Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packers in trouble with league now?

Unhappy Packers in trouble with league now?

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Much ado about nothing. Whoever this clown is, he sounds all butt hurt because the league and the Packers told him to go pound sand.
    Then NFL needs marquis players to attract fans and viewers. Rodgers certainly makes the Packers more watchable. GB was taking a very big risk by playing him so soon after that injury. He really wasn't ready physically, the team was eliminated so they shut him down for the good of the franchise.
    He just said it's been done in the past and the league did nothing to the teams then. Perhaps he could give us a list of said teams and then he could do some research on said teams and see if they did something similar in the past. Just sayin'.

Well, if we do end up getting fined or losing draft picks we were damn stupid putting him back on IR. If we had just sat him down like we did with Clay and Perry (and others) nobody would have complained.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Well, if we do end up getting fined or losing draft picks we were damn stupid putting him back on IR. If we had just sat him down like we did with Clay and Perry (and others) nobody would have complained.
    yup

very stupid move by the higher ups on the team

lets hope nothing comes of this

yeah we broke the rules, but its kind of a stupid rule to begin with imo

Nothing is going to happen.

Released indeed.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I'm beginning to suspect Ted and company never suspected another team would complain seeing we are out of the playoff picture. It would be interesting to know which teams went running to Goodell about it.

--
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

however he also has explained that the teams around the nfl think that since the Packers couldn't IR him a second time for the same injury, then that means the team has released him

meaning he's open to waivers

ths maybe something that we don't just want to laugh off, this could be very serious

I need a good stiff drink!

Last edited by Vincenzo; 12-24-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    however he also has explained that the teams around the nfl think that since the Packers couldn't IR him a second time for the same injury, then that means the team has released him

meaning he's open to waivers

ths maybe something that we don't just want to laugh off, this could be very serious
    Absolutely! I think we are gonna get screwed. Goodell suspended Brady over inflated footballs so I wouldn't put anything past him.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Merry effing Christmas you NFL effers. Rodgers was on IR TO RETURN. That's not the same as IR. So there. His fracture moved when he was tackled in the Carolina game (I just made that up, but it's totally plausible), so he went on IR. Piss off anyone who tries to give the Packers a hard time. I hope it was Philly who was upset and I now hope the Vikings get a better seed than they do. Piss off Philly! Piss off NFL. Go fudge yourselves. Happy New Year effers!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Much ado about nothing.

You think the Browns are going to get him to report when they can't even convince Josh Rosen to enter the draft?

C'mon people, this is just sabre rattling.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

watch us somehow lose that high first round pick we finally got

the rule

Rules state a player must suffer a new injury every time he is placed on the IR.

The consequences aren’t small. If a player doesn’t suffer a new injury that keeps him out six weeks, NFL rules say the player must be released and placed on waivers once healthy.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-teams-t...152401702.html

the guy goes on to say

Of course, it’s hard to imagine the NFL would allow such a thing to happen on a technicality, especially since teams do the same thing with lesser players without anyone ever raising a stink.

Bottom line: If Rodgers is on the IR because of the same broken clavicle that put him there the first time, the Packers will have to get creative in inventing a second ailment if the NFL investigates further.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Oh give me a fucking break. Whatever team complained is a bunch of fucking babies.

Everyone knew ARod wasn’t 100% coming back from the collarbone break.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

It was probably the Browns trying to make a play for a QB.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

there are rules...they were met...not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    there are rules...they were met...not an issue.
    There are rules, and they were not met, that is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    So Florio says if the packers were forced to waive rodgers he would be claimed by the browns and retire? Why, The browns have a similar roster and own the #1 pick coming up. Rodgers would be in a much better position right?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So Florio says if the packers were forced to waive rodgers he would be claimed by the browns and retire? Why, The browns have a similar roster and own the #1 pick coming up. Rodgers would be in a much better position right?
    It would be the second time Dorsey brought in Rodgers.

Obviously Dorsey is superior to Ted and Stubby.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck