Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 14 @ Cleveland

Will be fun again in four more years:

Flash Gordon @JOSH_GORDONXII
    Great Win for them but let’s be serious.. Considering several of our disadvantages as a team, this kid couldn’t hold my jock strap on my worst day lol..@RandallTime

Damarious Randall @RandallTime
    Damarious Randall Retweeted Flash Gordon
    You must be on that shit again
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Lol.

No, Josh, Randall didn’t hold your jock, he put it up your ass.

Nice comeback by DR.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Example #10 billion that Twitter is totally bipolar
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It is unrealistic for fans to expect young players to be All-Pros right away.
    It's unrealistic to expect hyperbolic fans to expect young players to need time to develop.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I've been defending Randall, but I don't think he should have made the comment referring to Gordon's past drug problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I've been defending Randall, but I don't think he should have made the comment referring to Gordon's past drug problems.
    Agreed, but I'm not surprised he flipped him off considering the jock strap comment.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Its a cheap shot. Especially in light of Gordon's pretty well crafted response.

But he's a pretty emotional player, would rather have him riding high, so to speak.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Of the three possible choices, it as the kick in the back of the player tripping over him.

@RapSheet
    #Packers DB Davon House suffered a transverse process fracture in his back, source said. This season, players have come back in a week or 2.

Meh. I see your point but Gordon opened the door, he could have just not tweeted

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Meh. I see your point but Gordon opened the door, he could have just not tweeted
    I get what you're saying. I would just like to see Randall show a little more class than the most unreliable player on the worst franchise in recent NFL history.

I get what you're saying. I would just like to see Randall show a little more class than the most unreliable player on the worst franchise in recent NFL history.
    Touché

Larry McCarren does a nice breakdown of Davis' punt return. http://www.packers.com/media-center/...0-dfa589bf656b

That puke Gordon had no business putting Randall down like that. Randall was very justified in putting the arrogant damn druggie in his place.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Let's remember one thing, Randall started this with some public bragging.

“He had one catch,” Randall said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Any more questions?”

I like my cornerbacks, like my quarterbacks, just a little bit cocky.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I like my cornerbacks, like my quarterbacks, just a little bit cocky.
    Absolutely. The one catch comment, which was an answer to a question, was fine. It would have been best in my opinion for Randall to keep his comments about what happened on the field. After all, he won the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    That post is horse manure.

Kizer had already broken the pocket once, that always causes the backfield to recalibrate.

He then tried to throw which is why those DBs in the GIF are breaking on the shorter routes. He couldn't get the pass off and had to retreat.

At this point one guy was open deep with no one around but it would be a huge throw to get it to him because Kizer is 15 yards behind the LOS and others are chasing him.

This backfield looks no different than Rodgers running his extended offense, except the QB is Kizer and not Rodgers.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    pb, How come in the cluster at the top of the screen there are three Packer defenders on two Browns receivers? It seems like when Crowell breaks down the sideline no Packer goes with him.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    pb, How come in the cluster at the top of the screen there are three Packer defenders on two Browns receivers? It seems like when Crowell breaks down the sideline no Packer goes with him.
    Its not the teaching film you want for extended play coverage, but its pretty typical. Both Wilde and Huber are using it as evidence that the Defense might not even be able to be saved by Rodgers. Which is funny for Wilde who doesn't like to write X and O stuff because he knows he is out of his depth. That is not a slam, he has talked out it before. Its a tough beat to write because you are doing two jobs and you need to consult people outside the org to get answers.

The early portion of the video backs up to the earliest part of the clip (7 seconds in maybe). Three receivers up there, three DBs. Kizer has already half rolled out to his right/Defense left. That drew players up. Which put that RB even with the Packer outside DB.

He wanted to go to Gordon, but Randall was doing a veteran hold/blanket. But he could not setup to throw to another receiver as he had two Packers on him, so he retreats.

Packer CB forgets all about the RB at this point. Its not good coverage, but in an extended play with the QB running, DBs are trying to read the QB because the play has broken down and whatever patterns were being run are now being adjusted.

Kizer might have been trying to get to that side of the field, I did not get that sense from the TV angles but it looks like that is where his head was aiming at as he retreats. I don't think he is going down the middle deep as that coverage isn't terrible even if the WR has a step and a half. It would be a better than 40 yard throw while going backward.

The play was all Matthews and a nice jump ball catch from Jones. Prior to the QB retreat, it was some nice zone with good closing on their matchups. But the extended play coverage I bet is pretty typical not an indicator of the ruination of the Packer D.