn this into a political thread, but to this day, I cannot understand or fathom the lack of a truly meaningful and STRONG response (read Afghanistan / Iraq / Taliban protecting MFer's) to this attack on our democracy and Freedom. Far as I'm concerned, the whole Middle East should be a giant sand box with some U.S.A. owned oil wells sticking up out of the wasteland.

Take that BITCH!!
    HurleyFan,

Reliving those events that happened 5 short years ago must be agonizing. Plus seeing your friends' fathers each day is a constant reminder. Multiply that by God knows how much for those fathers.

When I was able to go to Shanksville 3 years ago it made an indelible impression on me, and I was only there 1 time on a trip. I can't imagine the feeling with being so close to that hallowed ground.

Some people will never truly understand or comprehend the savagery and butchery that took place on Sept. 11. We have never had anybody willing to kill themselves to help achieve the goal of wiping out every American man, woman and child. I do agree with most of your sentiments on the issue. Without getting to drawn out, I will leave it at that.

These feeble words will fall far short in making the hurt subside from anyone directly affected by the attacks.

But I truly do wish the best for you in coping with your loss.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfan

Take that BITCH!!
    HurleyFan,

Reliving those events that happened 5 short years ago must be agonizing. Plus seeing your friends' fathers each day is a constant reminder. Multiply that by God knows how much for those fathers.

When I was able to go to Shanksville 3 years ago it made an indelible impression on me, and I was only there 1 time on a trip. I can't imagine the feeling with being so close to that hallowed ground.

Some people will never truly understand or comprehend the savagery and butchery that took place on Sept. 11. We have never had anybody willing to kill themselves to help achieve the goal of wiping out every American man, woman and child. I do agree with most of your sentiments on the issue. Without getting to drawn out, I will leave it at that.

These feeble words will fall far short in making the hurt subside from anyone directly affected by the attacks.

But I truly do wish the best for you in coping with your loss.
    Thanks for the kind words Dean, I am coping...

Just wish (as I'm sure most Americans do) I / we could turn back the clock and this never would've happened.

God Bless America!
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!