0 0%
  • Keep Both

6 35.29%
  • Cut Both

4 23.53%

Thread: 2018: Nelson or Cobb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Neither are going anywhere. Even if you cut one, who is ready to be #3?

Maybe, maybe, if they move Monty back to WR they may let Cobb go as Monty can play he slot.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Maybe, maybe, if they move Monty back to WR they may let Cobb go as Monty can play he slot.
    I know this is going to sound crazy, but hear me out....
    Since Cobb and Nelson appear to no longer be effective as #2, or #3 options you address it by adding WRs through free agency, the draft and/or trades.

Unless you think having a 34 year old who can't gain a yard on a wr screen as your #2, #3 is a viable option for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    I know this is going to sound crazy, but hear me out....
    Since Cobb and Nelson appear to no longer be effective as #2, or #3 options you address it by adding WRs through free agency, the draft and/or trades.

Unless you think having a 34 year old who can't gain a yard on a wr screen as your #2, #3 is a viable option for another year.
    Lotta effective 34 yo WRs. No reason to dump him because Hundley can't find him, he was doing fine with Rodgers but he is not the same player. FA is mixed bag. They are all on market for same reason Nelson would be; no longer the same value or talent. You have to replace the talent AND get him for cheaper to make a switch pay off unless you have a younger player ready to go.

Cobb is slightly different as he might be effectively replaced by Monty. But that requires another position switch.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cobb is slightly different as he might be effectively replaced by Monty. But that requires another position switch.
    Ya, I forgot about that.

Wait a sec, Cobb does have some QB experience....

Lotta effective 34 yo WRs.
    See my list above, fuck face. They are rare.

Jordy will be serious contender for oldest wideout in league.

But I do hedge my bet just cause Jordy has worked magic with AROD for a long time with timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    See my list above, fuck face. They are rare.

Jordy will be serious contender for oldest wideout in league.

But I do hedge my bet just cause Jordy has worked magic with AROD for a long time with timing.
    You should have hedged your bet for more reasons than that:

1. Your chart is out of date for ages, it lists Larry Fitzgerald as 32 when he is 34
    2. Anquan Boldin retiring this year because of the Bills dismantling their roster skewed your list
    3. 39 year old Steve Smith retired this year before the season
    4. There are 3 - 34 yo WRs in the League playing this year, 2 of which are starting

1. Your chart is out of date for ages, it lists Larry Fitzgerald as 32 when he is 34
    Reread the post with the list, it has a custom insult for you.

You make the point that historically there have been many successful old guys. It's also true that there are currently very few old WRs, with Jordy possibly being oldest next year. Has NFL gotten to be younger game?

That would put about $40mil at the WR position for next season. Doesn’t seem likely
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    That would put about $40mil at the WR position for next season. Doesn’t seem likely
    I have been thinking about this as well....MM is a decent WR and just might flip back there.

I could see Jordy taking re doing his contract and Cobb let go.

We can't pay about 35-40G at this position.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I invoke the rule of KGB. Until you can replace him, you pay him

I invoke the rule of KGB. Until you can replace him, you pay him
    Get them back for 'the one shot Rip' next Season.

The Window and Aaron Rodgers is closing and may have already closed in Green Bay.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

How many WRs do we normally keep, 4/5? If we put $40M at this position isn't that around 10M per player? Looking at it that way 40M doesn't seem like an exorbitant amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    How many WRs do we normally keep, 4/5? If we put $40M at this position isn't that around 10M per player? Looking at it that way 40M doesn't seem like an exorbitant amount.
    I think, and I could be wrong, that the money guys assign a dollar figure to each position group. Hard to take up 30% of the cap on a group that’s not tops in the NFL. Next year the QB spot will take up $25 or more. The OLB group be at $25 or more. Those 3 groups would then leave $35mil for the rest of the team. Doesn’t seem like the math would work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I think, and I could be wrong, that the money guys assign a dollar figure to each position group. Hard to take up 30% of the cap on a group that’s not tops in the NFL. Next year the QB spot will take up $25 or more. The OLB group be at $25 or more. Those 3 groups would then leave $35mil for the rest of the team. Doesn’t seem like the math would work out.
    Agree with this. Adam's is a must keep and IMO, they should cut Cobb and keep Jordy. Cobb just isn't worth the money.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!