Probably Gone:

John Fox

Bruce Arians

Marvin Lewis

Jim Caldwell

Dirk Koetter

Chuck Pagano

Hue Jackson

who'd be the best D coordinator out of the bunch?

Vic Fangio

If Caldwell does get fired, do we bring in Teryl Austin right away? Dude is a hot HC candidate but never seems to get the job.

I gotta think Fangio is the first choice, but I wouldn't mind looking at Austin.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Fangio has stymied M3's offense many times. I imagine that is worth a lot to M3.

But it is not a given that the Bears let Fangio go, even if they show Fox the door.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I can’t believe Hue Jackson likely survives. Perhaps Dorsey can convince Haslem he needs to get his own guy. I suppose that’s quite possible despite what Haslem indicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I can’t believe Hue Jackson likely survives. Perhaps Dorsey can convince Haslem he needs to get his own guy. I suppose that’s quite possible despite what Haslem indicated.
    I have no clue how Haslem can stick with him. 1 win in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    My analysis says we'll see that Status Quo and GM, HC and DC in Green Bay for the 2018 Season.

It's that Big Happy Family Feeling.

BELIEVE BIG !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I gotta think Fangio is the first choice, but I wouldn't mind looking at Austin.
    Fangio = a NO !

He's headed for better than replacing Dom Capers in Green Bay.

Also:

A NO to Teryl Austin in Green Bay in 2018. The Detroit Lions DC is overdue for a head coaching opportunity.

It was rumored that Teryl Austin was a top candidate for the Arizona State job before 'the Sun Devils' hired Herm Edwards.

Teryl Austin will very likely be one of the top NFL head coaching candidates to replace a FIRED HC come January 2018. MM isn't going anywhere until TT moves out of his GM's office. Is TT still alive?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Anyone think anything about Schiano from Ohio state

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    What about a Dan Quinn disciple? Haven't his defenses represented the NFC in the last 3 super bowls? Maybe? Our defense has some talent, we just gotta get someone to get it out of them.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    3 out of the last 4.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I have no clue how Haslem can stick with him. 1 win in 2 years
    Apparently Haslam promised 3 years at least. But he has probably promised that before.

Jimmy seems to like Hue though, or at least, thinks he been in a bad situation.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    An interesting conundrum. There are a few former HC's that have taken on their former positions as Defensive Coordinators and have been successful. Think Peter Principle.

There are a select few DC's that will be available and willing to make that lateral move. Maybe Fangio, but not many others.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    What about a Dan Quinn disciple? Haven't his defenses represented the NFC in the last 3 super bowls? Maybe? Our defense has some talent, we just gotta get someone to get it out of them.
    Tod Wash J Jags is a "hot D coordinator" He was w/Seattle for a few seasons. He probably is looking for HC, I like the Jags D more than anything Fangio has lashed together at SF.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Apparently Haslam promised 3 years at least. But he has probably promised that before.

Jimmy seems to like Hue though, or at least, thinks he been in a bad situation.
    Did Dorsey take the GM job without a guarantee he could pick the coach? They have to change the culture and attitude there. Whether 1-30 is Jackson's fault, I don't think you change the culture with him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Did Dorsey take the GM job without a guarantee he could pick the coach? They have to change the culture and attitude there. Whether 1-30 is Jackson's fault, I don't think you change the culture with him there.
    I think, like Ted, he might have agreed to a one year evaluation. But who the hell knows with Haslam? He might have decided on Hue staying one more year the day after signing Dorsey.

Blog Entries
    on Dan Patrick it was noted the Bengals really like Hugh Jackson. It sounds insane, but they noted a trade could happen for Hugh frickin Jackson
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hadley seems to be the problem if he’s willing to stick with a coach who has won 1 game in 2 years and not let his new GM pick his guy