0 0%
  • Keep Both

6 35.29%
  • Cut Both

4 23.53%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2018: Nelson or Cobb

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Still no answer to question "Why are WRs so young in 2018?" There have been many past greats mentioned, but it looks like there's been a change. Is it the salary cap? The way WRs are used? You might expect WRs to last longer with the Chuck Cecils gone. Or maybe just a statistical quirk of this year. Jordy is an outlier now.
    Maybe it's the way the game is changing. Increasing emphasis on short passing = greater need for quickness. Nah, a savvy route runner like Rice would flourish in any age and any environment.

The last CBA has put even more emphasis on younger, cheaper, salary-controllable players versus veterans. Its this way for all positions.

I don't think you can say WR is appreciably younger when you just lost 37 year old Steve Smith and 4 34 year olds are running around. Its always been a young man's game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I think, and I could be wrong, that the money guys assign a dollar figure to each position group. Hard to take up 30% of the cap on a group that’s not tops in the NFL. Next year the QB spot will take up $25 or more. The OLB group be at $25 or more. Those 3 groups would then leave $35mil for the rest of the team. Doesn’t seem like the math would work out.
    Agree with this. Adam's is a must keep and IMO, they should cut Cobb and keep Jordy. Cobb just isn't worth the money.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't think you can say WR is appreciably younger when you just lost 37 year old Steve Smith and 4 34 year olds are running around. Its always been a young man's game.
    4 out of a list of 96 players. Stop it. And some of those 4 may retire before 2018 season.

You or somebody gave me a long list of old greats. Hardly any today, although Larry Fitzgerald grinds on. I was surprised at how many WRs are under 25. I expected a half dozen guys over 35. Maybe it has always been this way, but I wonder.