Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers - Browns Game Day Thread

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Official Packers - Browns Game Day Thread

Well the Packers somehow pulled last week's game out thanks to a blocked punt, a fumble/pick 6 from Lowry and the read option.

This week they need to figure out a way to run against the Browns D. Hundley showed last week that he had regressed since the PITT game and couldn't hit a WR that was open by 5 yards more than 5 yards down the field.

The only thing going for the Pack today is we are playing the Browns. In another game that is going to be painful to watch the Packers pull it out.

Packers - 19
    Browns - 16
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The locals are predicting 17-13 Pack. But they smell blood in the water, trying to prevent ExpansionTampaBay-level Infamy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm taking the Green Line train down to the game, wearing my Matthews uni. Hopefully the angry Dawg Pound types won't throw plastic bottles at me. They were pretty nice in 2009, but that game was never in doubt.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm taking the Green Line train down to the game, wearing my Matthews uni. Hopefully the angry Dawg Pound types won't throw plastic bottles at me. They were pretty nice in 2009, but that game was never in doubt.
    Shoulda gotten a custom Dorsey jersey.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Shoulda gotten a custom Dorsey jersey.
    I have Dorsey Levens, but I'm betting the rubes wouldn't understand.

Packers win but I have no idea what my expectations are for Hundley, other than low. He seems a bit more settled in the pocket, but is still making breathtaking decisions about where to throw, especially deep.

So my focus has shifted to M3, and I hope he runs more of the UCLA offense this week. Two minute and overtime drive Mike.

Also want to see split backs of Jones and Williams, so Rand can scream "its just like Mack and Byner" at the game.

Packers 17 Browns 15
    Last edited by pbmax; 12-10-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I have Dorsey Levens, but I'm betting the rubes wouldn't understand.
    You can always plead, "we gave you our heir apparent GM AND a backup QB to face. No one has done more for the Cleveland Browns this season than the Packers".

That include Joe Thomas and the Browns front office.

Dorsey hired fast because he had an interview with the Giants lined up.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Browns hired GM John Dorsey before he could go through his scheduled interview with NY Giants on Tuesday, per sources.

https://t.co/zMMDrtxmbB

Dorsey hired fast because he had an interview with the Giants lined up.
    I was right!

the browns could be motivated because of the new GM, but this is a really really bad team we're playing today

no excuse if we lose

i do find it amazing that they stick by hue jackson so much. they even said that he will 100% be the HC for next season

he is 1-27 as the browns HC. if he loses out, that might be the worst 2 year period in nfl history

Packers are going to have Randall and PS guys at cornerback. If Hundley has another sub-100 yard game, they will lose. If he plays like he played at Chicago and Pittsburgh, they should pull this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    The only thing going for the Pack today is we are playing the Browns.
    Packers also have God on their side. He;s good for 6 points or so in spread, easy.

The problem ain't Jake Ryan.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ary/936029001/

Weighing it all, defensive coordinator Dom Capers felt his only choice was to dig deep into his safety position to make up for the cornerback losses, choosing in the last two games to go with Morgan Burnett and Jermaine Whitehead at slot positions in the nickel and dime defenses over undrafted rookie corners Lenzy Pipkins and Donatello Brown.

“It’s kind of what we’ve been doing all year,” Capers said of making do without corners.

The results with Burnett and Whitehead in the slot together have not been great statistically. Quarterbacks have completed 8 of 12 passes for 122 yards and two touchdowns (139.53 rating). Twice the quarterback was sacked and the rest of the plays were inconsequential runs.

And therefore there is a decent chance it gets better as the players get more time in those positions.

I am from the area and even I wouldn't honeymoon there.

House is playing, meaning you get Randall in the slot and only one safety in other dime slot. Perry is out.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    Both undrafted rookies, Lenzy Pipkins and Donatello Brown, are active for the #Packers. They join Randall, House and Hawkins as the active cornerbacks.

I'm sorry to see Perry out but having House back there helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Well the Packers somehow pulled last week's game out thanks to a blocked punt, a fumble/pick 6 from Lowry and the read option.

This week they need to figure out a way to run against the Browns D. Hundley showed last week that he had regressed since the PITT game and couldn't hit a WR that was open by 5 yards more than 5 yards down the field.

The only thing going for the Pack today is we are playing the Browns. In another game that is going to be painful to watch the Packers pull it out.

Packers - 19
    Browns - 16
    So picking up the ball off the ground and running it back is a pick 6 now?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

The problem ain't Jake Ryan.

And therefore there is a decent chance it gets better as the players get more time in those positions.
    Or dumbass decides he should play cornerbacks at cornerback and safties at safety?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Mt. Adams last one out the tunnel for warmups.

Meet and greet with Murphy on the field pass. Overheard: “Any 57 yard tries today Murph?”