Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vic Fangio

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I’d like to think he puttered around his garden speaking quietly and sweetly to his peonies.
    it would ruin me to see that - or him nuzzling his little cat Pookie.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Well if there is one pattern, it's that the Packers are consistently better on D by the end of the year than the beginning. You can't put a lot of stock in the cumulative ranking, I would value 3rd down stop ratio in the playoffs and last 4 weeks of the regular season. If those are good, he stays. If they're bad, he goes. My guess is they'll still be bad despite the pattern I perceive of improved play.

Would not object to John Fox as DC at all.
    Next Season I expect our Key Packer Brass will be:

TT and MM and Dom Capers.

Bet on that. I'll be surprized if I'm mistaken.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Pass on Bears sloppy seconds. I'd rather have Dennis Thurman.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Pass on Bears sloppy seconds.
    Yeah because the Panthers/Texans sloppy seconds is doing such a bang up job in GB.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I bet in his final years Burns got hammered a lot and yelled at the TV at the old coaches’ Home.
    That's nowhere near as hardcore as Verne Gagne giving a nursing home resident a suplex and killing him....

http://www.startribune.com/gagne-cas...cide/40326907/
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    That's nowhere near as hardcore as Verne Gagne giving a nursing home resident a suplex and killing him....

http://www.startribune.com/gagne-cas...cide/40326907/
    crazy story. And it got me confused for a while because Verne Gagne's son Greg Gagne is also a wrestler, and Greg Gagne (not the son) was also a Twins shortstop around the time the son was a wrestler. Too many Gagnes!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Well if there is one pattern, it's that the Packers are consistently better on D by the end of the year than the beginning. You can't put a lot of stock in the cumulative ranking, I would value 3rd down stop ratio in the playoffs and last 4 weeks of the regular season. If those are good, he stays. If they're bad, he goes. My guess is they'll still be bad despite the pattern I perceive of improved play.

Would not object to John Fox as DC at all.
    This d this year has gotten worse as the season goes. The browns had scored on something like 2 of 30 drives coming in. I think they got TDs first 2 drives.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I know Jim Leonard is still raw, but get him while we can and we have an opening.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    This d this year has gotten worse as the season goes. The browns had scored on something like 2 of 30 drives coming in. I think they got TDs first 2 drives.
    The lack of King and House hurts a lot. Its a mess + Randall in coverage at this point. And Jones is making rookie mistakes backing them up as a starting safety.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This is what defense looks like when you cannot defend the pass or rush the passer.

I think they need to trade for Joe Thomas AND the Browns #1 pick next year for Jeff Janis and Brice.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Perry and King out and House lost early in the game. Waddaya gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The lack of King and House hurts a lot. Its a mess + Randall in coverage at this point. And Jones is making rookie mistakes backing them up as a starting safety.
    oops. need to read through the whole thing before posting.

Mike says
    I'm done with Fangio
    He treats me like a ragdoll
    He hides the television
    Says I don't owe him nothing
    But if he comes back again
    Tell him to wait right here for me
    Or just try again tomorrow
    I'm gonna kick tomorrow
    Gonna kick tomorrow
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Jane says? lol
    C.H.U.D.

So here's thought...maybe a stupid one. How about offering Wade Phillips the HC job and have him bring in an offense coordinator?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    So here's thought...maybe a stupid one. How about offering Wade Phillips the HC job and have him bring in an offense coordinator?
    Fuck that. Maybe as D.C. but not as HC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This is what defense looks like when you cannot defend the pass or rush the passer.

I think they need to trade for Joe Thomas AND the Browns #1 pick next year for Jeff Janis and Brice.

And then add Spriggs and Fackrell for past considerations
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post

I'd be more excited about somebody slipping me a 5 to try out some more Caramel
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I know Jim Leonard is still raw, but get him while we can and we have an opening.

This is actually a good thought; Rex Ryan has stated right after he changed jobs one of his first goals was to go sign Leonard as a free agent cause Leonard pretty much ran his defense. Scary Rumors flyin all over he's getting all kinds of offers but he loves Madson and wans tostay inWI.

Seems a matter of time before he leaves. If he's leaving it might as well be to GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    This is actually a good thought; Rex Ryan has stated right after he changed jobs one of his first goals was to go sign Leonard as a free agent cause Leonard pretty much ran his defense. Scary Rumors flyin all over he's getting all kinds of offers but he loves Madson and wans tostay inWI.

Seems a matter of time before he leaves. If he's leaving it might as well be to GB
    Bottom line is you can't argue with success. They don't get many 5 star recruits, but the D this year was incredible. Maybe we can pull a neon deon and fly him back and forth from madison to green bay all year.