Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Rookie RBs

The Rookie RBs

Is it just me, or did TT knock it out of the park here? I haven't watched the Packers much recently but it seems like Jamal Williams is a very hard, powerful runner, and Aaron Jones seems to be really fast and shifty.

A modern thunder/lightening? I like it.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I was wrong, I thought Williams was terrible, he is not. I was right Monty is not a RB. I like Jones since his first snap.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    TT needs to go
    Stubby needs to go
    Murphy needs to go

Lambeau needs to fix their restrooms
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Most anyone can see that Williams and Jones are far above Monty talent wise at RB. So that means TT and stubby will put Monty back in the RB 1 spot as soon as he's able.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Most anyone can see that Williams and Jones are far above Monty talent wise at RB. So that means TT and stubby will put Monty back in the RB 1 spot as soon as he's able.

Who is Adam Grant, other than a person with two first names?

Still curious about Devante Mays...has Ted hit the triple header with the back draft or is he really a bust? He is one of those rare combinations of Size and Speed. At the rate running backs go down in the NFL there is strength in numbers.

Mays is in the dog house, and with Jones back he won't be getting out any time soon. Assuming the other two remain healthy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

i sure hope Williams and Jones aren't flashes-in-the-pan. it would be cool to have an iconic RB (in at least a Packers point of view) emerge from this tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Mays is in the dog house, and with Jones back he won't be getting out any time soon. Assuming the other two remain healthy.
    The Browns played the run well. Which made the Jones vs Williams comparison difficult. Williams, it appears, is the starting RB, but I liked what I saw from Jones more. He was more likely to make you flat out miss. More shifty.

I like both of them. I just hope there's enough touches to go to both of them. Rodgers at QB, Adams at WR, Jones and Williams at RB, a young OLine (if they replace Evans). On the D they have Clark, Martinez and Ryan, and a bevy of CBs (if they're healthy) and safeties. All the team is missing is another WR for the future and edge rushers--not to demean Perry and Matthews. Perry is vital but not primarily a pass rusher. Matthews is worn down but effective in spots. They need someone there most and WR second most.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Williams is the bruiser and Jones the one who may make you miss.

lets hope they aren't just a flash in the pan like we've seen many times in the past all over the NFL

be great though if we had a solid 1-2 punch for the next 2 or 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    lets hope they aren't just a flash in the pan like we've seen many times in the past all over the NFL

be great though if we had a solid 1-2 punch for the next 2 or 3 years
    Those guys seem pretty solid to me. Good running instincts, and they seem okay in pass pro. Jones has more of a burst which did not show at the combine. The ran very similar 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    TT needs to go
    Stubby needs to go
    Murphy needs to go

Lambeau needs to fix their restrooms
    If you think the restrooms are bad you never went to a game before the renovation and construction of the upper concourse.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If you think the restrooms are bad you never went to a game before the renovation and construction of the upper concourse.
    my first game there was '95. I don't recall the quality, but the communal spirit at the trough was memorable.

The worst stadium restroom I've ever been in was Rich Stadium in Buffalo. I felt like I was at the battle of Stalingrad. There were Sabers and Maple Leaf fans literally fighting in the stalls, and the quality and cleanliness of the room was like Trainspotting meets Silence of the Lambs.
    Last edited by mraynrand; 12-12-2017 at 01:06 AM.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    my first game there was '95. I don't recall the quality, but the communal spirit at the trough was memorable.

The worst stadium restroom I've ever been in was Rich Stadium in Buffalo. I felt like I was at the battle of Stalingrad. There were Sabers and Maple Leaf fans literally fighting in the stalls, and the quality and cleanliness of the room was like Trainspotting meets Silence of the Lambs.
    If memory serves the additional restrooms in the upper concourse were put in after 95. Before then it was brutal for us gals standing in long lines trying not to wet ourselves waiting for what seemed like forever.

For some reason, Williams was awful in the preseason and first couple of games - he'd just run into the back of the O Line and fall down. Then he comes back and is great - it's hard to figure. Mays looked good in the preseason, and I still have hope for him. It will probably be next preseason before we see if he is any good or not.

I never cared for Montgomery as a WR, and I thought he would do good as a RB. He wasn't that bad except for always getting hurt. I don't know if they keep him as a backup at both positions or get rid of him or what. Getting about a 3rd or 4th round pick in a trade for him would be nice, but that's probably too much to hope for.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Well, the way the troops seem to fall every season these last few years, it may be good to have all four back next year, under the supposition that by the end of the year at least one of them might be healthy enough to stay on the field.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Williams is the bruiser and Jones the one who may make you miss.
    Yup.

I like Williams Power and quickness and he can catch the ball. He also looks like he has a good head.

We need to see these two Williams and Jones next Season. I see promise in these two REAL RB's.

Can Ty Montgomery play the Randall Cobb role?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I suspect our RBs might be even more effective now with #12 back. Defenses are now not going to load up the box and dare our QB to beat them with his arm!