Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 14 @ Cleveland

More Banjo: Week 14 @ Cleveland

OT Win! Clutch!

Game winning and tying drive!

House hurt three body parts in one play and you will have to fend for the rest of the news yourself until later.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Per ESPN Stats & Info:

Overtime Record Including Playoffs - Brett Hundley: 2-0 - Aaron Rodgers: 1-7
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Think about this. 7 wins. 3 of them in OT. Hundley has more OT wins than Aaron

M3 comment about clock vs plays mindset on late drives: "as many plays as we need to get to the endzone".

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Think about this. 7 wins. 3 of them in OT. Hundley has more OT wins than Aaron
    Funny how stats can work out that way sometimes.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Big props to Randall for reading that 3rd down play in OT and completely shutting down Gordon on the quick slant. He's been playing better and better this season. I think he's a keeper.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Big props to Randall for reading that 3rd down play in OT and completely shutting down Gordon on the quick slant. He's been playing better and better this season. I think he's a keeper.
    Yeah. He pretty much kept Gordon quiet. That was nice. And when the defense adjusted to the Brown’s run game they didn’t know where to go. A lot of that is Kiser not seeing the field. They do three man stacks and just tell him to throw to the most open guy.

PFT reports that MM, Capers, and TT have all signed three year contract extensions after the win.

Rob Demovsky‏Verified account @RobDemovsky
    3m3 minutes ago

Both Aaron Jones and Brett Hundley said the botched fourth-and-1 play was supposed to be a counter toss and Hundley erred on the play

Well, it was ugly, ugly, ugly. But how many times, with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, have we seen this team win ugly, ugly, ugly, and bitched and moaned afterward?

Too many to count. So let's take the damn win and maybe Dr. Mckenzie will force Rodgers to play next week, like he tried to do with Martellus Bennett.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Kaiser was the goat of the game, throwing a desperation sky ball when there was no desperation.

I remember Favre did that once or ten times.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Rob Demovsky‏Verified account @RobDemovsky
    3m3 minutes ago

Both Aaron Jones and Brett Hundley said the botched fourth-and-1 play was supposed to be a counter toss and Hundley erred on the play
    Wasn't this play after a time out? How the hell could Hundley screw it up? Unbelievable.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, it was ugly, ugly, ugly. But how many times, with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, have we seen this team win ugly, ugly, ugly, and bitched and moaned afterward?

Too many to count. So let's take the damn win and maybe Dr. Mckenzie will force Rodgers to play next week, like he tried to do with Martellus Bennett.
    Maybe, but to me it was depressing game. Cause if it is coaching, well they win so mm and his Goonies get another get out of jail free card, if its talent then they win so get a theoretical worse pick in the draft. Bleh....

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Maybe, but to me it was depressing game. Cause if it is coaching, well they win so mm and his Goonies get another get out of jail free card, if its talent then they win so get a theoretical worse pick in the draft. Bleh....
    At your age, take any win you can get.

Man up, Sally

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Per ESPN Stats & Info:

Overtime Record Including Playoffs - Brett Hundley: 2-0 - Aaron Rodgers: 1-7
    I think that part of it is that Rodgers beats really shitty teams instead of just tying them in regulation time.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Wasn't this play after a time out? How the hell could Hundley screw it up? Unbelievable.
    Left me puzzled also.

Aaron Nagler‏ @AaronNagler
    26s26 seconds ago

Josh Gordon finished the game with 3 catches on 6 targets for 69 yards, 38 of which came on the Browns' first play.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I think that part of it is that Rodgers beats really shitty teams instead of just tying them in regulation time.
    Yeah. I'm just dredging up an old stupid argument that is working in Hundley's favor .

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

There are no style points in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    There are no style points in the NFL.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

You play to win the game.