Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shazier

Shazier

what, no one wants to talk about the ugly side of the nfl rearing its ugly head?

he delivered what didn't look like the worlds most dangerous hit. its a hit we see quite often. but he imediately lost all feeling and use of his legs

the team announced almost imediately that he suffered a spinal contusion

the next day they announced that he had some movement below the waist and that he would be moved to pittsburg the next day.

yesterday they decided not to move him for some reason, and everyone stopped giving updates.

today, they airlifted him to pittsburg where the medical team announced that they will not update his condition until they run all their tests

doesn't sound good for a great young player

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's a bit worrisome to be sure.

Too bad. I wanted the Packers to move up and draft him. If he were on the Packers he'd be OK now because they train their LBs not to tackle.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

Too bad. I wanted the Packers to move up and draft him. If he were on the Packers he'd be OK now because they train their LBs not to tackle.
    But he'd have a hammy and be out anyways.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    But he'd have a hammy and be out anyways.
    LOL
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Nick Collins and Finley's injuries also were on 'small' hits. Most of neck/spine are about angle of impact.

I wonder if he'll ever play again...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I hope for his sake he wouldn't. Remember Turd Ferguson after he got knocked out, and he didn't even break his neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Play?? At the moment I hope he walks again.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

No, no, no. That's when it's a cornerback. When it's another position, you're supposed to say that TT knew the guy had potential medical problems and drafted him anyway because he likes drafting injured players, like Justin Harrell.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    No, no, no. That's when it's a cornerback. When it's another position, you're supposed to say that TT knew the guy had potential medical problems and drafted him anyway because he likes drafting injured players, like Justin Harrell.
    lol I just about spit up my coffee. Maybe we should add "Packerrat Memes" to that 'glossary' thread.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...207-story.html

Lack of news on Ryan Shazier is disconcerting

" ... In general, good news comes quickly, bad news slowly.

We all like to hear and deliver good news and remain hopeful. No one likes to be the bearer of bad news.

Doctors and NFL teams are no different.

Regarding Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier, the worry is that no news is not good news. ..."

Please click on the LINK for the rest of this story.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

If the absence of news were itself worrisome then the Packers would be perennial Eeyores. The orthopods and neurologists are running a gazillion tests on him to make sure he doesn't have stenosis and whatever else. Some Steeler players reported being told that it was a spinal concussion, which would probably mean the damage is only temporary. Could it be something more serious? Sure, but the silence is not necessarily ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    If the absence of news were itself worrisome then the Packers would be perennial Eeyores. The orthopods and neurologists are running a gazillion tests on him to make sure he doesn't have stenosis and whatever else. Some Steeler players reported being told that it was a spinal concussion, which would probably mean the damage is only temporary. Could it be something more serious? Sure, but the silence is not necessarily ominous.
    No News isn't BAD News.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Turns out he had spinal stabilization surgery last night, meaning it was much more severe injury then the team first reported

The doctors that performed the surgery didn’t say anything about whether he’d ever be able to walk again, or if he had any feeling

They already reported he had feeling. But they may not be willing to risk much movement (and hence no updates) until after the stabilization surgery.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Not as eloquent as Tae but still intersting view from Finley.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/je...ry-retirement/

They said he had “some” feeling I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Nick Collins and Finley's injuries also were on 'small' hits. Most of neck/spine are about angle of impact.
    Collins in particular looked run of the mill. Terrence Murphy is another one. Turned out both of them had pre-existing conditions, I wonder if that will be the case with Shazier?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Collins in particular looked run of the mill. Terrence Murphy is another one. Turned out both of them had pre-existing conditions, I wonder if that will be the case with Shazier?
    And Sterljng sharpe. Stenosis.

My childhood friend was a Badger offensive lineman (ahead of Tauscher on depth chart). Same thing. Small hit. Loss of feeling. Ended his career.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.