Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 3 Weeks To Go

Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 3 Weeks To Go

Division Leaders

1. Philadelphia Eagles 11-2
    2. Minnesota Vikings 10-3
    3. Los Angeles Rams 9-4 Head to head tie-breaker over New Orleans
    4. New Orleans Saints 9-4 Head to head tie-breaker over Carolina
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Wild Cards

5. Carolina Panthers 9-4
    6. Atlanta Falcons 8-5 Head to head tie-breaker over Seattle

Outside Looking In

7. Seattle Seahawks 8-5
    8. Detroit Lions 7-6 Head to head tie-breaker over Green Bay/Better record vs. common opponents than Dallas
    9. Green Bay Packers 7-6 Head to head Tie-breaker over Dallas
    10. Dallas Cowboys 7-6
    11. Arizona Cardinals 6-7
    12 Wash. Redskins 5-8
    13. Tampa Bay Bucs 4-9 Head to head tie-breaker over Chicago
    14. Chicago Bears 4-9
    15. San Fran. 49ers 3-10
    16. New York Giants 2-11

Key Week 15 Games

Chicago at Detroit
    Cincinnati at Minnesota
    New York Jets at New Orleans
    Philadelphia at New York Giants
    Green Bay at Carolina
    Los Angeles Rams at Seattle
    Dallas at Oakland
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay

Playoff Scenarios

Philadelphia has clinched the NFC East

Vikings can clinch the NFC North with a win or tie or with a loss or tie by Green Bay and Detroit

Eagles can clinch a 1st round bye with a win and a loss or tie by Los Angeles, New Orleans and Carolina, or with a tie and losses by Los Angeles, New Orleans and Carolina

This is like being 2.5 games out of the wild card in baseball but with 4 teams to pass.

Or I guess its just like football now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Man up, Nancy.

its gonna be tough to win the next two weeks even with a fully healthy a-rod

and it pretty much looks like we have to win out and get a lot of help

The thing is, if you would have told me we had any chance at the playoffs after losing Rodgers for 8 weeks, I would have said you were crazy.

Beat Carolina, Minnesota, and Detroit.
    Carolina loses at Atlanta. (Or Atlanta loses to Carolina and at New Orleans.)
    Seattle loses to LA Rams or at Dallas (with Elliott back). (Or LA Rams lose at Seattle and at Tennessee.)

Sounds easy enough.

Could this be like 2010 with a late push to the playoffs? Unlikely, but there's a chance.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Beat Carolina, Minnesota, and Detroit.
    Carolina loses at Atlanta. (Or Atlanta loses to Carolina and at New Orleans.)
    Seattle loses to LA Rams or at Dallas (with Elliott back). (Or LA Rams lose at Seattle and at Tennessee.)

Sounds easy enough.

Could this be like 2010 with a late push to the playoffs? Unlikely, but there's a chance.
    Sorry, ain't gonna happen. Been here many times over the years, and whenever u have to rely on help from other teams, u can kiss the season goodbye.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Awwwww....Don't spoil the youngsters' fun. It's like telling 'em that Santa Clause isn't real.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Sorry, ain't gonna happen. Been here many times over the years, and whenever u have to rely on help from other teams, u can kiss the season goodbye.
    What about Minnesota at Arizona, 2003? Some of those neurons must be gunked up with amyloids...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Awwwww....Don't spoil the youngsters' fun. It's like telling 'em that Santa Clause isn't real.
    I think Santa Claus came to town several times in that last Super Bowl season.

What Harvey said above is very much a possibility. The toughest hurdle could be knocking off Carolina at their place, even with Rodgers.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I think Santa Claus came to town several times in that last Super Bowl season.

What Harvey said above is very much a possibility. The toughest hurdle could be knocking off Carolina at their place, even with Rodgers.
    I'm expecting the Pack to get blown out in Carolina. I think Arod will be running for his life if he plays. If we pull off a miracle and win there, I'll become a believer. I really thought last year was gonna be our repeat of 2010. Santa dropped off a lump of coal. LOL
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I expect the Vikings to lose out and we win the division.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

how good are our chances of making the playoffs?

math nerds teamed up and have said we have a 95% chance of NOT making the playoffs.

even with rodgers returning

and that might be a huge improvement, last week the odds of us making it were 750-1

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    how good are our chances of making the playoffs?

math nerds teamed up and have said we have a 95% chance of NOT making the playoffs.

even with rodgers returning

and that might be a huge improvement, last week the odds of us making it were 750-1
    Should have put a $10 down on that. Just like betting on Leicester City.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

What are the odds of us advancing if we do make the playoffs, even with Arod? Our D usually blinks when we're up against an elite QB.

Just to set the record straight, I'm ready to cling to that 5% chance for all it's worth! And a playoff run to the SB would be great, great fun. But I'm not betting the farm on it.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I expect the Vikings to lose out and we win the division.
    If so, I want a copy of the Paul Allen soundtrack

"No! No! There are Vikings crying on the field"
    "How do you even ponder passing? This is the Super Bowl, this isn't Detroit!"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Lol.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    The thing is, if you would have told me we had any chance at the playoffs after losing Rodgers for 8 weeks, I would have said you were crazy.
    And this is why I don't have a problem with McCarthy. He and this staff kept this beat up bunch together for 2 months with string and duct tape. Let's hope we get good news from MM today about #12.