Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Week 15 Other Games

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Of course this is your take. But had the Packers been punked like this at home, we'd get an endless stream of your anti-TT, Stubby and Capers verbal diarrhea.
    Maybe there should be another subforum called "Woodblock's Hot Taeks."
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Of course this is your take. But had the Packers been punked like this at home, we'd get an endless stream of your anti-TT, Stubby and Capers verbal diarrhea.
    Pete Carroll is just NOT a LEADER of MEN.

John Schneider just sits on his hands every offseason. He lucked out with Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Pete Carroll is just NOT a LEADER of MEN.

John Schneider just sits on his hands every offseason. He lucked out with Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson.
    Any GM would have picked Russell in the third round. I mean all gm’s had already passed on him twice. He fell into Schneider’s lap.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Any GM would have picked Russell in the third round. I mean all gm’s had already passed on him twice. He fell into Schneider’s lap.
    Not so sure you can say this because if people knew what'd he become he'd be picked #2 behind Andrew Luck. If only Russ was 6'4", he would have been the #1 pick over Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Not so sure you can say this because if people knew what'd he become he'd be picked #2 behind Andrew Luck. If only Russ was 6'4", he would have been the #1 pick over Luck.
    Hint: he's being facetious.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The problem is the rule. In reality, that's a catch and then he lost it after he crossed the goal line. But the way the rule is, I think they made the right call. Unbelievable ending. And a dumb play by Big Ben to throw a slant into triple coverage.
    Bullshit. That was as you said a catch.

As soon as that ball was reached and crossed the plane of the Goal Line it was at that instant...A TOUCHDOWN !

The game is being ruined by shoddy Officiating or Officials that don't know the damn Rules. The NFL has to act Professional and hire Legit Pro Officials as any Pro League has the good sense to do.

The Game's being ruined by over commercialization and causing Fan interest to decline, NOT anything to do with rightful Protests. Look at the TD celebrations now literally mocking all that BS and no Protests. It's becoming something else all together again. You never know what the NEXT fricken surprize is going to be to F..K up a game.

I know this is a fact because I'm an NFL Pro Pickem dedicated NFL fan.

The NFL game of Football is turning into 'a Circus'.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-19-2017 at 12:27 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Bullshit. That was as you said a catch.

As soon as that ball was reached and crossed the plane of the Goal Line it was at that instant...A TOUCHDOWN !
    No, it was correctly ruled. The rule is going to the ground. Every ref has said the same thing. Your opinion doesn't count. Had he not been going to the ground during the catch, it would have been a TD. They could easily change the rule for goal line and end-zone. To say if the receiver has gained control of the ball in the end zone or breaking the plane, then a TD is rewarded and the play is over. That would get rid of the going to the ground silliness in the end zone at least.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The problem is the rule. In reality, that's a catch and then he lost it after he crossed the goal line. But the way the rule is, I think they made the right call. Unbelievable ending. And a dumb play by Big Ben to throw a slant into triple coverage.
    The part that doesn't make sense to me is that there is no replay angle (at least not that CBS aired) showing that the ball clearly hit the ground. If it moves but the receiver's hand is cradling it and the ball never hits the ground, it's a catch. Was there a secret angle showing contact with the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    The part that doesn't make sense to me is that there is no replay angle (at least not that CBS aired) showing that the ball clearly hit the ground. If it moves but the receiver's hand is cradling it and the ball never hits the ground, it's a catch. Was there a secret angle showing contact with the ground?
    It seemed obvious to me that it moved in his hand because and after it hit the ground.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This is more of a "around the league" discussion, but is the luster gone from Seattle? Is their window closing already?
    - They are missing their 2nd and 3rd round picks this year due to trades for Sheldon Richardson and Duane Brown. They're also missing their 2nd round pick in 2019.
    - Their defense was the third oldest to start the year (before injuries started)
    - A lot of their key defensive players will be both old and coming off injury (Avril, Chancellor, Sherman)
    - For years they have struggled with fielding a competent OL
    - I'm certainly no expert on their cap situation but I think they have key decisions to make on Richardson, Brown, and Jimmy Graham
    - They've had a large amount of internal fighting (Wilson/Sherman over the summer and Thomas/Wagner on Sunday)
    Go PACK

I thought the Packers were supposed to emulate the Seachickens. Or was it Dallas this year. ATL? Oh wait, MN? Oh hell, let me know, I can't keep up.

I thought the Packers were supposed to emulate the Seachickens. Or was it Dallas this year. ATL? Oh wait, MN? Oh hell, let me know, I can't keep up.
    The Rams.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    The Rams.
    Jacksonville Jags!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

No, it was correctly ruled. The rule is going to the ground. Every ref has said the same thing. Your opinion doesn't count. Had he not been going to the ground during the catch, it would have been a TD. They could easily change the rule for goal line and end-zone. To say if the receiver has gained control of the ball in the end zone or breaking the plane, then a TD is rewarded and the play is over. That would get rid of the going to the ground silliness in the end zone at least.
    Refs called a similar play a TD for the Steelers vs Bengals early in 2016.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...2016-112426756

If he was hit causing him to go to the ground - then I may agree as the rule is written today. But he clearly caught it and fell/dove without getting touched.

At very least not consistent in the officiating. At worst - a terribly over complicated rule.

If it quacks like a duck...

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Refs called a similar play a TD for the Steelers vs Bengals earlier this year.

If he was hit causing him to go to the ground - then I may agree as the rule is written today. But he clearly caught it and fell/dove without getting touched.

At very least not consistent in the officiating. At worst - a terribly over complicated rule.

If it quacks like a duck...
    I may be wrong but I thought it didn't matter about going to the ground - that it makes no difference whether you are hit or going on your own. If you are going to the ground you have to maintain possession all the way through your fall to the ground.

But I agree about changing the rule regardless of being hit: on TD plays, if you establish control of the ball in the end zone or establish control and it breaks the plane, that is, once the ball is in control in the end zone it's a TD and nothing after that should matter.

The Rams.
    To do that, don't they have to get the #1 or #2 pick in the draft multiple years? How do they do that without sucking or trading with the Browns?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Jacksonville Jags!
    Tom Coughlin for defensive coordinator! Now all they need is a dominant front four rushing the passer.

Tom Coughlin for defensive coordinator! Now all they need is a dominant front four rushing the passer.
    TT didn't go after Calais Campbell when he had the chance!

To do that, don't they have to get the #1 or #2 pick in the draft multiple years? How do they do that without sucking or trading with the Browns?
    It worked for the 49ers... until it didn't. Scoops produced a lot of articles for 2-3 years about how the 49ers were bigger, stronger, and faster than the Packers.

It seemed obvious to me that it moved in his hand because and after it hit the ground.
    It may seem that way to you but to overturn the call on the field there has to be irrefutable evidence. "Seems obvious" isn't irrefutable: the ball could have moved because his hand hit the ground.