Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Browns

Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Browns

Studs

Brett Hundley - Far from perfect, but came through when it counted. At the end of the day, had 3 TD's 0 INT's and 31 rushing yards

Jamall Williams - 118 total yards and 1 TD.

Davante Adams - 10 catches, 84 yards, 2 TD's. Turning into Mr. Clutch.

Trevor Davis - 138 total return yards, including the big one that set up the tying score.

Damarious Randall - Shut down Josh Gordon after the 1st drive.

Clay Matthews - 1 sack and forced the bad throw on the OT INT.

Duds

Offensive Line - Seemed to have a lot of trouble with the Browns stunting and blitzing. Not many holes for RB's to run through.

Run defense - Not sure where the individual blame lies, but terrible against Crowell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Studs

Brett Hundley - Far from perfect, but came through when it counted. At the end of the day, had 3 TD's 0 INT's and 31 rushing yards

Trevor Davis - 138 total return yards, including the big one that set up the tying score.

Duds

Offensive Line - Seemed to have a lot of trouble with the Browns stunting and blitzing. Not many holes for RB's to run through.

Run defense - Not sure where the individual blame lies, but terrible against Crowell.
    Pretty much go with this with a couple of additions/clarifications:

Studs - Believe it or not.. Aaron Rodgers. He was coaching Hundley through the whole game and into OT. In OT he looked to have taken over and began telling MM how to run the program. (Just what I saw.)

Duds - Inside Linebackers. Light and slow.

Studs

a-rod for stepping in and calling the play for the last TD of regulation

doing what he does best, calling his own plays to make fat mike look good

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Duds - All of you used assnapkins who smeared all that shit about Davante, yes Tex you did it also, need to gargle your own piss to get the feces taste out of your mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Duds - All of you used assnapkins who smeared all that shit about Davante, yes Tex you did it also, need to gargle your own piss to get the feces taste out of your mouths.
    Lol. But how do you really feel?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I'm at a loss for words...
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'm at a loss for words...
    Ask Madtown for some - he seems to have plenty.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Assnapkin is a great word.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Another vote for Randall:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...eck/937668001/

The 6-3, 225-pound receiver towers over the 5-11, 196-pound Randall, but no one in the secondary is playing better than Randall and the Packers needed him to keep Gordon in check.

And that’s exactly what Randall did.

“He had one catch,” Randall said. “Any more questions?”

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Randall has stepped up this season.

While Burnett and Dix (in spite of the INT) have stepped down.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Studs - Believe it or not.. Aaron Rodgers. He was coaching Hundley through the whole game and into OT. In OT he looked to have taken over and began telling MM how to run the program. (Just what I saw.)
    Rodgers and Stubby were late heading into the locker room for halftime. Rodgers had the clipboard/laminate and was shoving it in front of Stubby and gesticulating. Was talking his ear off all the way into the tunnel. Would be interesting to know whether putting the game in Hundley's hands was his idea.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Randall has stepped up this season.

randall has stepped up the last few games, he was pretty awful before that

lets hope he's getting his confidence back that he had for most of his rookie year

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Dix has been terrible deep. Maybe need to put Dix in a box.

Gotta wonder what is going on with HaHa. This is his contract year - you'd think he'd want to ball out and come in for the year in the best possible mental and physical shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Studs

Duds

I agree with all of this.

Yeah, Madtown, I'm ready to say Adams is doing good. He's no Julio Jones, but he makes the most of the talent and speed he's got. I think a lot of posters who have been pissing on Hundley have more crow to eat than I do, though.

I'd add McCarthy's play calling to the dud list, but as so often happens, at least we won.

I'd add Martinez to the stud list too - not as good as some of his games, but the guy has become a legitimately decent ILB.

Call whichever commentator a dud also for not even being able to pronounce Biegel's name.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I didn't have a problem with McCarthy's play calling yesterday outside of his decision to not go for the FG when Hundley screwed up in the second half of the game. It was dumb to not take the sure points with a FG that close to the goal line with a inexperienced QB in that situation.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Randall is a head case and should be shipped out at the earliest convenient time.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I'd be a hypocrite if I criticized McCarthy for going for it on 4th and 1, as I said out loud before the play that even though it was stupid, it's what I would do too.

One reason IMO that Hundley shines in comeback/desperation time is that McCarthy finally takes the leash off him then. It was smart strategy to throw underneath those Safety(s) that were so far off the line most of the time, but they virtually never opened it up down field until they were down 2 TDs late in the 3rd. And once on 3rd and 1 when he should have just gotten a first down, he did call a pass 20 yards down field - incomplete, followed by a punt from around mid field. And the read option, which worked so well the previous week was hardly used this week. I just hope McCarthy doesn't feel the need to put a leash on Aaron Rodgers, assuming he plays. There was too much of that even before the injury.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I didn't have a problem with McCarthy's play calling yesterday outside of his decision to not go for the FG when Hundley screwed up in the second half of the game. It was dumb to not take the sure points with a FG that close to the goal line with a inexperienced QB in that situation.
    But we do that and we dont get that exciting OT!...I 100% agree with you. With AR take the chance, with the bumbling bruin you kick.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Randall is a head case and should be shipped out at the earliest convenient time.
    You like losing? Randall is by far the teams best cornerback right now. He's totally turned things around since being benched against the Bears.