View Poll Results: What do you predict happens to Dom Capers ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dom gets fired right after the season (within 3 days) so we get a head start in a DC search

10 45.45%
  • MM evaluates, and fires Dom a couple weeks after the season

4 18.18%
  • MM keeps Dom Capers

8 36.36%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: THE FATE OF DOM CAPERS

Blog Entries

THE FATE OF DOM CAPERS

MAKE YOUR PREDICTION
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    We've seen this before; MM takes his sweet time evaluating as ideal candidates get hired up quickly as we spin our thumbs.

Here's your chance to predict Dom Capers Fate
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I don't think any of your options will happen. I suspect he'll be asked to retire instead of the humiliation of firing him outright.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I guessing Dom will live another 10-20 year, and die like the rest of us, excepting some Rothchild family members who are receiving anti-gerontological treatments at illuminati headquarters (right, Wist?).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I guessing Dom will live another 10-20 year, and die like the rest of us, excepting some Rothchild family members who are receiving anti-gerontological treatments at illuminati headquarters (right, Wist?).
    I think Dom's hair piece will live another 10-20 years after him.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    MM has to let him go. It's time. It's been time. No more excuses about having the right personnel, injuries, whatever. He must really respect him, and that's understandable. He has had some good defenses in the league with far superior talent that he has to coach now. That's not his fault, but the bottom line results are his responsibility.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I think Dom's hair piece will live another 10-20 years after him.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    MM has to let him go. It's time. It's been time. No more excuses about having the right personnel, injuries, whatever. He must really respect him, and that's understandable. He has had some good defenses in the league with far superior talent that he has to coach now. That's not his fault, but the bottom line results are his responsibility.

I'm kinda in PB's camp - either they have to get him the guys who can run his defense (veterans) and back off draft and develop for the defense, or they have to go with a staff that can teach a defense to a bunch of raw guys.

Won't the good candidates be coaching playoff teams, so is there harm in waiting?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

You gotta do this shit quick. You wait a day and you’ve missed out on all the top guys

Especially this year. There’s gonna be a lot of guys moving around

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I just want Dom gone, don't care how soon after the season. Tired of hearing about how QBs saying after the game they know what he's going to run.

Still a fan of Dennis Thurman to come in.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Won't the good candidates be coaching playoff teams, so is there harm in waiting?
    MAYBE......BUT those guys in the playoffs tend to leave for head coaching jobs. Not a ton of vertical moves...as leas I don't think so

MARVIN LEWIS anybody ? Pedigree wise, those are the type of candidates it would be nice to loan

IN the past MM has took his sweet time; this one should be bold and fast so we don't lose out on any options IMO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I just want Dom gone, don't care how soon after the season. Tired of hearing about how QBs saying after the game they know what he's going to run.

Still a fan of Dennis Thurman to come in.

Tell me about Dennis Thurman; I don' know much about him

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    He started as a defensive backs coach. He is rumored to be excellent with coaching that area. He was the defensive coordinator under Rex Ryan in Buffalo. Currently he is unemployed but I like his background for secondary coaching because that would be a welcome change to have a secondary that knows what they're doing in Green Bay. Given that Ryan would seek him out whenever he got a head coaching job, to me that's a positive in Thurman's favor. Rex may have been a bad head coach, but the SOB knew defense. The one downside to him is that he is 61. So he may only have a couple years left of coaching.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    Would you want him as a Secondary coach or DC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    MAYBE......BUT those guys in the playoffs tend to leave for head coaching jobs. Not a ton of vertical moves...as leas I don't think so

MARVIN LEWIS anybody ? Pedigree wise, those are the type of candidates it would be nice to loan

IN the past MM has took his sweet time; this one should be bold and fast so we don't lose out on any options IMO
    Marvin Lewis would be interesting. I wonder if MM would go that route, or go with a talented position coach looking to move up to DC. A pick like Lewis would be safer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Marvin Lewis would be interesting. I wonder if MM would go that route, or go with a talented position coach looking to move up to DC. A pick like Lewis would be safer.

I'd be game for an established DC who has been successful as a NFL DC for a team with AROD on it.

It's slam dunk sure they SHOULD keep him. I'll put it at 60/40 in the prediction department that they actually do keep him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

head in the bottom of the basket.

Firing squad.