Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Last jedi

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Went lastnight. Loved it
    excellent review
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    excellent review
    Thanks. Ebert called me from the great beyond the other day. We're going to do a show.

It's hard to review a movie like this without spoilers, but just for you I'll give it a go.

Great action scenes, enough nods to the past movies without being over the top obvious. All of the vague stories Han tells in 4,5, and 6 are fleshed out. It is truly an origin story of Han Solo, from his time growing up, to meeting Chewie and Lando, to getting the Falcon. There was one gratuitous CGI scene that could easily have been left out.

All in all, great action film set in the Star Wars universe. I put it on par with Rogue One.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

If there isn't a scene where Chewie literally pulls some guy's arm out of it's socket, the movie is a fail.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Thanks. Ebert called me from the great beyond the other day. We're going to do a show.
    Two thumbs WAAAAAYYYY up!

If there isn't a scene where Chewie literally pulls some guy's arm out of it's socket, the movie is a fail.
    Like I said, spoilers.

Like I said, spoilers.

I saw it today...enjoyed it and thought it was much better than the Last Jedi. Hated pretty much every fucking trailer I saw. 15-20 minutes of visual and sonic overload.

Love Python. "The goats gone poo!"
    C.H.U.D.

is the dude believable as young han?

harrison ford owned that character, its gonna be weird seeing someone else's face, voice and mannerisms in that role

Great casting. It worked.
    C.H.U.D.

saw solo, liked it a lot

liked the story, liked how they cleared up the kessel run debate.

can't wait for solo 2. hopefully maul redeems himself

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    4 out of 5 stars. Not sure if the Mother of Dragons is a heroine or a villain.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

First 20 minutes I was rolling my eyes.

Then the WW1 battle with lasers, at-st’s and tie fighters scene.

Thumbs up.

More Chewie dismemberments please.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...empire-1116927

Solo basically tanked. Some articles I've seen have it losing up to $250 million.

I see that they are trying to can Kennedy for ruining Star Wars, but they can't find anyone willing to take over, because she shat the bed so bad that there is nothing left to work with. Episode IX is left with the smoldering wreckage of the Star Wars universe. Luke was a pussy and died, Yoda turned into a book burner, Leia and Han are dead or CGI spacefaring creatures I guess. And they killed the chemistry between Rey and the Storm Trooper. Hey, at least they have that NHS/Class president asian girl - maybe the whole next movie can be about her - maybe she can wield several newly minted and creatively colored light sabers (how about a rainbow colored saber)! Fun! Meaningful!

Honestly, there is no character I care about or circumstance/conflict I am interested in seeing resolved in Episode IX. I suspect a lot of other people are thinking the same thing, maybe even JJ Abrams. Is there an extra Death Star hanging around somewhere that they can blow up?

yeah, the last jedi really fucked up the whole thing

jj set up some really great possible story lines that got everyone excited, and the new guy came in and shit all over everything, he basically wrapped every story up in a big lame ass ending

maybe episode 9 will start with episode 8 being just a bad dream?

solo, was a solid movie, but solo was an iconic character because of harrison ford, you take him out of the equation and you don't have solo imo. that combined with the odd release date (going up against avengers, coming so soon after the fuck up of episode 8), and you have a recipe for a flop

i do think solo will go on to be one of the better films in the series, but only f they are allowed to finish the arch

you guys have seen that because of the flop of solo, disney has canceled all plans for future star wars spin offs. even though rouge one and solo were both solid movies better then the shit that was episode 8

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...empire-1116927

Solo basically tanked. Some articles I've seen have it losing up to $250 million.

I see that they are trying to can Kennedy for ruining Star Wars, but they can't find anyone willing to take over, because she shat the bed so bad that there is nothing left to work with. Episode IX is left with the smoldering wreckage of the Star Wars universe. Luke was a pussy and died, Yoda turned into a book burner, Leia and Han are dead or CGI spacefaring creatures I guess. And they killed the chemistry between Rey and the Storm Trooper. Hey, at least they have that NHS/Class president asian girl - maybe the whole next movie can be about her - maybe she can wield several newly minted and creatively colored light sabers (how about a rainbow colored saber)! Fun! Meaningful!

