Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Browns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You like losing? Randall is by far the teams best cornerback right now. He's totally turned things around since being benched against the Bears.
    Absolutely.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You like losing? Randall is by far the teams best cornerback right now. He's totally turned things around since being benched against the Bears.
    And here is where McCarthy is so good. Randall has the melt down, but we have no idea what really happened. McCarthy keep that under wraps. McCarthys got real leadership qualities and the players respond to it and you see it. Now if he’ll just let Rogers do the playcalling.

I'd be a hypocrite if I criticized McCarthy for going for it on 4th and 1, as I said out loud before the play that even though it was stupid, it's what I would do too.

One reason IMO that Hundley shines in comeback/desperation time is that McCarthy finally takes the leash off him then. It was smart strategy to throw underneath those Safety(s) that were so far off the line most of the time, but they virtually never opened it up down field until they were down 2 TDs late in the 3rd. And once on 3rd and 1 when he should have just gotten a first down, he did call a pass 20 yards down field - incomplete, followed by a punt from around mid field. And the read option, which worked so well the previous week was hardly used this week. I just hope McCarthy doesn't feel the need to put a leash on Aaron Rodgers, assuming he plays. There was too much of that even before the injury.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Still don't like him, won't like him and know he is in a ton of highlight reels, for opposition WRs.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.