Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 14 @ Cleveland

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Thanks for the explanation, pb. I am out of my depth too when it comes to x's and o's.

I've just seen this kind of...let's call it decision-making or communication...breakdown way too often, especially against elite QB's. If that was Newton or Wentz or Arod or even Big Ben instead of Kizer, the play might have ended in a TD.

We'll see this Sunday because we're playing Newton and McCaffrey who, like Arod, make a living on extending plays.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, pb. I am out of my depth too when it comes to x's and o's.

I've just seen this kind of...let's call it decision-making or communication...breakdown way too often, especially against elite QB's. If that was Newton or Wentz or Arod or even Big Ben instead of Kizer, the play might have ended in a TD.

We'll see this Sunday because we're playing Newton and McCaffrey who, like Arod, make a living on extending plays.
    I imagine its a point of emphasis against QBs who escape to throw. And the rule of thumb is if you are the deepest you have to stay deep until you know the throw isn't coming toward you. Its possible they all thought he was going to continue forward and either throw or run when he rolled to his right at first. that probably broke typical coverage on that play. Pass rush always helps. Not even Rodgers sees all WR who break free while improvising.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    PB, only my wife and a few drunks behind me can vouch for this, but I saw Crowell leaking out deep left sideline and was shouting, hands on head, that he was open. I was sure that was where Kizer was looking. But his footwork wasn't good due to the pressure and his arm is not terribly strong, so I'm not certain the ball would have gotten there even had Matthews not hit him. For all we know, he was just trying to throw it away. I think the Drunk to my left summarized it best: Keeyzeer saaaks!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    PB, only my wife and a few drunks behind me can vouch for this, but I saw Crowell leaking out deep left sideline and was shouting, hands on head, that he was open. I was sure that was where Kizer was looking. But his footwork wasn't good due to the pressure and his arm is not terribly strong, so I'm not certain the ball would have gotten there even had Matthews not hit him. For all we know, he was just trying to throw it away. I think the Drunk to my left summarized it best: Keeyzeer saaaks!
    I'll have to go back to the DVR and look at the entire play but its possible no one picked up on the Crow at all.

However I think his QB had to notice it after he rolled the other way. Be an odd play to roll right to the hash mark then throw a deep wheel route to the opposite sideline. Pretty sure Kizer wanted Gordon on the right first.

I am not putting it past the D backfield to lose a guy out of the backfield, I am just saying this is not evidence of a beyond salvation defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If he's like me at all, it sounds like he had too much coffee.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If he's like me at all, it sounds like he had too much coffee.
    Maybe. He’s too young to be taking avodart

PB. You are right. I think he saw Crowell after coming back to the Left. Like I say I think he saw him and was going there with the ball but there’s no reason to believe he would have completed that pass. But it doesn’t make sense to parse it any further because your have to say something like “OK well if he only had x amount of pressure without getting his arm hit he would have completed the pass.” I don’t have any problem saying it was a great game changing play by Clay. Give the guy some props - he wanted to show off for the ancestral home town.

PB. You are right. I think he saw Crowell after coming back to the Left. Like I say I think he saw him and was going there with the ball but there’s no reason to believe he would have completed that pass. But it doesn’t make sense to parse it any further because your have to say something like “OK well if he only had x amount of pressure without getting his arm hit he would have completed the pass.” I don’t have any problem saying it was a great game changing play by Clay. Give the guy some props - he wanted to show off for the ancestral home town.
    He remembered the face of his father.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Funny how stats can work out that way sometimes.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I've been defending Randall, but I don't think he should have made the comment referring to Gordon's past drug problems.
    Soon hopefully we will see Randall not wearing a Green Bay Packe Uni.

He plainly just SUCKS.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

He plainly just SUCKS.
    No
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That post is horse manure.

Kizer had already broken the pocket once, that always causes the backfield to recalibrate.

He then tried to throw which is why those DBs in the GIF are breaking on the shorter routes. He couldn't get the pass off and had to retreat.

At this point one guy was open deep with no one around but it would be a huge throw to get it to him because Kizer is 15 yards behind the LOS and others are chasing him.

This backfield looks no different than Rodgers running his extended offense, except the QB is Kizer and not Rodgers.
    how is it manure? they went into a scramble drill and had two guys open (one uncovered). clay hitting his arm made the pop up. seems clear to me.

there’s no reason to believe he would have completed that pass.
    why not? young athletic guy with a strong arm. had his arm not been hit all he really had to do was keep it in bounds for it to be completed.

Pretty sure Kizer wanted Gordon on the right first.
    that would have been a much harder throw (and catch for that matter) than going down the side line to an uncovered guy.

He plainly just SUCKS.
    What have you been watching these past few weeks???

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What have you been watching these past few weeks???
    Reality. He's a fricken 'Hot Head'. I'm not a Damarious Randall Fan. I don't like how he plays his position. He has the back of his head to the ball too often to defend passes. I watch him a lot. The Green Bay Packers NO. 23 has a lot to learn and defending. ie look at this photo and where the ball is and where Damarious Randall's head is. At least on this play he got his head back around to try to locate the ball when over the top too often he doesn't turn his head to the pass play and locate the ball and defend.

Do we blame that on Coaching?

Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon, Packers cornerback Damarious Randall exchange insults on Twitter
    Published: December 11, 2017 - 10:47 AM | Updated: December 11, 2017 - 12:27 PM

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/br...lts-on-twitter
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-13-2017 at 11:43 AM.

^^^ That's pretty good veteran technique. Head is turned to the ball, so refs let a lot of hand-checking and contact go. He's got a hold on Gordon's arm enough to hinder the catch. Well done, D-man!

But I agree that he's immature. But he's come a long way from where he was earlier this season.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Funny how stats can work out that way sometimes.
    Is that the summation of your posts in this thread or a response to the above?
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 12-13-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I'll have to go back to the DVR and look at the entire play but its possible no one picked up on the Crow at all.

However I think his QB had to notice it after he rolled the other way. Be an odd play to roll right to the hash mark then throw a deep wheel route to the opposite sideline. Pretty sure Kizer wanted Gordon on the right first.

I am not putting it past the D backfield to lose a guy out of the backfield, I am just saying this is not evidence of a beyond salvation defense.
    It was at least partially a zone coverage and Josh Jones was in the area that Crowell passed through on his way up the sideline. But the TE was also in that zone and Jones had to pick one. When Kizer came off his first read and got in trouble, Jones (correctly, I would guess) went with the guy who was running the short out, which would have been an easier thrown for Kizer to make as he was scrambling to his left and backpeddling. Crowell at that point came wide open but I'm not sure even ARod could have made that throw.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I think that part of it is that Rodgers beats really shitty teams instead of just tying them in regulation time.
    Pretty much. Rodgers doesn't get a 4th quarter comeback against the Browns cause he doesn't need one.