Honestly, there is no character I care about or circumstance/conflict I am interested in seeing resolved in Episode IX. I suspect a lot of other people are thinking the same thing, maybe even JJ Abrams. Is there an extra Death Star hanging around somewhere that they can blow up?
    yup, everything cool that JJ set up in episode 7 was killed off or destroyed in episode 8

who is rey? whos her parents? that was the big question after episode 7. turns out shes no one with white trash parents

how awesome is luke after all these years? not very. he does nothing but whine and bitch, doesnt train rey at all, and doesn't show up for the last big fight, but still dies

who is snoke, and how awesome is he? doesn't matter, he dies right away in the lamest way possible

do finn and poe because jedi? no, because luke or rey is the last one. and poe is a terrible leader and finn just leaves his friends to die to go have some fun in space vegas for a weekend

is general hux the evil nazi that he seems to be? nope, he's just comic relief

how does leia die, seeings how shes dead in real life? she doesn't, but she floats now

do we learn all the mysteries of the jedi, and the tree of life? no, those things don't matter at all, burn those

so, yoda is still the greatest jedi of all? no, he's just a hypocrite who taught a bunch of people a bunch of shit that he doesn't believe in

seriously, the last jedi probably did more to destroy the series then the phantom menace did

The plot arc was set up for Rey to be a Skywalker. Continue with the relatable family drama. And then poof. Nada.

Finn has yet to develop one iota and has maybe regressed. Dumpy Asian girl: boring. No chemistry there either.

The resistance is fucking lame in comparison to the rebels of Rogue One.

The First Order sucks.

Why kill Scope without even developing him? Stupid.

Kasdan should be doing all the writing. For that matter, get half a dozen decent SW fans together and they could have come up with a better trilogy than the shit we are seeing.

Disney should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    The plot arc was set up for Rey to be a Skywalker. Continue with the relatable family drama. And then poof. Nada.

Finn has yet to develop one iota and has maybe regressed. Dumpy Asian girl: boring. No chemistry there either.

The resistance is fucking lame in comparison to the rebels of Rogue One.

The First Order sucks.

Why kill Scope without even developing him? Stupid.

Kasdan should be doing all the writing. For that matter, get half a dozen decent SW fans together and they could have come up with a better trilogy than the shit we are seeing.

Disney should be fired.
    let Dave Filoni write it all

he's the guy that does the cartoons, which might be the strongest and most in depth part of the whole franchise

Red nailed why Solo lost money. Bad timing for release and bad taste I. Everyone’s mouth after episode 8. 8 is the 4th worst StarWars movie, and it barely beat out 2 for 3rd place. It’s a real piece of shit.

Solo is a damned good not great movie. The numbers I read say it was $250 to shoot and $150 in marketing. That’s a crazy amount of marketing dollars. It’s made $260 so far but that’s not nearly good enough for expectations. They need to put Rian who’s his face in a cell and remake 8.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Star Wars has been such a clusterfuck after the first 3. The stupidity is strong with all who have written, directed, and casted these movies. I'll agree on the exception of Rogue One, that was quality. But the others, I regret spending money on them. I'm fully expecting Episode 9 to be as dumb as when Capt Kirk had to go back in time to save the whales to save Earth in the Trek movies.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Star Wars has been such a clusterfuck after the first 3. The stupidity is strong with all who have written, directed, and casted these movies. I'll agree on the exception of Rogue One, that was quality. But the others, I regret spending money on them. I'm fully expecting Episode 9 to be as dumb as when Capt Kirk had to go back in time to save the whales to save Earth in the Trek movies.
    Bite yer phuqqing tongue. That was second only to KHhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn!