Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vic Fangio

Vic Fangio

It looks like Bears D Coordinator Vic Fangio will be available after the season.
    I think he'd be an upgrade over Capers, who seems like a man that has watched the game pass him by.
    What do you think?
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I wanted him after the Niners let him go.

Why will he be available? Bears cleaning out the coaching staff?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Marvin Lewis will probably be available too
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

John Fox will go. There seems to be some bad blood between Fangio & the McCaskeys.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

More of the same old anti-Capers crap! Don't you people get it? The Packers simply do not have the quality personnel on defense to play conventional defense. Without the creativity and scheming of Capers, the Packers would be MUCH worse off than they are in terms of yardage and points given up. We just don't have the horses to stop everything at the same time. A degree of outguessing the opponents needs to be done - thank you very much, Ted Thompson. The same is true, of course, of the Packers' offense which has been thoroughly exposed this season for the mediocre supporting cast Ted has provided for the team to go along with our all world QB.

Whenever Fangio has had success, he has had great talent to work with. It's hard to say how he would do with what Ted has provided with the Packers. I'm pretty sure it would not be as good as what Capers gives us.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    More of the same old anti-Capers crap! Don't you people get it? The Packers simply do not have the quality personnel on defense to play conventional defense. Without the creativity and scheming of Capers, the Packers would be MUCH worse off than they are in terms of yardage and points given up. We just don't have the horses to stop everything at the same time. A degree of outguessing the opponents needs to be done - thank you very much, Ted Thompson. The same is true, of course, of the Packers' offense which has been thoroughly exposed this season for the mediocre supporting cast Ted has provided for the team to go along with our all world QB.

Whenever Fangio has had success, he has had great talent to work with. It's hard to say how he would do with what Ted has provided with the Packers. I'm pretty sure it would not be as good as what Capers gives us.
    Ok so TT and Capers have to go. That was simple enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Amen.

Every time someone brings up Vic Fangio, I think of Foge Fazio, that glorious bastard defensive coordinator for the Vikings. Ah well, he's unavailable.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I hope that wasn't your take from my post. TT must go, YES, but Capers is the only thing saving our D from being a helluva lot worse than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Every time someone brings up Vic Fangio, I think of Foge Fazio, that glorious bastard defensive coordinator for the Vikings. Ah well, he's unavailable.
    He had some great defenses.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I hope that wasn't your take from my post. TT must go, YES, but Capers is the only thing saving our D from being a helluva lot worse than it is.
    TT has one more year on his contract so I'm guessing he will retire after the 2018 season.

Well if there is one pattern, it's that the Packers are consistently better on D by the end of the year than the beginning. You can't put a lot of stock in the cumulative ranking, I would value 3rd down stop ratio in the playoffs and last 4 weeks of the regular season. If those are good, he stays. If they're bad, he goes. My guess is they'll still be bad despite the pattern I perceive of improved play.

Would not object to John Fox as DC at all.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Capers schemes are stale and easily schemed against, he needs to be gone, he is not developing talent he can only scheme the already talented.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    TT has one more year on his contract so I'm guessing he will retire after the 2018 season.
    None too soon. I'm wondering, though, if the next GM is Elliot Wolf or whoever, will he just be a continuation of Ted Thompson - not doing enough to build up the team around Aaron Rodgers? Or will he get off his ass and bring in some free agents as well as doing a better job of drafting? Optimist that I am, I'm not very optimistic about that. There seems to be a culture of do-nothingness in the Packer leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Capers schemes are stale and easily schemed against, he needs to be gone, he is not developing talent he can only scheme the already talented.
    The Raven's defense gave up more yards and points to the Steelers than the Packers even though they are thought by many to have better defensive players. Are their schemes stale and easily game-planned against?

I think of Jerry Burns. Now this guy could throw you under the bus and fire you up at the same time!

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I bet in his final years Burns got hammered a lot and yelled at the TV at the old coaches’ Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think of Jerry Burns. Now this guy could throw you under the bus and fire you up at the same time!

Beat me to it. Love that clip.

I bet in his final years Burns got hammered a lot and yelled at the TV at the old coaches’ Home.
    I’d like to think he puttered around his garden speaking quietly and sweetly to his peonies.